Hye Ri's Revenge

Cinderella's Revenge

Jong Hyun started to work for Jaejoong after school and on Saturdays at the restaurant, while Shin Hye studied under the Ajumma everyday except on weekends. And everyday after work, Jong Hyun and Shin Hye would study together. Since Jong Hyun was in second grade in high school, he was shocked to learn that Shin Hye, who had stopped attending middle school before her imprisonment, was now elevated to the second grade high school. She was home schooled, and with some connections and underground movements from Jaejoong, Shin Hye's grades were made credible. And of course, it was credible.

"Wow, Shin Hye-ya, can we be classmates already? Ahahha," Jong Hyun mused as he arranged his glasses.

"Shin Hye is really an intelligent girl," Ajumma replied proudly, getting nods from Halmeoni and Harabeoji.

"She might even take up college earlier than you do," Halmeoni said.

"I... I...," Shin Hye shyly replied before looking at Jong Hyun. Why did it suddenly seemed so hard to look at him? "I want to attend college the same year as he does."

"Not bad," Ajumma mused. "Ohhh, you youngsters look so good together. Maybe if the two of you will get married, your kids will be as beautiful as Shin Hye, and as handsome as Jong Hyun."

"M..married?" Jong Hyun stammered as he got pale. He did not know what to expect on the first night.

"Ahahah, do not be alarmed," Ajumma joked. "Anyhow, both of you will attend college together if you want to."

*****

Jaejoong was calculating numbers in the balance sheet while Jong Hyun was studying on the same table with him in the dining room.

"Jong Hyun-ah, how do you find the job?" Jaejoong asked.

"Johayo," Jong Hyun remarked. "I enjoyed being at the counter and taking charge of the money."

"How about serving the customers?" the businessman asked.

"Intimidating, at first," Hyunnie said. "Most especially when my classmates are my customers."

Jaejoong smiled in spite of himself. He knew Hyunnie was disdained in school for his looks though he had the brains. In the restaurant, his co-workers, however, liked him for being diligent and punctual. Even his manager liked Jong Hyun a lot for being polite and positive despite the busy ambiance.

"You seem to have the knack for business, I see," Jae said. "You should do well in school and be manager in my company."

"Company, Hyung?" Jong Hyun asked.

"Hoesa isseo (I have a company)," Jaejoong said. "I have three aside from the three restaurants and the two coffee shops that I own. And I also will be partner with another coffee shop of which I am a patron."

Min Hyuk's coffee shop, that is.

"Daebak~~ Hyung!" Jong Hyun gaped. "I really have no idea that Hyung is so... rich!"

"I'm finding a suitable girlfriend right now so that I can hand my businesses over to my kids once I grow old," Jaejoong said. "Meanwhile, I will be training you and Shin Hye for my business, though I have to train her late."

"Hyung..."

The corporate thing was getting too much for Jong Hyun, and he felt he really was not worthy.

"Oppa?" Shin Hye called out as she approached the two. "Oppa, Ajumma said I needed some art papers for English tomorrow. And I don't have any."

Jaejoong looked at the time. It was already nine at night, and maybe the bookstores have closed. Nevertheless, he was willing to provide even if he had to fly to the United States to buy colored paper.

"I have some," Hyunnie offered even if he knew he'd be lacking some for tomorrow.

The two of them left the dining room, with Jaejoong looking at the two with amusement. Then, his thoughts went serious.

"Pretty Girl, grow up already and go to college," he thought. "And if you want to gain some revenge, I'll give you one."

****

Shin Hye took the CSAT and passed with an astounding grade that all the other students from elite schools had no idea where she was schooled. Jong Hyun got a high mark too, and it made him the object of bullying again in school. 

However, during his graduation, Jaejoong and Shin Hye attended, and instead of bullying Jong Hyun, the girls flocked around Jaejoong after the ceremony. Jong Hyun sighed in relief because he could slip out in peace.

Jaejoong, meanwhile, was continually training the two on how to manage his restaurant (of which JH was employee), and Shin Hye was starting to be exposed to the people. At first, she was shy, but with her family's prodding, Ajumma's support, and the old couple's wisdom, she was able to make it. The manager liked Shin Hye because she was steadfast and no-nonsense in dealing with irate customers.

"I have to rise, I have to get revenge," she thought. "I will not do it Jong Hyun's way. I'll do it as wickedly as it gets. Just you wait, Kim Hye Ri!"

Jong Hyun took up a business course while Shin Hye took up a course where she can proceed to law afterwards. Meanwhile, during their college days, the girls who used to despise Jong Hyun were astounded that he attended college looking... hot.

For Jaejoong gave him a major makeover, though the shy guy maintained his boy-next-door demeanor and appeal. And everytime the girls would flirt with him, Shin Hye would interfere and take her best friend away.

"Wae? Is he even your namchin?" a ty girl asked.

"Anio," Shin Hye replied curtly. "But he once told me you and your girls made fun of him in high school."

The girls shifted uneasily. So Jong Hyun shared to her about... them?

"Ah... geuge... that was because Oppa wasn't cool before... and.."

"So you'd like to be with him coz he's cool now?" was Shin Hye's irate response.

The girls looked at her uneasily before walking away in shame.

"Gomawo, Shin Hye-ya," Jong Hyun said to her.

Shin Hye nodded. Her feelings for him grew yet she still could not confess to him. All she could do for him was to reciprocate his kindness.

****

At the same time, Jaejoong was training them about the stock market, and he trained them so heavily that Shin Hye and Jong Hyun began buying stocks with their savings. Some of the savings that they had went to mutual funds to reduce the risk. Jaejoong was proud of them, and he thought that if Shin Hye should rise from the fall, she should earn lots of money from investments aside from her salary at the restaurant.

"Should she be a lawyer, nae Pretty Girl can earn lots too," he thought. "She should do it now that Jageun Eomma is in jail."

*****

Years rolled by...

Hye Ri, who was rotting in jail, bribed her attorney to get her out even if she had to bail lots. After all, she was rich. She had to really get out to go after Shin Hye. But she had to go after Jaejoong as well.

Bo Young, meanwhile, had died in prison because of pneumonia, and it added to the many reasons why Hye Ri had to go out. She had to rise again and take over the management of one of Jaejoong's company, of which she was also part of the board. 

Good thing for Jaejoong, that company was just a small one, and Hye Ri had to climb lots of Mt. Everest just to get her hands on all the companies. Hye Ri secretly flew to Europe for a plastic surgery so that she can gain her revenge unnoticed. 

Jaejoong knew about the bail thing, and despite his efforts to stop the attorney, Hye Ri was able to get away with it. And the doctor who operated on her was the same one whom she conspired with to kill Jin Young.

****

"This is not good," Jaejoong fumed when he learned that Hye Ri had bribed her way. "Aniya..."

He remembered that his aunt had acquired stocks from his company as well as from different companies. Shin Hye should do the same. If not, he can help his step-cousin buy all of his aunt's stocks.

"Hurry up and be rich, Shin Hye-ya..." he thought. "Your stocks in the stock market aren't good enough for my standards. I can't wait for you to be a lawyer for you to gain your revenge."

For Shin Hye was just in her second year in law school, while Jong Hyun was taking up postgraduate business courses. The two had beautiful earnings in the stock market and in their mutual funds, but Jaejoong was wanting to get them to gain more money faster than he had earned his.

"Hyunnie now has a nice house for his family, and Ha Yi is now in a good university," Jaejoong thought. "But time is running out. And Jageun Eomma might come back for them... or even for me."

And he wasn't wrong.

 

~~~~