Cinderella Finds Peace

Cinderella's Revenge

Jong Hyun and Shin Hye took two weeks' worth of vacation to Japan to cool themselves off from the pressures coming from the cases. They went to mountainous regions to feel the freshness of the air and to enjoy Mother Nature at its best.

That night, the two of them were star-gazing again while lying on the grasses. Shin Hye silently and discreetly reached out to hold Jong Hyun's hand, and she felt comfort by his warmth.

"I'm glad that you went with me through all these, Hyunnie," she whispered.

Jong Hyun turned his face to her and blew a soft wind on her face, and she closed her eyes to cherish the soft warmth on her cheeks.

"You're may angel," she whispered before scooting closer to him.

The two of them watched the stars silently, and counted shooting stars that passed by. And Jong Hyun began humming their song.

"You did not bring your guitar," Shin Hye told him.

"Ne... I left it at the rest house," he replied sheepishly. "But my voice will suffice, will it not?"

The two of them got up to sit, and Jong Hyun stared into Shin Hye's beautiful eyes as he held her hand.

"Nae Shin Hye-ya is so pretty...uhm..beautiful," he whispered.

Shin Hye blushed because his boy-next-door charms never left him. And with the silence of the night, Jong Hyun's melancholic voice floated as he sang their song.

 

Listen to my story
I saw a falling star
And I made a wish upon the tiny spark, then
My heart belongs to you forever, forever more
I hope my wish can be heard to the sky…
 
Do you know the story of you and me
That is shining in this world?
Unchangingly always by my side
Your heart is making me shine
 
Hey, look at the night sky
Do you know why that glitters?
Our minds become a star with one accord
Glitter in the night sky. And like your mind, baby.
And it is shining somewhere tonight
 
Do you know the story of you and me
That is shining in this world?
Unchangingly always by my side
Your heart is making me shine
 
I hope that this feeling
Can continue shining on forever
Yes, I hope that your and my feelings
Will surely become a single star
I sing a song with all my heart, my heart...
 
Do you know the story of you and me
That is shining in this world?
Unchangingly always by my side
Your heart is making me shine
I wish I could see a starlit night
With you all the time… with you forever...

 

After the song, Shin Hye leaned forward and gave Jong Hyun a soft kiss on his cheek, and he reciprocated by giving a soft peck on her forehead. And after their kisses, the two of them lay back down among the grasses and continued to watch the stars.

Shin Hye's thoughts floated back to the time of her misery up to the time of her victory. Jaejoong was there, and most importantly, Jong Hyun was there.

Jong Hyun, too, thought of the years gone by. His kindness, he believed, changed Shin Hye, and he continued to show kindness to her enough to break her walls and make her trust him.

Both of them were in the dark, Cinderella and her prince, but both of them found each other, found strength in each other, and grew up together. Theirs was a love that was not really at first sight. Theirs was a love that bloomed after friendship.

And theirs was a love tested through trials and sorrow. With them being together, they rose victoriously.

And Cinderella was able to get out of the fetters of pain, thanks to the prince who saved her, a prince who gave her a sword to help her set herself free.

 

~~~~END~~~~

 

Yeoreobun, thank you so so much for reading this fic. I'm sorry if this was a bit short and wanting, but I hope I made my story clear. Thank you so much for reading.

Up next will not be a YongShin fic, but a Kang Min Hyuk fic. Stay tuned!

 

~~~~