Let's be friends

A Hard Prey

It was already Friday Jongin was talking with his friends on the cafeteria and Yixing wasn’t on his usual place, he decided to wait and see if he appeared.

“Hyung why did you dyed your hair blonde?” Sehun asked Luhan about his new look.

“Yes what are you? an idol?” Jongdae laughed.

“I just wanted to try something different” Luhan explained.

“Yes sure and what’s next a rainbow? Kyunsoo also laughed.

“Yah don’t be like that I think it looks great” Sehun defended Luhan.

“You are going through the world calling everybody a weirdo but now you have become into one” Jongin finally joined to the conversation, and talking about weirdos, where was his?

-------

Yixing was running to see his cat, there were just a few minutes left, he was late, when he arrived he was pounding he definitely needed to get in shape. Unfortunately Jongin was there again like waiting for him but this time he was sitting on the floor resting his back on the wall and playing with the kitten. Yixing approached him slowly but Jongin noticed his presence immediately.
"Where have you been?" Jongin asked him while holding the kitten.
"Who are you? My wife?" Yixing answered taking the kitten out of Jingin's hands.
"What is this? You should be polite with your hyung?!" Jongin raised his voice a little bit pissed.

“I apologize I’ll try it again,… mind your own business HYUNG” Yixing said highlighting the last word.

“Don’t be rude, common sit with me I just want to be your ‘friend’” Jongin had more than that in mind but for now it was a good beginning.

“What? Your friend? a couple days ago you just said you will punch my face” Yixing looked at him weirdly.

“I said just if you were a bad boy, but that won’t happen today common let’s talk” without any other option Yixing did so, he sat beside him and took out the milk carton to feed the cat.

“Is it yours?” Jongin asked looking how he fed it, Yixing nodded without stop looking at the kitten.

“What’s it’s name?” Jongin aske once more.

“Chen Chen”

“Chen Chen, why do you hide it here?”

“I can’t bring it home, my father is allergic”

“Why did you leave China?”

“Is this a conversation or an interrogatory?” Yixing looked at him a little annoyed.

“I just want to know you better” Jongin tried to rest his hand on Yixing’s shoulder but he shrugged as soon as he touched him, so he put his hand back to it’s place.

“Because of my father’s job we have been in this country five years already” Yixing explained when the bell rang announcing it was time to go back, so Yixing stood up and so did Jongin.

“Whay do you want to know about me?” Yixing asked while leaving Chen Chen on his place.

“I told you, I want to be your friend” Jongin said caressing Chen Chen one last time, “You know that Chen Chen will grow up and won’t be able to live here anymore right?” Jongin advised him.

“Yes, I know” Yixing accepted and started to walk.

“Then what are you going to do?” Jongin followed him.

“I will worry when that happens” Jongin nodded.

“Are cats your favorite animal?

“No, I prefer unicorns” Jongin got surprised so he had to stop walking, not for his answer but because he sounded very convinced.

“What? Unicorns? Really? You know those things doesn’t exist, right?”  Jongin was talking to him like if he were explaining a child, trying not to destroy his illusions.

“Yes, I’m not that stupid but you didn’t specify it had to be real. Hurry up we are late!” Jongin kept walking as he said but couldn’t stop smiling, every time he taught he was near to know this guy at the same time he was getting even more confused.

“I have already said a lot, now tell me something about you” Yixing changed the topic.

“Are you my girlfriend?” Jongin said jokingly “There is nothing interesting to say about me” Jongin tried to divert him from the question.

“Actually there is, like why is everybody staring at us?” Yixing had never noticed it efore but literally everybody was staring at them while walking.

“They are not looking at us, they are looking at me” Jongin explained with a smirk.

“Why?”

“And why not? I am the most handsome guy over here, everybody loves me” Jongin was now talking with his chin raised in pride, making Yixing remember he was the kind of people he disliked the most.

 

------

 

At the end of the classes Yixing was about to leave when someone called his name from the back making him turn to see who was it. It was Kris the huge guy from yesterday Yixing could feel an aura around him that made him feel nervous.
"Anyonghaseyo hyung!" Yixing bowed greeting him.

"Hi, where are you going?" Kris asked him tying to place his right hand over his shoulder but once more Yixing didn't allowed it, he really hated when people touched him.
"I'm just going home" Yixing said pointing at the door.
"I see, don't leave yet, stay a little bit more and see the team training" Kris invited him whit that deep voice of his, Yixing didn’t know what to do, he was afraid to say no but he couldn't stay.
"I'm sorry hyung but I must go home or I will get in troubles"
Yixing declined shyly lowering his look.
"I'm sorry but It wasn't a question" Kris said with a smirk before holding Yixing's wrist and pulling him gently to the gym. Kris wasn't hurting him but Yixing was feeling nervous, he knew that the better option would be do as he says because as much as Yixing tried Kris wan't listening his protests.
When they arrived to the gym there was the whole team warming on their uniforms.
"yah hyung who's your friend?” a tall guy with brown hair asked jokingly. Kris pointed him to get sit.
"Don't worry I promise take you home when it finishes, and you better not leave before I let you “Kris said before leaving and Yixing just nodded. 
'Why did Kris wanted him to see their training?, I don't even like basketball' Yixing taught confused but he was sure about something 'My father will kill me'.
Half hour passed and Yixing still had some chances to survive but the training kept going and Yixing was getting more and more nervous, maybe Kris brought him to show him how awesome he was playing basketball and Yixing could noticed even if wasn't an expert he could see how good Kris was but it didn't care anymore because there has passed more than an hour and Yixing was now surely dead he was afraid to leave because in some way he was afraid of Kris too, he was getting tired of be afraid of everything. After a few minutes of paying attention at the game he noticed the fact that Kris was dedicating him every point he was scoring.
'I can't believe it, is he flirting with me?!, first Jongin and now Kris, what's wrong with the people in this school?!' Yixing thought scary.
The practice finally came to its end and Kris approached him extremely wet in sweat and smiling at him.
"Hey what do you think?" Kris asked him exited.
" That was a great game hyung!, may I leave now?" Yixing said kind of smiling at him.
" Just wait a second I'll come back soon and I’ll take you home" Kris told him.
"No, hyung don't worry I can go by myself really" Yixing begged him to let him go.
" okay then I guess you may leave" Kris conceded.
"Thank you hyung, great game, you are awesome" Yixing jumped out of his place and bowed Kris before running away, Kris looked at him and slightly laughed at the way he reacted.

 

---------


Yixing ran as fast as he could to his house, it was past five p.m and he was sure that his father was already there waiting for him completely mad.
Yixing arrived at the front of his house it took him some seconds to catch his breath before getting in slowly and quiet but it was useless because his father was waiting for him on the kitchen with his arms crossed over his chest and his back to Yixing.
"I'm sorry father I am late I’m preparing the dinner within seconds" Yixing apologized in Chinese and quickly approached to the fridge to take some food, but another hand closed the door in front of him.
"Why are you late?! You should have been here cooking before I came back from job, how many times should I explain you, that's your responsibility" his father shout making Yixing cower.
"I am so sorry father it wasn't my intention, it won't happen again" Yixing said still looking down.
"Is this a game for you? How could act like this? Your mother has passed away a month ago and you are acting like a stupid kid doing whatever you please, you don't even care she’s dead!" Those word punched Yixing really deep inside of him and couldn't handle it anymore and started crying.
"You think I don't care dad? The pain is killing me every day, I know you have been suffering because you lost your wife but I lost my mother! Even though I had to continue with my life because you couldn't, I had to mature because you became into a ing mess!!" Yixing cried and had to receive a slap on his right cheek, he held his wounded cheek to try to appease the pain then looked at his father surprised and angry at the same time, he has never raised a hand against him before but this time Yixing deserved it for raising his voice, he was again looking at the floor he felt guilty for yelling at his father and cried even harder. 
His father also felt guilty at seeing his son crying that way he couldn't handle it he lost the control because Yixing was right everything he said was true, he felt so sorry and hugged him caressing his head comforting him.
"I' m so sorry son, I didn't meant to hurt you, I'm not angry with you I’m angry with me, you are right you don't deserve to be threaten like this I just wanted to protect you but I don't know how to do it alone and I failed, I failed you as your father, I'm sorry" Mr. Zhang apologized without stop hugging Yixing who was still crying against his chest, he also started crying 'how couldn't he noticed the pain Yixing was coming through?' "We were supposed to handle this together but I leave you alone" Yixing was still crying but not for pain but for happiness his father has already understood his pain now he even felt thankful with Kris in some way.

 

 


A/N: I am inspired that's why I have been updating the chapters so soon, but tomorrow is Monday again and I'll have to go to school and maybe I won't be able to update so soon during the week but I promise I'll try my best, for now just enjoy it and again comment and let me know if I'm doing good or not, or if you have any question .

Thank you. ^..^