Karma Comes

Cinderella's Revenge

Kang-seonsaengnim and Hye Ri were placed behind bars for the charges against them. Jaejoong made sure that all evidences linked to his uncle Jin Young's death were more than just sufficient, enough for the two to receive their sentences. And Shin Hye also appealed that the case that Jaejoong filed on her behalf against Hye Ri years ago be reopened. Hye Ri was fuming because Shin Hye was on the upper side of the balance.

"This is no justice!" she screamed.

"Yes, this is," Shin Hye solemnly replied before turning away.

And thus, Shin Hye watched every proceeding to see how justice would be dispensed. Though Hye Ri's and Kang-seonsaengnim's respective lawyers did their best to defend their clients according to the rule of law, Jaejoong's lawyers were fiercer and smarter... And more wicked too. Although Shin Hye was showing a very firm side of her during court hearings regarding Jin Young's death, she could not help but cry in silence outside the court room. But she would smirk an air of triumph everytime Hye Ri looked at her with contempt.

And with regards to the case about Hye Ri locking up Shin Hye in her youth, more evidences came up, and more testimony from Jong Hyun were derived during deposition. The evidences were too strong that though Hye Ri could deny them, there was no use. She was guilty as hell.

After a year of hearing for the two cases, Hye Ri was put back behind bars again with the capital punishment as her sentence, and Kang-seosaengnim also received a just and long sentence without bail for being an accomplice to the crime. Hye Ri was shouting at Shin Hye inside the court halls, but the presiding judge pounded his gavel angrily and ordered the security personnel to guard Hye Ri mightily.

Jaejoong hugged Shin Hye and let her cry on his chest when the ordeal was done.

"Gwaenchanha, Shin Hye-ya," he crooned.

Shin Hye shed her tears nonstop, feeling that her revenge had finally taken effect. As for Jong Hyun, he was shedding tears too for their victory. He was glad that Shin Hye took heed of his advice and let justice take its course rather than taking the law into her own hands.

 

 

~~~~