One Year Ago

Please Remember (editing)

"Do you like someone?" Bora asked suspiciously, gazing at the dark skinned woman applying blush on her cheeks.

"Why would you say that?" Hyorin asked back, taking a glance at Bora from the mirror in front of her.

"Well, I don't know, beside the fact that you're practically glowing!" She had never seen her leader so happy before, not like she was never happy, but it was at a whole new level.

"No I'm not."

"Yes, you are." Soyou joined in. "I don't recall seeing you this jubilant before." Soyou tapped her chin repeatedly, her long brown hair brushing against her shoulders. "Not only that, you're getting prettier as well."

"And that means?"

"That means you're in loveee." Dasom cooed, grinning cheekily. "People tend to get prettier when they're in love!" Finishing her makeup, Hyorin turned around and faced the girls, all of which were giving her the same grin Dasom had.

"Look, I'm not in love or any of that sort." Hyorin spoke plainly. "If I am, wouldn't it be super obvious?"

"That's why we're asking you!" The three chirped simultaneously, bursting into laughter straight after. Hyorin groaned, glaring at her members, who took no notice of her at all. Bora was already rolling on the floor.

Teasing Hyorin was one of the many things SISTAR loved to do, considering their leader's personality. She was fun and quirky, not as quirky as Bora though, but still quite silly. However, Hyorin wasn't someone who freely shows her emotions. Throughout her bubbly and outgoing demeanor, there should be still some sadness tucked away somewhere inside of her, right? Bora, Soyou and Dasom tried everything to make the young woman cry, from tragic movies to emotional music. But if there was an award for the toughest female out there, she would have won it easily. So instead of making her cry, they decided to make her annoyed instead.

It works most of the time.

"Ya! Enough with the jokes. Get yourselves ready girls. We got a comeback to perform." Hyorin glanced at her Bora's limp body, which was still on the ground, tired out from all the laughing she did earlier. "And get unnie off the floor too!"

"Okay, okay." Soyou chuckled, grabbing Bora's arm and pulling her up. Dasom adjusted the light blue polka dotted ribbon on her hair as Hyorin smoothened out her white sleeveless shirt.

"Ready girls?" Hyorin asked, giving her members a big smile.

"Ready!" The four girls quickly get out of the dressing room and strode towards the stage.

 

 

"Ya," Bora tapped Hyorin's shoulder. The girl was still humming 'Loving U'.

"Yeah?"

"You sure you don't like someone?" She asked, arching an eyebrow. Sighing, Hyorin turned and faced her unnie.

"I really not in love with someone, okay?" She spoke matter-of-factly.

"Okay okay!" Bora chuckled, wrapping her arms around Hyorin's waist. "It's just that you really look happier today."

"Really?" Hyorin ruffled Bora's hair playfully. "Maybe it's because we're performing something else besides Alone."

"Aish, why are you so happy to work?" She lightly knocked her leader's head. "Better get that brain of yours checked."

"Oh pleaseee!"

"Haha, but seriously, if you do have a boyfriend, you'll tell me first, okay?"

"Arasso unnie. Now go join the others before they get jealous." Nodding, Bora let go and join the other two in front, tackling them from behind. Hyorin smiled seeing her friends having fun, but it soon fade as she thought about earlier on, a sigh of relief escaping her lips.

That was close. Way too close.

"Imagine the surprise they'll get if they knew." Hyorin mumbled to herself, taking broad steps across the smooth floor. She wanted to tell them so badly, but with the dating ban still on, and the promotions not done yet, it was risky business. Just hold it in, Hyojung, until you're done promoting the new song. Then you can rant all you want and spend all of your quality with him... Him, just the thought of him sends butterflies fluttering crazily inside her heart. Smiling widely again, she hummed the rest of the song gleefully.

~I'm only think about u-u~

 


 

C'mon, pick up...

Hyorin stared at her phone, the music blasting from her glossy black headphones turned off for this occasion. A few more rings after, the answering machine picked up, causing her to throw the phone aside, the poor device landing on the other side of her bed. With the headphones unplugged, the music from her phone resonated throughout her bedroom.

She was pissed, really pissed.

It been ten days since she last heard of him. Of course, it is hard for celebrities to hang out openly in public, so dating was a big no no, but to not answer her calls, or reply her text messages was really driving her to the edge.

Is he too busy, or avoiding me?

Frustrated, Hyorin picked up her pillow and scream hard into it, messing up her hair afterwards. Should she or should she not trust him? There are so many dramas out there who would have easily said that he's a goner, though a part of her hated her for even thinking that. Thankfully, Bora wasn't in the room at that moment. She was busy washing up in the bathroom. Hyorin couldn't imagine Bora staring at her as she jumped between love and hate. That would have been horrendous.

One more call, Hyorin, the voice in her head begged her. Just one more? Admitting defeat, she picked up her phone and dial the number again, plugging back her headphones at the same time.

 

Ring~

Give him time. It is late.

Ring~

Maybe his phone's flat, or he turned it off and forgot to switch it on again.

Ring~

Don't overreact, Hyorin. Don't.

...*click* "The number that you had reached is unavailable. Please try again later. The number...

 

Hyorin silently pressed the end call button, the melody blasting into her ears once more, luring her into a trance. She was exhausted, but at the same time too awake to sleep. She guessed that she's most likely mentally drained. Not like it mattered.

"Can't sleep?" Looking up, Hyorin found her unnie looking at her as she hung her towel to dry, her face clearly showing worry. Hyorin gathered all of her energy to give a weak smile.

"Not tired."

 


 

Should I be mad at him? Should I?

Pacing her walking speed, Hyorin managed to walk almost silently while wearing pretty tall high heels. She made a bad decision to wear these today, considering being only in a plain white t-shirt and demin shorts. Fortunately, the young girl wasn't in a rush to go anywhere, though she did wanted to get there quickly, but when a guy tells you to take your time, you should. They're most likely not there yet either. After being with him for five months, not being on time was normal to the both of them, with the chances of a sudden shift in schedule or a delay in the last one. The good thing was that both parties were willing to wait for each other, allowing them to bond well.

She wondered if the bond was even there anymore.

 

It felt like they had drifted apart, slowly and gradually. They stop talking on the phone first, the lack of text message replies right after. Most of their meetups ended up on the days when they're having the same events on their schedules, sharing only simple greetings. Sometimes, when he was daring enough, he would secretly flash a heart with his hands, causing the young lady to grin and turn bright red. Nowadays, it was just a nod or an exchange of a few words, the sincereness clearly absent from his tone. Hyorin didn't like to think about it too long. It fact that they're still together speak volumes, right?

"Don't worry too much about him," Hyorin told herself quietly. "You're his girlfriend, not his umma. Besides, it's being a long time since you had last seen him, so cheer up, Hyo. Okay?" She sighed, walking at a even faster speed, her heels clicking loudly on the hard pavement, just as thunderclouds loomed over the peaceful sky.

 

 

Rain. She never knew she could hate it so badly. It did nothing to her besides making her wet on certain days, becoming a unfortunate bystander in her rage. But, she did had the right to get angry.

How would you feel if your boyfriend's kissing another girl?

Neither of them knew of her presence till the woman broke off from their kiss, glancing at Hyorin afterwards. "What are YOU looking at?" She asked, a little annoyed to find someone invading their privacy. His eyes widened as he realised who she was.

"Hello... oppa."

"Oppa?" The girl said, running her fingers down her blood red dress, her jet black hair partially covering her face.  "You know her?" 

"Well, I AM his GIRLFRIEND!"

"Girlfriend? Ah, so she was the woman you were talking about." He did what?!

"Get out." He told the black-haired woman. "I talk to you later."

"Why should I? Can't I listen to my oppa talk?"

"Song Yura, GET OUT!" He screamed, causing the women to jump back slightly.

"Fine, fine. Have it your way. See you later...Oppa." She cooed, letting the last word ring longer. Gazing at Hyorin, who stood by and watched, she smirked, took her things and left the room.

"How did you get in?" He asked.

"You left the door unlocked and ajar." She replied, looking at the floor. "Probably because you were in a hurry to do something else."

"Look," he spoke, running his fingers across his dark brown locks. "I can explain."

"Really?" Hyorin questioned back. "Because I didn't come to my boyfriend's house to see him make out with another girl."

"It really isn't what it looks like."

"Yeah, it REALLY isn't." She shot back, her eyes turning cloudy. "How could you?"

"..."

"Really," Hyorin spoke, her voice cracking a little. "Now you can't talk-" She suddenly felt some warm pressed against her lips, realising later that it was his own. His cologne surrounded her, a smell that she had favoured, especially when he leaned forward secretly to tell her something. She felt happy being with him then.

Now, all she felt was disgust.

"You should go home." He told her, after breaking off from their kiss, turning around so that he wouldn't have to meet her eyes. "It's getting late."

"..."

"You know where this is going." He picked up her bag, which she had discarded by the side of the room, a common habit of hers when she visits, and passed it to her, which the young woman took silently. "It doesn't take a genius to find out."

"..." Hyorin walked over to the main door, slipping on her slightly damp shoes.

"Do you need an umbrella? You don't usually carry one often." She shook her head, opening the door to get out. He sighed, standing by the door to ensure that it closes properly.

"By the way, don't worry about seeing me any time sooner. I'll be going on a world tour next week." Grabbing the doorknob, he glanced into her emotionless eyes for the last time before closing the door. "Goodbye." With the click of the door, Hyorin was left alone in the corridor.

 

She bought three bottle of Soju before going home. She needed the alcohol, her only option to drown herself away from reality. Upon reaching home, Hyorin kicked off her shoes and opened the first bottle, drinking it down to the last drop before reaching her bedroom. Holding on to the first bottle, she opened the second one, placing her bag on the wooden floor before drinking slowly, allowing the bitter taste to fill , a clear reflection of her feelings towards him. She sat down slowly onto the ground, the alcohol already taking effect, making her feel dizzy.

How could he?

Finishing the second bottle, Hyorin opened the third, sloshing the clear liquid before taking a gulp. The members were going to meet a really drunk girl when they get home, but that was the least of her concerns then.

How could he just leave me?

The anger boiled in her again, picking up the two empty glass bottles, she flung them strongly towards the wall beside her. They shattered, sending green shards flying in all directions. Some grazed her arms an legs, causing them to bleed. It didn't bother her though. She felt too betrayed, too used to care about it. After finishing  the last bottle, she smashed it against the wall as well, adding on to the collection of cuts on her, breaking down into a passionate sob right after.

It , to get dumped by the man who stole her first kiss on the exact same day.

 

=================================

Hihi! Sorry for the late update, again. X( There are a few points that I would like you to take note of for this chapter:

1. This story is in the context of it being in 2013, so the title makes sense.

2. Song Yura is an OC, to ensure that I won't have girl idol fan complications. If you happened to find someone with the same name, pure coincidence.

3. I do have a guy character in mind, but I decide not to write it down. I may use him if I make a sequel (would you guys like one?) but as of now, it shall remain anonymous. I may tell you guys if I'm not doing a sequel.

 

Lastly, hope you guys enjoy this chapter. Comment and subscribe! :D