Why I even care about you?

A Hard Prey

The next day Yixing was at the cafeteria reading his book like always, at first he doubted a little about coming or not to that place, but he decided he wasn’t going to be a coward kitten around Jongin, he has passed through this kind of situation before, it was a hard moment in his life but at least he was still alive and he wasn’t going to submit to him, but for some reason Jongin wasn’t ant the cafeteria today, he didn’t paid so much attention and kept reading and drinking his milk and exactly at 10:45 he stood up and left to feed his little friend.

He was walking slowly to the place while listening some music and smiling at the nice weather but his smiled disappeared when he turned the corner and saw that Jongin was there giving him the back, Jongin turned to find Yixing’s face when he heard him arrive. Yixing got socked when he saw Jongin was holding his kitten and Yixing thought the worst of him and quickly ran towards him trying to take the kitten out of his hands but Jongin stopped him holding his chest and pulling the kitten away of him.

“Give it to me” the kitten started meowing making feel Yixing even more desperate.

“What did you said?” Jongin asked him raising his eyebrows.

“Please don’t hurt him, give it to me” Yixing was trying with all his strength to release from Jongin’s hold but he was so strong and he was taking advantage of his height.

 “I’m not the kind of monster you think I am “Jongin finally released him and gave him the kitten back.

"Then what are you doing here?" Yixing asked with an angry glance while comforting the kitten in his hands.
"Well it seems like the scary kitten I met yesterday has gone" Jongin said surprised at the tone Yixing used.

“What are you talking about?” Yixing asked him still angry.

“Just yesterday you were shaking in fear and I thought you would be a good boy” Jongin explained.
"Why should I? I'm not afraid of you, I have met a lot of people like you and you are not different nor special" ‘not special’ those words made Jongin pissed.
"How old are you?" Jongin asked.
"I birth in 1994" 
"Which month?" Jongin asked again.
"October why?" Yixing answered confused.
" That makes me an elder, so don't ever talk to me like that again did you heard me? Or are you going to be a bad boy?" Jongin said closing the space between them both.
"It won't be necessary if you stop prowling around me" Yixing answered giving a step back and moving to put the kitten back in the hole and feed it.
"That's a shame because… I'm loving prowl around you" Jongin whispered at Yixing's ear sending him a bunch of goosebumps through his spine before leaving.
--------

Yixing arrived late to his chemistry class and there was just a seat alone unluckily it was beside Jongin who showed a smirk when he noticed the situation. So Yixing approached to his seat ' why he keeps staring at me? ' Yixing thought because Jongin hasn't move his eye off him.
Once on his seat he lost himself when he saw through the window and forgot everything as he always did but even he knew he has to pay attention to the class once in a while so his mind was going and coming back from the reality but once he noticed that Jonqin was staring at him he just wanted to be out of this world but he couldn't and without been able to control himself he turned to give him a glance, it was kind of creepy the way he was looking at him .
"Why are you always looking at the window?" Jongin finally asked now that he had Yixing's attention, Yixing didn't know if he should answer or not he didn't know the Korean words to explain him so he just said..."Because I like what I see" that wasn't the answer Jongin was waiting for, "Why are you always looking at me?" This time Yixing asked Jongin.
"Because... I like what I see" Jongin whispered at his ear sending Goosebumps to his body and Yixing was starting to hate that. 

Yixing decided not to say anymore and kept looking at the window until the class finished, and so did Jongin.


Jongin was about to go home when he saw Yixing sitting on a bench of the front yard of the school reading alone, Jongin decide just to stare at him from his place wondering why that boy never had his feet on the ground, but Jongin had to accept that it made him look so innocent and he was starting to like that.

Jongin was about to leave when he saw that someone else was approaching to Yixing, Jongin’s body freeze and heated at the same time when he noticed who was it…Yifan better known as Kris an elder from last year and captain of the basquetball team.

Kris was now sitting next to Yixing calling his attention and he got it Yixing closed his book and took out his earphones turning his face to Kris giving him a little bow. He started talking to him about god knows what, maybe he was just asking for something borrowed or asking him to join the basquetball team, that’s what Jongin tried to think, there wasn’t a reason Kris would flirt to Yixing, because Why a guy like Kris would like a boy like Yixing? He’s not even the sportive kind or at least he doesn’t looks like so, yes maybe he’s just asking something borrowed. That’s what Jongin wanted to think trying to be positive before misunderstand the situation.

But all his positivity finished when Kris whispered something into Yixing’s ear and he made the same expression he used to do every time Jongin did it.

Jongin didn’t know what to do, he had now a bunch of feelings mixed inside of him, he didn’t know why it was affecting him that much, he had never acted like that before so he left the place to control himself and clear his mind, this kind of feelings are not acceptable for a playboy like him.

On his way home he couldn’t stop thinking about the scene he just saw, as much as he tryied he couldn’t take it out of his mind he had so many questions forming on his head. Is Kris gay?, Is Yixing gay?, Why Yixing respect Kris but not me?, Why he only has a dimple?, Was Kris flirting with Yixing?, Why a guy like Kris could fell interested in someone like Yixing?.

That last question made Jongin stop and asked to himself Why am I even worried about someone like Yixing?, What is so interesting about him?  -Everything- an inner voice answered that last question surprising Jongin.

“Stop, dude what are you even saying? I really need a cold bath and a couple blows on the head” Jongin said smiling to himself before resuming his way.

 

 

 


A/N: I know this chapter is shorter than the last but I promise I will upload the next one soon I just don't wanted to mix this one with the next one.

Please if I made any mistake let me know.

I hope you enjoy it.