Recall

Please Remember (editing)

What?! Why did he decide to confess? How am I supposed to reveal my feelings now? This is a joke, right?

A thousand thoughts raced through L's mind faster than the speed of light. In the midst of his jumbled feelings and mixed emotions, he still managed to keep a poker face on. However, being lost in his own thoughts, he was unable to reply back to Sunggyu. He stared blankly at Sunggyu, as silence quickly filled the room, a giant cover surrounding the awkwardness between the two. Sunggyu shrugged as the silence mocked him, feeling extremely uncomfortable at its uninvited presence.

"Um... you okay L?" He asked worryingly.

"Yeah..." Sunggyu got creeped out at the poker face that remain unchanged when L replied. Maybe the information was too sudden. I should give him time to think. He waited, looking at L to see for a response, getting more freaked out at the unmoving living sculpture. "L?" He grabbed L's shoulders and shook them violently. "You okay bro? You're kind of scaring me!"

"What? Woah! Hyung stop that!" L said as he snapped out of his train of thought. Sunggyu let go too suddenly, causing L to fall back hard into his bed. "Ow! Hyung!"

"Sorry L," Sunggyu apologised. "It's just that you weren't moving just now." He took a seat beside L. "Is something wrong.?"

"I think your comment might have shocked me a little." L said as he rubbed his bum. "I'm really okay."

"Okay then. So what did you want to tell me? It seemed important."

Uh oh.

"I just want to tell you how fun runningman was yesterday." L lied, scolding himself for not wanting to talk first.

"Oh really? I thought it was fun too. Maybe we should do it again next time."

"Yeah." Sunggyu went back to the other bed, leaving L sitting alone on his bed again. L lay down, grabbed a pillow, placed it over his face and silently screamed.

What should I do now?!

 


 

Ailee walked around the room in circles. She didn't know whether she should or shouldn't tell Hyorin. Sistar's performance was going to end soon and it was driving her nuts.

"C'mon Yejin, you got to choose." Ailee told herself. She carefully weighed out the pros and cons in her head, sighing as she realised either choice had a bad side to it. Frustrated, she flopped back onto the chair and pouted.

It made her feel a lot better.

She took in a deep breath and smiled. Pouting always seemed to do the trick. She carefully considered the pros and cons again, but with a much more calmer and clearer mind. It seemed that telling Hyorin wasn't that bad of a decision. Hyorin should know how he felt. She got up and walked in circles, not in frustration anymore, but just to kill time.

She didn't have to wait long.

 

A high-pitched scream could be heard from outside the dressing room. Ailee walked out to find the girls crowding around one of them who collapse. As she move closer, she didn't take long to realise who the tan girl was.

"Bora, what happened?" She asked, kneeling beside Hyorin's limp body.

"I don't know! She only complained of a slight headache before the performance." Bora replied, kneeling beside Hyorin as well and holding on to her hand tightly. "But then, when we were walking back to your dressing room, she suddenly grabbed her head, saying that it hurts so much, and then this happened."

"My gosh where are the paramedics?!" Soyou shouted in her worry. Their manager was still talking on the phone. Dasom, not sure in what she should do in this situation, just latched on to Soyou and watched, her face full of concern. Ailee looked at Hyorin, knowing that she'll have to keep it a secret for a longer period of time that she thought.

Soon enough, the ambulance came. Hyorin, who was in the arms of their manager as he carried her out of the building, was transported to the nearest hospital, along with the members as they were unable to carry on with their schedule without Hyorin. Ailee, who still had yet to perform and in her performance clothes, watched the van as it roared and sped off, silently hoping that everything's all right.

Please be okay, Hyorin.

 


 

The ground felt cold under Hyorin's feet. Practically everywhere was freezing; it was a negative three degrees outside. Hyorin wrapped her scarf around her neck more tightly and placed her hands in her pockets. It's winter break, but it didn't stop her from meeting her best friend. She continued to walk, hearing the pure white snow crunched under her feet, as snowflakes float down and land in her brown hair. She parted the frost-covered branches of the brushes in front of her and found the one she was looking for.

The boy, sitting on a big snow-covered root of the giant maple tree.

He seemed to be busy doing something, and his back was facing her. She crept up to him, putting on foot in front of the other slowly as to avoid making much noise. As she got close enough, Hyorin covered his eyes with her hands. "Guess who?"

"Hi noona!" He cheerfully replied, feeling the warmth of her mittens against his face. She let go and looked over his shoulder. "What's that?"

"I'll prepared something for us to do." Hyorin could see a box on the snow. The boy lifted the cover to reveal two penknives, and a piece of paper with a drawing on it.

"Aren't we too young to play with knives?" She asked worryingly, looking at the sharp blade.

"We're twelve, noona. We're going to become teenagers soon. It won't matter."  He pointed to the rough tree bark. "Let's craved the drawing onto the bark!"

"Onto the bark?"

"Neh! If we do it carefully, we won't hurt the tree. Don't worry." He picked up the penknife and slowly craved the words onto the tree near the roots, keeping his left hand far from the blade to avoid cutting himself. Assured, she picked up a penknife as well and followed.

 

The two worked on the tree for a few hours, getting into a few snowball fights in between. He watched Hyorin carved the words carefully into the bark with determination and smiled. Hyorin finished the last word, happy that she was done. She stood up and looked at the tree, amazed at their work. "How did you come up with this?" She asked him.

"I saw a wooden keychain with words carved onto it." He replied, finishing his last word. "I thought that it will be a good idea to do it on the maple tree as well."

"I see..." He stood up, and they both looked at the craving that they did, a big smile stretched across their faces.

"Myung & Hyo, best friends forever." He said, looking into her eyes. "Sounds good, don't you think?"

 

 

"Hyorin-ah! Hyorin-ah!" Hyorin could hear a girl call her name.

"What..." Hyorin opened her eyes to find herself in the white room again, with Bora by her side.

"Finally, you're awake!" Bora exclaimed happily.

"What happened? Why are we at the hospital? I only remember having a splitting headache."

"Take it easy. We'll explain to you, unnie. Dasom, please get the doctor." Soyou replied in her usual calm manner. Dasom got up from the chair and when out of the room.

"You fainted after the performance, so we got you to the hospital." Bora told Hyorin. "The doctor didn't find anything wrong, so he said that you might know what's happening."

"Well..." Hyorin sat upright on the bed and continued. "You see, I got into an accident  about ten years ago, and lost most of my memory of a person. The doctor say that it's usually the body's protective mechanism. To remove the memories that affected you the most. Recalling the person usually ends up in painful headaches or lost of consciousness, but since it never happened for a long time, I thought that the headache I received today was another thing. Sorry for making you guys so worried." She lowered her head in apology. "Mianhae."

"It's okay," Bora assured her. "But you could have told us that when we met."

"I know, I should have, shouldn't I?"

"Never mind about that," Soyou told her. "At least we know it now, so we can keep an eye on you."

"But did you recall anything?" Bora asked.

Hyorin grinned. "Myung."

"Myung?" Both Bora and Soyou said simultaneously.

"His first character is Myung!"

 

=======================================================================================

Hi guys! Here's the regular update. I actually have more exams coming up so I might not be able to update as frequently as of late. I hope that you guys enjoyed the chapter! :)