Jaejoong Finds Out

Cinderella's Revenge

Inside the President's Office.

Jaejoong contemplated what Jong Hyun told him about Jennifer Hwang. He did take it seriously because it might cost him and his loved ones a lot if he did not heed. He had the first detective dismissed because the latter hasn't even solved the search for Shin Hye, so how could he be trusted to spy on Hwang?

Hence, he hired a young detective who was said to be at the top of her class.

"Hmmm... If that were true, then I should start to mobilize some of my money," he thought.

He went online and started doing his business. Instead of removing all of his stocks from the company, he took away thirty percent and invested it elsewhere. He also removed some of his savings from the bank and started to invest on government equities. The other money that he had, he took it elsewhere to grow, as long as Jennifer Hwang can't have her hands on them.

"Let's see," he fumed.

****

"Sajangnim, I found where Jennifer Hwang resides," the detective told Jaejoong while giving her report.

Jaejoong scanned over the files and saw that Jennifer was residing in a posh unit in Gangnam. Too odd for someone who used to own her own house, but he thought Hwang was playing it safe.

"She also seems to be in connections with a not-so-popular plastic surgeon," the detective said.

"Plastic surgeon?" he asked. He had a hunch that it was Kim Hye Ri's friend doctor whom he had seen so often in the past.

"Ne. Kang Ki Bum-seonsaengnim," the detective said.

Jaejoong was not a habitue in Kim Hye Ri's house in the past, but he was really familiar with Kang Ki Bum. In fact, he knew the doctor.

"Arasseoyo," Jaejoong told the detective. And beckoning something from his table. "Want some candy?"

The detective shook her head modestly. Sure, Jaejoong was still handsome despite being past thirty-five, but the detective knew business.

"I insist," he said.

The detective grabbed a piece or two of the bonbon and thanked the president. Jaejoong, meanwhile, was studying the files while planning his next steps ahead. He thought that Jennifer might also try to sabotage his company and grab all of them for herself. 

****

In fact, Jaejoong knew where the plastic surgeon's clinic was. It was still the same clinic for years, and it had improved. Though he was not popular, he had a lot of rich clients. The secretary did not know Jaejoong, so she treated him the same as the other patients. However, when the doctor saw Jaejoong, his eyes went wide in fear, though he did not show it.

But Jaejoong could read through people, and it was his specialty. And he smiled.

"Annyeonghaseyo, Seonsaengnim? Oraenmanineyo," he greeted the doctor.

"Ah, ne, oraenmanineyo, Kim-sajangnim," the doctor said uncomfortably. "Ah, anjuseyo."

Jaejoong sat on the client's chair as instructed, and while the secretary prepared coffee, the doctor began to ask Jaejoong.

"Ah, well, I guess we hadn't hung around for ages, and we really did not get to know each other so well because I was young back then," Jaejoong lied. "How about some wine for Happy Hour?"

"Ah, that would be nice, Sajangnim," the doctor said. He knew that Jaejoong had his own aunt imprisoned, and he was the only friend that Hye Ri had. He was the one helping Hye Ri in the past, aside from her lawyer, though during trials, it was the lawyer that Jaejoong saw most often.

The doctor did not know what Jaejoong was thinking, but he was thirsting for some whisky. But should he trust Jaejoong?

"Don't be too tense around me, Seonsaengnim," Jaejoong said smoothly. "It was wrong of me to have my own aunt imprisoned. But past is past. I hope she lives a good life."

"Ne, she does, in Switzerland," the doctor lied. He found himself still uncomfortable around Jaejoong.

"Well, how about wine for Happy Hour?" Jaejoong asked. "I wanted to build relations with you because I know Jageun Eomma trusted you so much, and I know that your skills in the medical field are noteworthy, even though you are not as popular as your rival Cho Shin Dong-seonsaengnim."

The doctor's pride suddenly inflated. Jaejoong smiled as the doctor began to clear his throat and smile. It needed just flattery to work and get people to believe you.

"Time to play you like a yarn, Seonsaengnim," Jaejoong thought.

****

The doctor was too busy to even inform Jennifer Hwang that he had a happy hour moment with Jaejoong. The doctor was almost in his sixties, though, but he still wanted to enjoy some whisky every now and then. Jaejoong was already at the bar, mixing his own drinks.

"Annyeonghaseyo?" the younger man greeted the doctor.

The doctor sat on the stool next to him and ordered some drink. Jaejoong winked at the bartender and proceeded to talk smoothly with the doctor.

"Aish, my work is making me old, and I want to look good for my girlfriend," Jaejoong complained fakely.

"Ahahaha, so you think looking old is such a bad thing?" Kang Ki Bum asked.

"Hyuna is younger than me for, like, nine years!" Jaejoong said. "I want to look like I am only a year or two years older than her."

"That can be arranged," the doctor blabbled.

Jaejoong continued to lie and lie, and the doctor continued to talk and talk. When the doctor was severely drunk, Jaejoong paid for the drinks and began to drag the doctor out of the bar. He knew where the doctor lived. The doctor was a single man who lived in a poshy mansion. 

The servants did not know Jaejoong, and they thought of him as a younger boyfriend.

"Please do not think of it that way," he explained as if to explain why he was there.

Good thing for him, the servants fell for his charms and assisted him in bringing the old doctor to his room. As he was about to go out, he thought about finding more about him and Hye Ri, so he continued recording the conversation with the drunk doctor. He had been doing it at the bar already.

"I'll be going now," Jaejoong thought, dismayed that he had no good leads.

"Kim Hye Ri killed Park Jin Young!" the doctor began to blabble.

"Mworaguyo?" Jaejoong asked.

"Ne, and I assisted her," the doctor blabbled.

"In wine, there is truth," Jaejoong fumed.

He continued to interrogate the doctor, and the doctor foolishly blabbled on before going into sleep. Jaejoong thought he dug another secret about his aunt, so it was up to him to gather documents about his uncle's death. Why did Kim Hye Ri kill his uncle Jin Young, and how did the doctor help Kim Hye Ri?

"Hmmm... I gotta do what I have to do," he thought.

And he left.

****

Meanwhile, Shin Hye was bothered because her step-cousin still had not returned. She had herself busy with her online shop, and Jong Hyun was asleep due to migraine.

"Oppa, eodi??" she thought.

She tried to call him, but he was out of reach. And she started to worry about Jaejoong.

"Oppa????"

Good thing, Jaejoong came home at the right time. Shin Hye went out of her room and went to her step-cousin.

"Oppa!"

Jaejoong smiled as he .

"Wae? Did nae Pretty Girl miss Oppa?"

"Ne..." she replied.

"Oppa was just busy with business, so no worries," he told her.

Shin Hye did not believe him. Jaejoong was fond of lying, and she knew something was up. But because Jaejoong had the habit of keeping things to himself, Shin Hye took his word for it.

"I wonder what Oppa is up to..."

 

~~~~