I'm Glad you Did

Please Remember (editing)

Ever wonder what it would be like to die?

Hyorin did, a lot.

To choose to end your life by plunging ten stories straight to the ground, Hyorin thought that it'll hurt a lot, slamming down onto the hard concrete at such a fast speed. But after thinking for a while, she felt that one would probably be dead by the time he hits the ground, so it won't hurt at all. That in itself brought her a little relief.

She also thought of the things that will happen after she dies. Would there be a funeral for her, with her close friends and family? Would there be a mega news report on her suicide, bringing tears to her fans and joy to the antis? She usually didn't think further after that, the non-existent images of her grieving fans and family heavily imprinted in her mind gave her a bad vibe. But, would it be wrong to die if it was to be free, to end all her pain and suffering?

She guessed she'll never find out.

 

The moment Hyorin let gravity take over, she expected her death to be a quick one, possibly around three seconds. She was hoping to have those mini flashback moments that people always tell her about, the flashbacks that slows down time and replays the prominent events of her life. What she had also hoped for was for her flashbacks to be filled only with her happiest moments, so that she could treasure them and passed on with a smile on her small face. The only problem was that something suddenly grabbed her wrist sharply, causing her to be left hanging ten storeys above the ground. But it wasn't something.

It was someONE.

"L..." Hyorin spoke, looking at the young man above her, who was on his knees and panting heavily as he beared the weight of a woman pulling down on his arm, his knuckles turning white as he tightened his grip on her.

"Man noona!" He chuckled extremely weakly. "You have got to lose some weight!"

"L!" She said again, starting to feel rather afraid as she stared at her dangling feet. "Let go!"

"No! I'm not losing you noona!"

"But L! As strong as you are, there's no way for you to be able to lift me up. Just let go Myungsoo." L stayed quiet, besides the constant pants that were coming out of his mouth. As much as he wishes her to be wrong, Myungsoo wasn't some terribly buff man. He was already starting to use both hands, and leaned dangerously forward. There was only so much more that he could do, before he had to let go.

"L, you're going to fall of you keep this up!" Hyorin begged the younger. "I don't want you to die because of me."

"I WILL die without you noona! How can I let go of the person whom I was looking for for such a long time?!"

"What?" Hyorin was somewhat confused. Why would he be looking for her? She couldn't ponder for long though. L lost his grip on the floor, causing him to loosen his grip on Hyorin momentarily. Consequently, she fell slightly, causing her heart to skip a beat. She was really, really afraid of dying now.

There's no turning back though. 

"L!" She screamed, as Myungsoo stumbled forward, beads of perspiration dripping from his face. He tried everything to remove the unbearable ache in his arms, as well as the constant throbbing in his head, despite knowing that he was reaching his limit. "You... you have to let go." Hyorin spoke in a trembling voice, her eyes shining with tears. "Please..."

"... If you're going to die," L replied, closing his eyes and steading himself. Taking in a deep breath, he took a step onto the barrier.

"Then I'm coming with you." 

 

"What?!" Hyorin exclaimed. "L don't!" She watched helplessly as the young man attempted to place his other foot onto the barrier, his eyes full of determination. This wasn't what she had planned at all. She didn't want her dongseng to die. She didn't want the world to lose such a sweet man as him. "DON'T!"

Much to everyone's surprise, the rooftop door burst opened once more, and a strong pair of arms grabbed on to Myungsoo tightly. "Man, L!" The man gasped, trying to regain his breath. "I wasn't expecting you to be this crazy too!"

"H-Hyung..." L stuttered, as he got pulled off the edge. Sunggyu's firm arms let go of him and grabbed on to Hyorin's arm instead. "Hang in there, Hyo! We're here! We're all here!"

"Rinrin!" Ailee exclaimed, squatting down and looking over the edge. "Are you okay?" Before the younger could reply, three girls appeared beside Ailee, their faces full of concern.

"Soyou..." Hyorin mumbled, touched to see them. "Dasom... Bora..."

"On the count of three, Myungsoo!" Sunggyu shouted, earning a nod from the young man. "One, town, three!" Using all of their strength, the two men pulled her up and over the barrier, placing her carefully onto the floor. Instinctively, the four women surrounded the trembling girl and embracing her, all shedding tears of relief.

"Pabo!" Bora cried, snuggling close to her leader and burying her face into her shoulder. "Do you think we want to see our leader dead?!"

"Mianhae, unnie." Hyorin choked, tears streaming down her face. "Mianhae." As the girls were busy comforting Hyorin, the guys stood awkwardly at the side, waiting for the girls to calm down first. Sunggyu glanced at L, who face was pale but glowing with joy, and smiled. Hyorin was L's and not his, and maybe, he could one day let go and find new love.

Gaining courage, L stepped towards them, preparing himself for what he was going to say. "Hyorin." He spoke, earning everyone's attention. Hyorin was also gazing at him, wondering what he was going to say. She already couldn't be thankful enough that he had saved her. Was there something else? "It's me." He continued, staring contently into her eyes. "Your Myung."

"What?"

"It's me." he repeated, on the verge of crying again. "The man whom you were looking for. The boy whom you played with under the maple tree. The man who spent his entire life trying to find the woman who gave him so much happiness."

"No way..." Hyorin couldn't believe her ears. The boy she was looking for, was by her side the entire time? 

"Hyojung," He smiled.

"It's really me."

Hyorin ran and pulled the man into a hug, kissing him on the lips right after. Though somewhat stunned, L returned the kiss, happy to be having it with her. "I found you." she cheerfully spoke, after breaking off from their kiss.

"I finally found you."

 


 

Hyorin gazed cheerfully at the sky, the tiny snowflakes falling gracefully onto her face, making her feel refreshingly cool. She couldn't believe that it was already winter. Time sure flies by.

It's already been three months since she had last tried to end her life, and she was never going to do it again. She was glad that she didn't manage to, and finally found the man that she was searching for so many years. Not only that, she got to be with her super tight group and friends, and actually released her solo album in November, though L was against it at first.

"NO!" She remembered him saying that. "You're not going to release your solo album."

"Why?!" Hyorin pouted, not understanding her boyfriend at all. Yes, he did become her boyfriend. They even made it official, earning Sistar twice the hate mail than they had before. The girls didn't mind though, if it meant seeing their leader on cloud nine everyday. "Everyone agrees with me having a solo album, and it's a good way for me to gain more experience on stage. Besides, this is also decided by my boss, making it more or less final."

"No, no, no! As your lover, I cannot accept this."

"Why not?!"

"Because," L put it simply. "One, you're definitely not 'Lonely'. And two, you don't have 'One Way Love', because I DO love you." He earned a knock on his head right after. 

Seroiusly, immature L was really still the worst, but she still loves him anyway.

 

"How's my noona today?" He asked, standing beside her and ruffling her hair affectionately.

"Fine," she replied sweetly, lightly poking his cheek. "I'm just worried if they could find their way here."

"They'll be fine. I gave them really clear instructions. Speaking of which," He commented, pointing at the bare bushes in front of him. "Here they come." Just as he predicted, the three girls burst through the branches, followed by a young couple who carefully made their way through with their arms linked together.

"So," Dasom spoke, walking towards L and Hyorin and gazing behind them. "This is the famous tree where our lovebirds first met and hang out at."

"Not to mention fall in love!" Bora added on cheekily.

"I've expected it to be bigger though." Soyou commented, inspecting the tree thoroughly. "It's still pretty though."

"It'll be even more beautiful once spring comes." Ailee spoke, cuddling the man beside her. "When the leaves come out again."

"Seriously," L told his noona. "I still can't believe that you'll end up with my leader."

"Well..." Sunggyu replied, holding on to Ailee's hand tightly. "Love sure is strange, but I'm not complaining!" Everyone burst into laughter, including the one woman that he now cared about the most. He was fortunate to have sweet, bubbly Ailee by his side, the one who found him faultless and brokenhearted, and slowly mend his heart together day by day. Now, he is able to love again, and Ailee accepted his love wholeheartedly. Hyorin was also glad for Sunggyu, as he had finally found someone who loves him back, despite everything that they had gone through together. She's not someone who holds grudges anyway.

"Myungie?" She asked, as the others went off to play nearby, leaving the two alone by the tree.

"Yes?"

"There's one thing that I'm still curious about."

"What is it, sweetie?"

"Well... Why... Why did you leave me ten years ago?" Hyorin softly asked, biting on her lip. She wondered if she should have not asked on such a touchy subject.  

"Oh, that." Myungsoo mumbled, scratching the back of his neck. "Hm, how should I explained this?"

"Is it something bad?"

"No, no. I'm just a little short on words. Well... ten years ago, I was going home when someone approached me and introduced himself. He told me he was from Woolim entertainment, and he felt that I have potential to be a Kpop idol and that I should try out for the upcoming auditions. So and I did and-"

"And you passed." She finished off his last sentence. "Why didn't you tell me?"

"You expect me to tell you that I'm leaving you to pursue a career that you had always dream of? I don't think so. Besides, the past is in the past. What matters now is that you and I are together and living out dreams, right?" 

"Yeah." Hyorin replied, embracing him in one swift move. "I'm glad that you found me Myungsoo. I'm glad that you never gave up on me, and that you did everything to find me." 

"I'm glad you did too." L commented, giving her a quick peck on the forehead. "I love you."

"I love you too." Holding on to each other's hands, the two gaze at the tree which held so many precious memories, as well as a new carving that they did one month ago, to replace the one that was destroyed before. Honestly, they both preferred the new one that they did together.

 

Myung & Hyo

BF & GF

Forever 

 


 

"Hyo?" The young boy spoke, as he sat beside her and watched the snowflakes fall.

​"Yes?" She answered, snuggling close to him. She like the warmth that was radiating from his body, making her feel safe and protected.

"I-I think that we should keep our distance." Myungsoo stammered, hastily moving away from her.

"Why?" She asked, clearly hurt. "Do you not want to be friends anymore?" To her, it was a really weird thing to ask, especially since they barely finished the carving just now. 

"No, no! Of course I still want to be friends with you. You're too likable to not be." He assured her, earning a smile from Hyojung in this 'serious' moment. "It's... it's just that we should physically keep our distance, like not sitting so close together."

"Are you uncomfortable with sitting with me?"

"It's not that I'm uncomfortable. It's just that I'm a guy and you're a girl and... and..."

"And?" Hyojung asked innocently.

"And..." The boy mumbled, his face turning a bright shade of pink.

"And I might start to like you."

 

~THE END~