Broken Promises

Please Remember (editing)

Hyorin couldn't stop staring at her sunbae. It was already quite late, and she was just about to go home when she heard music playing from one of the dance rooms. Hyorin decided to follow it, surprised to know that there are still people in the school. What she found was a girl dancing to the music.

To say that she was beautiful was an understatement.

The girl was practically gliding across the dance floor, moving swiftly and gracefully like a swan. She also had the prettiest face Hyorin had ever seen. Hyorin was memerised. It didn't take long for Hyorin to realise who it was.

Yoon Bora.

Obviously! Look at her, Hyojung! She's perfect.

Bora was one of the most popular seniors in Hyorin's high school. Besides majoring in dance, one of the courses which was considered cool to be in, she was also known for her astounding beauty and bubbly personality. Who wouldn't love her?

So one can imagine the surprise Hyorin got when she heard the music stopped and a pair of footsteps advancing towards her.

"Hello!" Bora chirped. Seeing her face up close, Hyorin couldn't stop looking into Bora's clear, round eyes.

"H-Hi..."

"Don't be so tense! I'm not going to bite, you know." Bora laughed, and Hyorin for once felt that Bora was as much as a girl as any other.

"So, what your name?" Bora asked.

"Hyojung. Kim Hyojung."

"That's a nice name. So, Hyojung, want to be friends?"

"Isn't that a little rush?"

"It doesn't matter to me. You look nice to me. I like you. Let's be friends."

Wow. She's direct. But Hyorin was begining to really like Bora. Ever since that guy left, Hyorin always ends up being left out of groups. To have someone so open and friendly to her gave her a warm feeling inside.

"Okay. Let's be friends."

"Yay!" Bora wrapped her arms around Hyorin, giving her a light squeeze. The two of them packed their things and walked home together. Along the way, Hyorin noticed that Bora was spacing out.

"Are you thinking about something, Bora sunbae?"

"I was just wondering... Hyojung?"

"Yes?"

"Do you think that Hyorin's a good name for you?"

 

 

Hyorin was worried about Bora. The members were having their dinner. Hyorin, as usual, didn't finish her food, but Bora didn't even touch her food.

"Unnie, are you okay?" Dasom asked, her face showing concern.

"I'm fine."

"Are you sure?"

"I'm just not that hungry tonight. I'm really okay." Bora replied, giving a smile. "You girls continue. I'm going to bed." Bora got up and left, leaving her untouched food behind.

 

Still worried, Hyorin decided to follow Bora into her room. Upon opening the door, she saw Bora sobbing on her bed.

"Unnie, what wrong?" she asked, shocked to see Bora suddenly in tears.

"You tell me what wrong!" Bora snapped, glaring at Hyorin. Hyorin got surprised again. Bora rarely, no, never snapped at her before. Bora realised as well, and got off the bed with a sorry look in her shiny eyes. "Sorry for snapping at you."

"It's okay." Hyorin took a seat beside Bora and embraced her. She still remembered how good it felt whenever Bora hugs her, though she's not used to physical contact with people. Bora has always been an exception, from the day they decided to be friends. Bora held onto Hyorin and rested her head on her shoulders as she cried.

"So, what's wrong?" she asked again, as she Bora's hair. Bora's cries had reduced to soft sniffs.

"I'm worried." Bora replied.

"About what?"

"You."

Hyorin stopped Bora's hair and looked at her. "What?"

"I'm worried about you, Hyojung." Bora answered. "I'm worried that I'm going to lose you."

Hyorin stiffened. She let go of Bora and brought her hands to herself. "That can never happen."

"It already is."

She could sensed the danger. Hyorin got up, aiming to get out of the room when Bora latched on to her arm.

"Let go, unnie." she asked, not looking at Bora.

"Please, Hyorin. Tell me what's going on-"

"LET GO!" Hyorin forcefully flicked Bora's off her arm and ran out of the door, leaving Bora half stunned and half depressed.

I'm sorry, Bora.

Hyorin ran out of the house and towards the park.

I just can't tell you.

 

Bora stayed still for a few moments, before breaking out into a short laugh, tears returning in her eyes.

Bora, you lost her.

 


 

Myungsoo came back home exhausted. He received a warm welcome from Dongwoo, who helped his dongseng to remove his cloak and sat onto the couch.

"So, is it her?" Dongwoo asked, waiting to hear that familiar sentence.

"Nope." L replied. "Just another crazy fan."

"Seriously, L, you should be more realistic about this." Sunggyu commented as he read a book. "How are you going to find one women in the entire population of Korea."

"I can try." He said positively. "At least I'm one down. I just need to find a tan woman in her twenties, with an amazing singing ability."

"That is either being very optimistic, or very stupid." Hoya told Myungsoo bluntly. Myungsoo gave Hoya the what-did-you-just-say! look, causing Hoya to burst into laughter.

"By the way, Myungsoo, why do you want to find her?" Dongwoo asked.

"Well... it's kind of a long story." L replied, reflecting on that question.

 

 

Little Myungsoo ran as fast as a nine year old could, towards the maple tree. He didn't see the girl waiting for him at the steps outside the entrance of their school. Myungsoo knew what to expect. Eventually, as he reached the foot of the huge maple tree, he saw what he thought he would see.

His noona, sitting on one of the tree's roots and crying her eyes out.

 

"What is it about now?" he asked, sitting beside her. She lifted her bangs, revealing her wide forehead. Her forehead was covered in bruises.

"Again?! They should really stop by now, or I'll give them my super punch!" Myunsoo got up and started waving his fist about in the air, before losing his balance and dropped onto the ground. The girl laughed at the sight in front of her. Myungsoo got up groaning, but soon smiled as he managed to make her smile again.

 

"I am sorry that you have to take care of me, though I am older than you." she commented, her tears on the verge to resurface again.

Sensing the danger point, Myungsoo quickly reassured her. "It's okay! You're a girl. Boys should be stronger than girls." Sitting beside her again, Myungsoo asked politely, "Can you please sing for me, noona?"

"Sure!" she replied, her eyes lighting up. He knew how much she liked to sing. He leaned against the tree bark and closed his eyes, happily listening to her sweet voice. After a while, she stopped. Myungsoo looked at her and realised she's thinking.

"Myungsoo?"

"Yeah?"

"Will you always be there to protect me?"

"Yes."

 "Promise?"

Myungsoo smiled. "I promise."

 

 

"Let's just say I broke a promise of mine, and I want to make up for it."

"It must be a really big promise for you to be looking for her to this extent." Sunggyu commented.

"It is." L gave a sad smile.

"If she's that important to you, Myungsoo, than why don't you remember her name?" Hoya asked.

 

L laughed, much to the surprise of s. "I don't think either of us can." He said as his eyes began to shine like crystals.

 

 

The girl chased after Myungsoo, determine not to let him go. As Myungsoo crossed the road, he could see her still trying to catch up with him. He smiled sadly.

You know that I'm sorry. I really do love you.

He turned around to continue running when he suddenly heard the loud honking of a car. Looking back, he found something he didn't want to see.

A car, heading straight for her.

 

First instinct got him to run towards the girl and embraced her. Second instinct got him to pray that it won't hurt.

It didn't work.

Myungsoo groaned as he felt the impact of his back against the cold, wet tar road. He tried to turn his head, and found the girl beside him, her eyes closed.

Oh, gosh no...

And her head bleeding.

 

 

"Because..." he said simply, with a smile to hide his pain.

I'm truly sorry.

"Because I broke that promise."

 

=================================================================================

Done! Finally! It took me so long to write this. I'm starting to think of the next chapter already, so be patient. With luck, it should be ready next week. In the meantime, why not check out my new fanfic, 'the dream thief' ? I'm making Bora and Minho my mains for the story, so please check it out. Thanks and love ya guys! <3

I would also like to thank the ten people who had subscribe to me. You guys are one of the reason to continue with this story. Luv you lots!