The Past of Taecyeon

Our Little Moments As A Family

Taecyeon's POV:

I was lying in bed next to Junho who had already fallen asleep a couple of hours ago after our intimate shower together. But I couldn't sleep at all. My thoughts kept spinning around one thing, the orphanage. I didn't know why but the whole time I have already been lying here, I kept thinking about my past.

I remember every little thing from the bed rooms to the stuffed animal through to Wooyoung's crying. I remember how I was sitting in my room or rather the big room I was sharing with 20 other kids and heard Woo's crying from somewhere. I didn't know where he was but I knew that the crying belonged to my little brother who obviously needed me. He was lonely and scared.....just like me.

Flashback:

I was sitting on my 'new' bed. Around me were children who played tag or read a book. Nobody noticed me or wanted to notice me. Since the child care worker has been gone I was all by 'myself'. The room where my bed was standing was really big just like a hall and there were nothing except an unusually big amount of bunk beds.

I started to cry quietly as I took the photo out of my bag. It was a photo of my parents.....who died half a week ago. The child care worker told me so. Today was my 'house-moving-day'. I moved in......in to the orphanage. Yes, today I became officially an orphan. Just my brother and I......but at the moment, it was just me. 

I have asked the woman where my little brother was, but she didn't give me an answer at all and just smiled at me. I actually begged her to tell me where he was, because I had heard his crying when we walked along the corridor, but she kept ignoring me and just pulled me forward to my new room. It felt like a bad nightmare to me, losing my parents and now my brother. I was all by myself and that made me cry even harder, but still nobody noticed.


 

The day after my 'house-moving' was terrible as well. I woke up after less than two hours of sleep, because it was really noisy sleeping in a room with 20 other kids. Some snored the whole night while some other children munched in their sleep. But that wasn't the main reason for my sleepless night. It had been the fact that me and my brother were still separated. He was the only family member who was left after our parents had gotten in an accident which killed them. He was just one year old and now he needed a caring older brother who was there for him so he wouldn't notice the absence of mommy and daddy. But I wasn't there for him....

At the breakfast I kept asking the women where my brother was, but they were mute about it.

I had tried again after lunch, but they didn't say a word.

After dinner, they had just said that Wooyoung has already fallen asleep and so should I.


 

I didn't get an answer the whole next week. It was a terrible nightmare. Nobody talked to me about what happened to my brother or what exactly happened to my parents. I didn't know if there would be a funeral or something like that....but I guessed they wouldn't let me go.

After the second week in the orphanage, they had said I could meet my brother now. I had breakfast and then an middle aged woman came for me to bring me to Wooyoung. She had her hair tied together very strict and her face looked just like her bun, strict and emotionless. Maybe it was the work that made her be like that? But doesn't she have to be kind and caring?

We walked through a long corridor to a room where baby crying was coming from. "The last bed on the right next to the window." The woman said kind of unfriendly and rude. She opened the door with a key she got out of her pocket and pushed me forward. I went in, followed by the woman.

It was a big room, not as big as mine but big enough to fit in at least 10 cribs. I looked in one of the cribs and saw a little baby boy dressed completely in blue. His eyes looked excitedly at me when he had spotted me. He reached out for me while happily giggling. I smiled back and waved at him, but before I could do anything else, the woman had already dragged me further to the last crib near the window, Woo's crib.

She dragged me right to the loudest crying in the room,.....my brother's crying.

As I had come closer, I could see some bush of hair. Wooyoung had lifted up himself and was now standing at the crib's grid. Big tears rolled down his red cheeks.

"Wooyoung." I whispered happily and took a last step so I was standing right in front of him. He had stopped crying when he heard my voice and looked at me. I smiled even brighter and reached out my arms to lift him up. He immediately clung onto me. We enjoyed our reunion to the fullest. It felt so good to see and hold my brother after this bitter time of crying and being alone. The last week, it was so hard for me to keep going, because I just wanted to drove in my own tears. Nobody was there for me. No one who put his arms around me and embraced me kindly. I missed our parents really bad and I still did but my brother gave me the strength and hope that we could do it. We would go through this hard times even though nobody was there to support us. We still had each other. Like our parents had said before, Brothers are there to go through thick and thin.


 

After my reunion with Wooyoung since our parents' death, I was allowed to visit him more often. Three times a week, still not that much but at least I was able to see him. He needed me and I needed him. We gave each other strength when ever we could meet up. Those 20 minutes were the only time I felt kind of happy and lively, because the life in the orphanage was really no picnic. Everyone was cold and emotionless to us and we were treated like a piece of sh*t.....at least it felt like that.

I have found myself a kind of friend I shared my feelings with but after he had gotten adopted by a married couple whom couldn't have children, I was alone all over again. And so I kept living on. Most of the time I was just sitting in our so called 'Play And Be Happy'- room where the younger kids could play with some old teddy bears and toys which were already overused and broken. I was sitting there and learning for school because I had been enrolled in school after four months of already being in the orphanage. I really loved school because it was the only place where the people didn't treat me like I was nothing.

I am now in the second grade. Time has passed by and I was already eight years old. Wooyoung also wasn't the baby anymore he had been as we became orphans. He was now three years old. He was still not allowed to sleep in the room I was sleeping in but I was now able to see him when ever I wanted to. We often went to the 'Play And Be Happy'- room because there was where we met up. He was playing while I was doing my homework and afterwards we cuddled or played together.


 

It was a normal day as always, I was doing homework while Wooyoung was kicking a small ball through the whole room, as a woman who worked in the orphanage and a young man I had never seen before entered the room. The other children looked curiously at the new face but I just gave him a brief look and then turned my attention back to my homework. I heard them talking about the orphanage and I wondered what the young man wanted. He was definitely to young to adopt a child. Who would adopt a child when he was only in his early twenties? So, maybe he was a collegian who had to write his term paper?

"Hi." The young man spoke to me with a soft voice. The woman has already been gone and now he was the only tall person in the little room with all the other children. I didn't look up to him and just said also 'Hello' to him. I didn't want to become some sort of term paper. And I didn't want to be a subject of an experiment.

"Are you doing your homework?" He asked and kneeled down besides me. His gaze was now on the little paper in front of me with the headline 'My favourite things' which was supposed to become my korean homework. I didn't know what to write yet so it was still empty.

I nodded lightly and kept looking at the white piece of paper. Why was that man talking to me? Couldn't he just let me do my homework? Did he has to talk to me? 

"Want me to help you?" He asked with a lovely voice. And it made me insecure how to answer or act. I haven't heard such a warm and kindly voice since my parents are gone. Since then I have been only scold or was being told to shut up, not really lovely. But this man's voice was it, lovely and kindly just like my parents' voices. So I just nodded again as a request to help me.

The man laughed quietly and came a bit closer to me so he was actually touching my shoulder with his own. I had looked up to him when I felt his warm shoulder next to mine and got a just as warm as his shoulder smile in return. 

"Okay, so what's your favourite toy you play with?" He asked while looking into my eyes. The first time for actually two years that my eyes have met such caring eyes. I didn't know but some thing deep inside of me told me that this man wasn't some student who just used me as his term paper. He was sincerely interested in me as a person. He was the first person who was really listening to me after two years of being ignored. And I just enjoyed the time he was talking to me and helped me with my homework.


 

After that day, the man had come every day to the orphanage to visit me for two or three hours. Even on the weekends!

He didn't just help me with my homework, he also came to play with me or to just talk to me. Some times he even read from a book for me or brought me new toys to play with. And every day he visited me he had that warm and kindly smile on his lips which made me feel comfortable and secure. He was really nice to me and treated me like I was important......but I was not. He was just a young man who wanted to do a good deed, but I accepted it. The fact that nobody wanted me....I had accepted it long time ago.


 

It was a rainy Thursday, I had come back from school and already had lunch when I was waiting for Junsu, the young guy with the caring smile. Today's homework was math. I needed Junsu to help me because lately math lessons have gotten really difficult for me, but Junsu could always explain it to me so that I was able to understand it.

He was late today. It was already 4pm and he hasn't come yet. We have known each other already for three months now and normally he would come around 2pm and 3pm everyday. And if I say everyday then I mean it just like that. He never missed one of our 'meeting', or whatever you wanted to call our not arranged time we learned or played together. Not a single time in this three months did he missed to see me.

The last three months were the best months in my whole life as an orphan. Junsu was some kind of family substitute, because he cared about me and embraced me when ever I needed a hug. He supported me in my doing and encouraged me when ever I was down because of school, the orphanage or other kids bullying me.

But....why wasn't he coming today? Did he forget about me? Did I do anything wrong yesterday? Or maybe he's tired of helping me with my homework? I shouldn't have asked him to help me everytime he had visited me. I messed up everything............seemed like I was alone all over again. Or rather we were alone all over again.

Just Woo and me, like it has been the past two years.


 

The next two days I also waited for Junsu to visit me again but he didn't come. Neither on Friday nor on Saturday. The whole time I was sitting in the Play-Room while Wooyoung wanted to play with me but I didn't move an inch. Maybe I was thinking if I were starving myself to death that Junsu will come and save me. How stupid can you get? As if Junsu will come just because I'm suffering. He didn't even care anymore, I guess....


 

"Taecyeon?"

I was sitting on my bed while reading a book. Today was Sunday and I quitted waiting for Junsu to come. He won't come and I accepted it.

"Taecyeonnie?"

I had closed the book when I heard my name. I wondered who was calling my name at a time like this. It wasn't even lunch time.

I sat up and looked to the still closed door to my room. Who could it be? A child care worker? But I didn't do anything wrong, did I? Then....why are they calling for me? Did they want to punish me? But I didn't do anything wro-

"Taec, please tell me where you are. I think I got lost." And then a little laugh. A giggle I recognized....but that...that couldn't be, could it?!

"Taecyeon-ah? I know you're in one of this thousands rooms, so please help me to find you." The voice.....it really sounded like his. L-Like....Junsu's voice.

"Taec? Can you hear me? It's me Junsu, remember?" Another laugh which carried me along so I also giggled a bit while the first tear left the corner of my eye.

I slowly got up from my bed and walked towards the big oak door. I went around a circle of children playing with marbles on the floor and opened the door a tiny crack.

"Taecyeonnie? I really got lost." A little laugh but a desperate one. He looked around himself just seeing big oak doors looking all the same. He really looked like he got lost and I felt pity for him.

I opened the door so much that I could went through it. Junsu hasn't spotted me yet, so I sneaked up behind him to put my arms around his waist to surprise him, but before I even had been able to stretch out my arms, Junsu had already held me in his embrace. He put his long arms around my small body and hold me tight. I snuggled myself into Junsu's warm body which I missed so bad. I really missed him and his caring nature.

And because I finally knew that Junsu didn't leave me I started to cry really hard. "I-I couldn't do my math ho-homework be-because you weren't there to h-help me! I-I hate you!" I cried out loud into Junsu's shoulder. All the feelings which bottled up in me the last three days kept rushing out of me. My sobbing echoed through the whole corridor while Junsu apologized to me and hold me even tighter. He my back while he explained why he didn't come to the orphanage the last three days. He said that he has had a very bad flu and couldn't come to visit me because the orphanage child care worker didn't let him and sent him back home. And I just didn't know why I was crying because actually I thought I accepted the fact that I was abandoned once again. When my friend was adopted I hadn't cried. I just accepted it and didn't care about it any longer.  But I guess this time I did care and to be true I was so entirely happy that Junsu proved that he's a person who actually cared about me and who I could really trust. Junsu didn't leave me and he has never thought of leaving me behind.  


 

I stopped crying after he had finished his explanation of what happened the last three days. I forgave him for not coming and making me feel abandoned and in return for my tears he embraced me even tighter while silently whispering comforting words to me.

"Taecyeonnie, I won't let you ever be alone by yourself again." His lovely voice came into my ear and made me feel secure.

"I love you just like my own child. You are the most important person in my life. Keep that in mind, will you?" I nodded slightly, my face snuggling into Junsu's shoulder. He giggled lightly while my back.

"Taecyeonnie?"

"Hm?" I asked still clinging onto Junsu.

"I know I'm still very young and maybe a bit inexperienced when it comes to kids but...," I heard how Junsu took a deep breath and paused for a second, then he continued. "But would you like to live with me?"

My eyes had become big and round when Junsu made me the offer to live with him. Did he mean to adopt me? Did he really want to live with me? To take care for my whole life not just for the time he's visiting me?

"I mean....i-if you live with me, I'll be able to help you with your homework even though I'm ill and....you will never feel yourself abandoned again..." Junsu had lightly pushed me away to look at me while he nervously tried to make me say yes, but I have already decided. Yes, I wanted to live with Junsu. I wanted him to become my adoptive Appa.

But...

"But what about Wooyoung?" I asked. My insecure eyes looked at him. I was hoping that he won't change his mind when he knew about my little brother, because Junsu has never met Woo as my brother but as just another child in the play room. Back then I just didn't want to tell him about my little brother and how we ended up in an orphanage, so I introduced him as a kid I sometimes play with.

"Wooyoung? The little three years old boy with the innocent and cute smile?"

I nodded.

"What about him?"

"I can't leave him behind." I said looking kind of desperated and guilty because I haven't thought of him immediately after Junsu's offer to live with him. The look on my face made Junsu only giggling. He had often giggled before when I was desperated because of my homework. 'You're so cute when you don't know how to solve the math problem. You know that?' He would have said to me while he my hair affectionately.

"Because he's your friend, right?" He asked while actually my hair and looking in my eyes with a kind smile formed on his lips.

"No, because...he's actually.....my brother." I mumbled looking at my fingers because I didn't want to see Junsu's horrified or startled face. I mean, he maybe wanted to adopt a child but never two of them. Two kids are a way too much, I guess. But I won't leave Wooyoung behind. He's my little brother, my little cute everything I care so much for. Never would I have leave him behind. Never....even if it will mean to seperate from Junsu.

I kept looking at my fingers. Junsu hasn't said a thing yet. I just felt his thumb brushing away a tear which made its way down my cheek. I didn't want to seperate, neither from Wooyoung nor from Junsu.

"You know," Junsu finally started a sentence but paused to brush away another tear. But the short pause actually made me feel more tensed and close to more tears. "There are actually two rooms which are pretty empty and I've got no use for, so..." I immediately looked up to Junsu and he had a big lovely smile on his face. I looked questioning at him and he simply nodded. Happiness came over me and before Junsu could have said something I had already hugged him tightly with my arms around his large body.


 

A month later we were finally able to move into Junsu's house with all our stuff and official as Junsu's sons Kim Taecyeon and Kim Wooyoung. I was so happy and so was Wooyoung to finally have a home again. My room was really big and I had not to share it with 20 other kids. It was my room. For me alone....and sometimes also for Wooyoung who shared a bed with me when he needed it because now he was allowed to sleep in the same room and bed with me. There weren't any rules about it and I was so happy about it. I have already missed my brother so much.

Sometimes both of us also slept in Junsu's large bed because we cuddled too long and fell asleep. Junsu had nothing against it. He really loved us and we loved him. We were just like a blended family which had found the meaning of happiness again.


 

Junsu's house was really big for a young man like him. H told me he worked as a photographer and was pretty famous so he earned enough money to afford himself such a big house, but he felt really lonely in such a big house. I asked him why he bought the house then and he said to adopt two beautiful children like us. He told me that he always wanted to adopt a child when he was older.  

And so day by day I learned more about Junsu. Not only that he worked as a photographer and loved children but also about his past. He talked about how he also ended up as an orphan and about his life back then. How his life had turned to the better when he ran away from the orphanage and how he got to the life he now had.

 

~


 

Junsu did take good care of me and my little brother and still does. We had a great childhood after all, thanks to Junsu who was like a real Appa or Umma to us. Just because Junsu was such a lovely person I could make something out of myself. And now I was happy with a family and a boyfriend who was lying next to me, breathing silently while clinging onto me.

I turned my head to Junho and lightly brushed a strand of hair out of his face. He looked like an angel. So beautiful and carefree when he was sleeping.

I put my right arm around Junho and snuggled under the blanket. Junho's body was warm and comforting. Whenever I thought about me past I had needed Junho to come down and relax myself again. And as I relaxed again I slowly fell asleep with my beloved boyfriend in my arms.

Thank You, Junsu, for all what You have done for me.

 

 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

\(^-^)/ Finally another update, YEAHI!! :DD

It's so exhausting T.T But I will keep continuing *^* :DD

Hope you liked the chapter :33

See Ya ;)

xD