The Next Move

Cinderella's Revenge

The next day, Jaejoong shared to Jong Hyun and Shin Hye what had transpired the night before at the bar up to the time that he took the old doctor to his house. Jong Hyun and Shin Hye looked at each other in shock to find out that Kim Hye Ri killed her husband with the doctor's assistance.

"And she... she took advantage of my father's love for her... she took advantage of Park Jin Young's wealth..." Shin Hye fumed, her fists trembling. 

As she trembled, she absent-mindedly carved the table again with her revenge, and Jong Hyun noticed it.

"Hajima," he tenderly told her.

Shin Hye looked at her, then at the table. Though she carved the table with the blunt end of the fork, the surface was ripped off. And Jaejoong noticed it too.

"Shin Hye-ya..."

"Mianhae, Hyung," Jong Hyun said in behalf of Shin Hye. "I understand how she felt because I've seen her suffering in the basement, and thoughts of Kim Hye Ri makes her go angry."

Jaejoong looked at Shin Hye, who felt guilty for vandalizing the dinner table.

"Joesonghamnida, Oppa," she whispered gently.

"Gwaenchanha," Jaejoong told her. "Anyway, I will be mobilizing my forces to gather all the necessary evidences."

And turning to Jong Hyun.

"Lee Jung Shin did not tell me this, all right, but some tadpoles told me that Jennifer Hwang stole your assets," he told the manager.

"Ah...ne, Hyung," Jong Hyun replied. 

And told Jaejoong what he did to keep the money safe.

"I invested also on online business to gain other source of income," Shin Hye told her step-cousin.

"Good. Do that and I will take care of Kang Ki Bum," Jaejoong said.

Shin Hye had something in mind already, and that was to show Jennifer Hwang who's who.

****

It was another stockholders' meeting, and Jennifer Hwang came in the board room. However, the secretary of the general manager prevented her from entering the room.

"Why not? I am a stockholder!"

"Please, let us follow orders."

"Orders? What orders????" she snapped at the secretary.

The general manager entered the room and explained that Jennifer Hwang no longer held stocks in any of Jaejoong's company. In her anger, Jennifer threw a fit and shouted in the room, going all over the hall and flinging papers on top of the long desk. Just then, Shin Hye entered confidently and coolly inside the board room.

"Any problems, Jennifer Hwang-ssi? Why are you still here when you no longer have rights to the company?" Shin Hye taunted her.

Jennifer fumed as she stared at the lawyer.

"What do you know about this?"

"Know? Why! I bought all your assets," Shin Hye came back with. "Every single one of them."

Jennifer screamed at the top of her voice as the lawyer smirked at her. The ex-stockholder screamed until the general manager gathered security to lead Jennifer Hwang out of the building. She insisted with all her might, cursing Shin Hye.

"Well, I have heard those threats before, Kim Hye Ri," Shin Hye told her.

Jennifer froze. How did she know, and how dare she?

"Why! You kept on ing on me and Lee Jong Hyun," Shin Hye remarked. "And Park Bo Young died in prison, so who else but Kim Hye Ri could make my life miserable?"

"Why you, !" Jennifer shouted as security dragged her out.

Shin Hye smiled as she tried to keep her cool, but her hands trembled in severe anger. And that was what the general manager noticed.

****

Jennifer Hwang hastily went home after being thrown out by security, but as she got in her pad, four people came to her and told her to follow. She was in no mood to play jokes, but her eyes went all wide to see Jaejoong coming with the four men.

"I think you need to explain something to me, Jageun Eomma," he solemnly told her. "You and Kang Ki Bum."

Jennifer aka Hye Ri went pale when her name was associated with the doctor. Perhaps, what had Jaejoong found out?

****

The general manager called on Jong Hyun after Shin Hye hyperventilated inside the board room. The stockholders' meeting had to resume without them, and the general manager found it necessary to help her even if he would miss the meeting. Jong Hyun came running to the office of the general manager and saw his girlfriend seated by the couch, pale and sweating a lot.

"Shin Hye-ya..."

"Lee Jong Hyun-ssi," the general manager started before explaining what happened.

"Oh, I'm sorry I was late for the board meeting because something also came up with the president," Jong Hyun told him. 

"Algesseoyo..." the general manager replied solemnly.

Something happened to the president? It might be serious, he thought.

Jong Hyun sat beside his girlfriend and held her hand. 

"Shin Hye-ya..."

Shin Hye began to sob and sob as she spilled all her heartaches and bitterness towards Kim Hye Ri, the first time that the general manager heard. No wonder the lawyer was so bitter and so persistent in knowing the law: that was to gain vengeance for herself. As her hot tears fell, Jong Hyun silently wrapped himself around her and hugged her. Shin Hye was crying hard though she had her first part of her revenge: she gained some of Hye Ri's money.

"Gwaenchanha," he whispered tenderly.

"Should I give you two a moment? And perhaps, water for Park-byeon?" the general manager asked.

"Ne. Juseyo," Jong Hyun requested.

The general manager left the two and came back with a glass and a pitcher filled with water. He filled the glass with it and handed it to Shin Hye, who took it and gulped all contents.

"Lee Jong Hyun-ssi, I think it would be best for you to stay with her, and let me update you both with the details of the meeting," the general manager said.

"Gamsahamnida," Jong Hyun replied.

The general manager left the two and shut the door of his own office. As Shin Hye sniffled, she placed the glass on the table in front of her and sighed before crying again. It had been years, and the pain had been bottled up. No wonder she cried this much.

"Shin Hye-ya..." he whispered before kissing her temple.

Then, he sang their song as he embraced her and cradled her. Shin Hye felt a bit of comfort hearing his melodic voice, smelling his manly scent, feeling his warmth, hearing the beat of  his heart, and being cradled.

 

Do you know the story of you and me
That is shining in this world?
Unchangingly always by my side
Your heart is making me shine
 
 

Shin Hye closed her eyes and buried her face to his chest.

"Gomawo," she whispered.

Jong Hyun's heart ached to see his girlfriend in severe pain that he wished he could do something to remove it. If only it were that easy to just pluck the pain out like it were a rose thorn.

"Sweetheart, uljima," he whispered as kissed her temple again.

For the duration of the meeting in the next room, Shin Hye slept through and found comfort in Jong Hyun's chest, while Jong Hyun found comfort being her shoulder to cry on. And the two of them closed their eyes to soothe their souls of the ordeal.

And let Jaejoong deal with the other intricate stuff.

 

~~~~