Runaway

Cinderella's Revenge

Annyeonghaseyo, yeoreobun?

This is my inspiration for writing a fic about a nerdy Hyunnie. Isn't he adorable?

 

*************

Jaejoong smiled mysteriously at his aunt while at the dining table. 

"Oppa, it feels good to see you here," Bo Young said.

"But of course, if it is for nae Sultry Honey, I will be here... However, Oppa will find time when not busy," Jaejoong said.

Hye Ri cleared . She did not like it much that Jaejoong was calling her daughter some kind of pet names, like the two had some secret relationship. Being called "Sultry Honey" might be okey if coming from other guys, but Jaejoong?

"By the way, Jageun Eomma, I have a stipulation," Jaejoong said.

"Mwoya?" Hye Ri asked dryly while slicing her steak.

"I will buy Lee Jong Hyun," he said.

The other two looked at him in shock. What did Jaejoong mean by that?

"He is no longer Bo Young-ah's tutor, and I paid for his services to play the piano, geureohcho?" Jaejoong told them.

"Ah geurae, geurae, you can," Hye Ri said dryly again. "I don't have another useless mouth to feed."

And Jaejoong grabbed something from his wallet...at the dining table! 

"Yeogiyo," he told her.

Hye Ri took the cheque and saw that it was the debt plus the interest that Jong Hyun's parents owed her.

"You mean, you will buy him and pay his debts?????" Hye Ri asked in disgust.

"Majayo," Jaejoong said with his mysterious smile. "I will pay for his debts, and in return, I am buying him from you."

Hye Ri fumed. She had wanted the land for herself to put up a business there.

"Since I paid the debt, Jageun Eomma, it means that you have to return the land," he told her.

Hye Ri fumed. Because Jaejoong basically bought his way out, she had to return the land title to the Lee family.

"Eomma, do you think we have too much land already?" Bo Young finally spoke up. "I am your only daughter, and what good will it do me? I cannot manage everything, you know?"

"Bo Young-ah, I will live up to a thousand years just to make the land usable, so don't worry," Hye Ri said. 

"Pfff... I am glad that you bought that geek, Oppa," Bo Young told Jaejoong. "He's an eyesore."

"Eyesore? But he's my eye candy! Ahahahaha," Jaejoong said while laughing.

While the three were eating, Jong Hyun was at the piano, playing some songs from Eric Clapton. And underneath the piano, at the basement, Shin Hye was looking up and listening to the song. Tears were falling down her eyes again.

"I promise myself, I will get out of here, and when I do, I will wreck havoc to Kim Hye Ri's life," Shin Hye vowed as she held her fists tight.

Meanwhile, Hong Ki came in while bearing some hot soup. He placed the soup on the table near Hye Ri and Jaejoong, and he began serving them. Due to his clumsiness, while Hong Ki was scooping some soup, some of it fell on Hye Ri's arm--the arm with the fork lash.

"AYA!" Hye Ri screamed before slapping Hong Ki right on the face.

Hong Ki fell on the floor and whimpered, scalded by the soup too.

"Eomma!" Bo Young screamed for her mother before turning to Hong Ki. She was so angry that she got up and began kicking him.

"Geumanhae, Bo Young-ah!" Jaejoong roared as he told Bo Young to stop. Then, to his aunt, "Gwaenchanhayo?"

Hye Ri rolled up the sleeve of her blouse and looked at the bandage starting to bleed again.

"Wae geurae?" Jaejoong asked in horror as he saw the length of the gash.

"It was nothing," Hye Ri said, but her voice was shaking. "Just continue to eat. And Bo Young-ah, stop that already."

Bo Young stopped, and Hong Ki stood up to get back to the kitchen. 

"You Geek!" Bo Young called out to Jong Hyun. "Come here and serve us the soup."

"Ah, don't do that," Jaejoong said casually. "I will serve the ladies in the house, arasseo?"

Bo Young smiled, without noticing the smile on Jong Hyun's face. The geek was smiling because his hyung saved his life again. And so, the hot businessman began serving his family members.

****

Jong Hyun saw the gash on Hye Ri's hand and could not help but think that Shin Hye might have something to do with it, so he went to her downstairs that night. He saw her crouching, and when she saw him, she stood up, ran to him, and hugged him tight.

"Jong Hyun..."

As he touched her arm, he noticed wound marks again, and they went to the window.

"Mdm. Hye Ri did this to you again?" he asked.

And Shin Hye told him that she raked Hye Ri's skin with the fork after the madame insulted the poor girl's mother. And Jong Hyun's eyes suddenly saw a part of Shin Hye's writing on the wall.

Revenge (in Korean, using wrong Hangeul letters, like trying to spell the word wrong).

"Shin Hye-ya, what does that supposed to mean? You have no intention of killing Kim Hye Ri, do you?"

"I will exact my vengeance as I should, though I will not directly kill her," Shin Hye said, finally speaking out her plan. "I will find ways to get out of here, and let her die a slow and painful death, letting her taste her own brand of medicine."

"Shin Hye-ya... revenge is not the key..."

"Yes it is, Jong Hyun... You are just too kind!"

Jong Hyun was taken aback. 

"So... you despise me because I am too kind?" he asked her in hurt.

Shin Hye was not able to speak out.

"Shin Hye-ya... I too have my share of injustices because I am poor," Jong Hyun said. "Though to make up for my lack, I study hard and save. And for me, rising up to poverty and exacting revenge to the rich means studying hard and putting up a business. If the rich are making laws to their advantage, I will take advantage of their advantage, and turn my life around so my family will have a good life. Do you understand?"

Shin Hye was not able to say a thing. And she blushed when Jong Hyun held her hand...

"Shin Hye..." he whispered.

And she looked back at those burning eyes behind the glasses.

"Run away with me," he told her.

Shin Hye blushed again. Did Jong Hyun just told her to... what?

"Run away with me," he told her, begging her to.

And she nodded.

"Tomorrow at dawn, I'm going to smuggle you out of here, and we will go to my parents' house," he told her. "I will tell Jaejoong-hyung that I will still go to work for him."

"Jaejoong..." Shin Hye mumbled.

"Ne..."

And Jong Hyun leaned forward to give her a kiss on her forehead, and he instructed her to pack her things for the next day. He slipped back to his room, and packed his things, his money, and his guitar.

****

That dawn, at three-thirty, Jong Hyun woke up and bathed secretly, then went down the basement at four. He woke her up, and Shin Hye hastened in bathing for the escape.

At four-thirty, the two of them went out of the basement... when Hye Ri stood outside... and the lights near the room were lit.

"Just what is this????" she roared as she slapped Jong Hyun.

The nerd flew with his guitar and bag, and Hye Ri began to slap and kick Shin Hye.

"All this time, you have been visiting this bastard?" Hye Ri screamed at Jong Hyun.

The sweet Jong Hyun suddenly turned into a beast as he got up and swept his way to protect his friend.

"Mdm. Hye Ri has no right to call my friend a bastard!"

But Hye Ri slapped him again when...

"Shin Hye????" a male voice errupted.

The three of them looked to see Jaejoong looking shocked. Then, he strode angrily, fuming at his aunt.

"You lied to me," Jaejoong said. "YOU LIED TO ME!!!!"

And he grabbed his aunt away from Shin Hye and held the hand of the poor girl. Then, to Jong Hyun, he instructed.

"Run away with her," he told  her.

He was so angry that he was not able to hug Shin Hye, the girl that he had been looking for so long, and he turned his anger at his aunt, who was looking afraid. She was afraid, of course, because Jaejoong had always been a happy guy.

"You lied to me!" Jaejoong roared again as he swept all the luxurious things in the house.

"Geumanhae!!!" Hye Ri begged.

Jong Hyun woke up from his shock, pulled Shin Hye away, and ran out of the door with her. They left Jaejoong brewing up a storm and making Hye Ri's life like hell.

****

And so, without any intention to look back, Jong Hyun stole Bo Young's flats which she left at the doorsteps, and let Shin Hye wear them. And they ran as fast as they could. 

Out of hell and on to salvation.

Jong Hyun and Shin Hye ran all the way to the train station... while holding hands.

"We can make it, Shin Hye-ya," he told her. "Just trust me."

Shin Hye gasped because she had no exercise and energy, and she fainted along the way. Jong Hyun almost panicked and thought of bringing her to the hospital, so he carried her in his arms and ran as fast as he could.

 

~~~~