Gone

Please Remember (editing)

Soyou really didn't know what to do in a situation as unexpected as this. She and Dasom came back to find L trying to comfort their sobbing unnie on the floor, Sunggyu standing at the corner of the room with his back facing them, like a kid who got timeout in class, and their leader nowhere to be seen. Instinctively, Dasom went over to Bora side and embraced her, while Soyou went over to Sunggyu. "What happened?" She asked, trying to get the older man to turn around.

"He not gonna respond, you know." Myungsoo replied, turning around to see his noona. Soyou noticed that L's eyes were red and puffy, leaving her even more curious yet concerned for what had happened.

"Why not?" Soyou asked again, turning her attention back to the lone man at the corner.

"It's a long story, but I can't tell you right now. There is something else that's more important at the moment." Leaving Bora in the hands of Dasom, literally, he got up and looked seriously at Soyou, who flinched slightly at the sight of his expression. L's hardly serious off stage. "Hyorin's missing."

 

"What?!" Both Soyou and Dasom simultaneously exclaimed.

"What do you mean unnie's missing?" Dasom asked, her grip on Bora loosened from the shock. Bora took the opportunity to give Dasom an embrace instead.

"She left two hours ago, without bringing her phone." She answered, cuddling the maknae closer to herself. "None of us know where she is."

"ARE YOU SERIOUS?!" Bora turned to meet the stunned eyes of her young member. "Why did she even leave in the first place?!"

"I'll explained everything later. But first, let's find Hyorin noona." L spoke, moving closer to Soyou. "Do you happened to know where she is?"

"I'm afraid not." She answered, looking sadly at L with her dark brown eyes. "But maybe," she considered, her eyes lighting up with hope. "Maybe she's with her."

"With who?"

"It's a hunch. L, can you explain everything to somie first? I need to make a phone call." L agreed, sitting beside Dasom and Bora, while Soyou when out of the room typing away on her phone.

"Oppa," Dasom said, once Soyou was out of the room. "Can you tell me something first?"

"Sure." Turning around to look behind her, Dasom spoke softly.

"Why is Sunggyu standing there again?"

"Um..." L looked uneasily at Bora's unchanging face, who tried her best to look natural in front of the two young ones.

 

"Let's just start from the begining, shall we?."

 


 

"What?!" Ailee placed her steaming coffee on to her living room table, wondering of she had heard right. "What do you mean Hyorin's missing?"

"I don't really know what happened either," Soyou replied, rubbing her temples to get rid of a nonexistent headache. "Is she really not at your house?"

"No, unfortunately. What made her leave in the first place?"

"I really don't know. Gimme a sec, I'll try to get some info first."

"Okay." Hearing the line cut, Ailee flopped on to her couch, picking up her mug and taking a sip out of it, letting the bittersweet beverage burn . She couldn't believe this sudden turn of events between her close friends. She thought that everything would end happily like in a fairytale once L and Hyorin start hanging out. She herself found them a really cute pair. After a few minutes, a familiar tune starting playing from her small portable device. Ailee place down her mug and pick up her phone again.

 

"Here's what I've got. It's rather long, so I'll keep it short. Sunggyu did something stupid, Hyorin got either frighten or mad, nobody really knew, and she isn't in autumn wear." Soyou took a breather before continuing. "We need to find her fast. The sun's going down!"

Ailee took a peak out of the window, the orange globe bidding her farewell. "Hyorin's definitely gonna freeze once the night winds come. You guys really have no leads?"

"None. Hyorin didn't bring her handphone, so we can't reach her. Bora unnie has already informed our manager oppa. We'll just have to wait."

"But there's got to be a reason why she had leave in the first place. I mean, even if oppa really did something that 'stupid', it couldn't be that bad, right?"

"First of all, it really was that bad, but I don't think that unnie would react that badly either." Soyou sigh from the other end of the line. "If we only know why..." Both Ailee and Soyou thought hard, but it wasn't easily finding a reason to upset their usually cheerful friend.

"Hey," Ailee called, realising something crucial. "Why don't you check her diary?"

"Diary? She had a diary? Since when did she get a diary?" She could tell Soyou was clearly shocked.

"She has a diary. I saw her writing in it when we were still filming Dream High 2." What Ailee didn't mention was that when she saw Hyorin writing away, her friend was in a room, by herself, with the lights off, hidden from partically the entire cast and crew, but it wasn't important info, was it? "Maybe she didn't tell you guys since it won't fit her general image."

Soyou couldn't argue about that. She guessed having a diary when you're supposed to be chic and cool can be embarrassing. However, there were cute sides to Hyorin which a lot of people know about, even if it didn't fit her image. Having a diary wasn't such a bad thing.

Then again, Hyorin is very insecure.

"So, do you know where it might be?" Soyou asked, since it's clear that she herself won't know if she didn't know it existed in the first place.

"No, but if Hyorin didn't bring anything along with her, it's most likely at you dorm, isn't it?"

"True. We'll do our best to find it. Would you like to be informed if we do?"

"No need. I'll go to your house. Better get down to it once and for all." Tossing the remaining coffee into the sink, Ailee grabbed her handbag and coat and quickly left, remembering to switch off all the lights. She felt that whatever happened today would not end until they all know what Hyorin was hiding from them all.

She just hope it won't be too late.

 


 

Hyorin gripped tightly on to her furry coat, bracing herself against the harsh winds. She should have wore much thicker clothing when she was back at home, but changing was definitely the last thing on her mind at that moment. Besides, she liked the cold a little. It helped to numb the overflowing pain inside. As she watched the sun slowly disappear below the horizon, fresh tears began to form, tears which she tried to hold back. It didn't take long for Hyorin to break down again.

It just hurt. It hurt so bad.

She though that by coming here, it wouldn't hurt as badly as it did. That maybe seeing the big tree, though its leaves absent in preparation for winter, might help to mend her broken heart, even just a little. But the thick, trunk became a blunt reminder of her failed love life, ever since she was a child. She still wasn't able to find him, and she might never will. She was sick of living, sick of having to go through the pain over and over again. Trailing her line of sight back to the tree trunk, she spotted the craving that was made years ago.

"Myung & Hyo, BFF." Hyorin mumbled. "Best friends forever..."

Without hesitation, Hyorin dug her fingernails into her name and scratched it out, not stopping even though the sharp wood was cutting into her skin. She needed to remove it, her own name mocking her endlessly. She stood up, gazing at the tree bark, scratched and caked in her blood, which was still dripping from her fingertips. It didn't matter anymore. She won't have to see it again.

She won't be able to.

Hyorin knew what she wanted now. What she wanted to do all along. She knew that life won't give her a second chance. She'll just end it all. It didn't matter anyway.

 

After all, Hyojung was gone a long time ago.

 

===============================

Hihi. Here's the weekly update. Man, why did I write something so depressing the day after Hyorin's birthday? :P Anyways, hope you enjoy this chapter.

Comment and subscribe! :D