Secret Plans

Cinderella's Revenge

"Jong Hyun-ah, I want to try investing in FNC's stocks, but do you have any idea how their stocks are doing?" Shin Hye asked the next day at lunch.

The lovers were at Starbucks, drinking coffee though it was lunch time. Neither of them was hungry, for they were anxious at the thought of Kim Hye Ri wrecking havoc under another persona.

"Let me do that for you," Hyunnie offered.

"Never mind," Shin Hye said. "I'll try my hand on selling stuff online. I hope it works."

Jong Hyun reached out from across his table and held her hand. Shin Hye looked at their hands, then at his twinkling eyes. He had sad features, but his eyes were so burning they were telling her things.

"I know you can," he told her tenderly. "Remember, you had gone this far already. I, though, don't want you to use illegal means just to attain your revenge."

Shin Hye nodded.

"Look at you now, Shin Hye-ya," Jong Hyun told her. "You are a lawyer, you are an agent of the judiciary system. Won't it be ironic if you resort to crime just to gain an edge over Kim Hye RI? All might come crashing down, and you worked so hard to be here."

Now, Shin Hye saw through Jong Hyun's point. She never understood why Jong Hyun was too kindhearted and would resort to fair means to get justice. Now that she's a lawyer, she should walk the path of justice.

"Arasseo... and thank you..." she whispered to him.

****

"Hmhmhmhm...." Hye Ri laughed as the doctor looked at her pensively. "Now that I have access to the company, I will soon get the company that Jaejoong owned. And soon--- I will get those of Shin Hye and Jong Hyun!"

The doctor laughed.

"Mdm. Hye Ri--er, Jennifer Hwang, don't you think it is too early? The two might even suspect why you are being so y at them."

"y my eye!" Hye Ri roared. "Of course I am always cruel. I have the right to be! After all the years that Jaejoong and those scumbags had done to me, they should pay!"

And she laughed again. And as she thought, the first thing she did was to buy out Jong Hyun's stocks.

****

"Hmmm, why had my stocks decreased by 30%?" Jong Hyun asked his secretary.

The secretary too, was sly at that, and he had means to obtain news.

"Sir, I had heard from some little bird that Jennifer Hwang bought out your stocks," said the secretary. "And even if that is supposed to be a secret, I had means to get the information."

Jong Hyun smiled at his secretary.

"Lee Jung Shin, I will forever be grateful that you are my secretary," Jong Hyun said.

The secretary smiled as he flipped his long hair.

"Well, Sir, if it is for your stocks and my stocks, I will always make sure that we have it safe and secure... And Miss Park Shin Hye's too."

Jong Hyun smiled back at his secretary before getting back to work. He was pensive as he digested what his secretary informed him. Kim Hye Ri bought out his stocks?

****

"Mwo?" Shin Hye asked over the phone. "How come?"

Jong Hyun explained. It was a good thing that he secretly stashed some of his investments to YG Entertainment, or else, Hye Ri might buy all of his shares.

"Jung Shin promised to keep your stocks safe. And right now, he is pulling out all of my and his investments and investing it elsewhere," Jong Hyun said. "I told him we will invest in some government equities."

"Hmmm... Please tell Jung Shin to had mine too," Shin Hye told him. "I don't care if I will no longer be at stockholders' meeting. I will stash my money away and secretly buy Kim Hye Ri's shares."

"I don't care too," Jong Hyun said. "That is why I am secretly trying my luck out of Hyung's company, because it is not safe investing here anymore. And, do what you will with your money. I trust you."

Shin Hye nodded. She wanted to try her hands on the online business that she will be doing.

****

"M...mwo?" Hye Ri asked, startled. "You mean... Jong Hyun's investment just... vanished?"

"Yes, Madame. And nobody knows how it happened," her informant said.

Hye Ri got pensive. 

"Well, investigate where his money went," she told the informant.

But it was too late, for nobody knew it was Lee Jung Shin pulling the strings to the disappearance of Jong Hyun's investments. 

"Buy Park Shin Hye's stocks, ppalli!"

"Her investments were pulled too," said the informant. "I tried to bribe the people who might have the knowledge, but they honestly did not know."

"Honestly did not know, or they wouldn't want to reveal?" Hye Ri asked angrily.

She cursed as she threw her phone. How come those two suddenly knew of her plan? The one thing she could do as of the moment was to buy Jaejoong's stocks instead.

****

Shin Hye was starting to work her way through her online business. She started making a catalogue to sell clothes, shoes, bags, fashion accessories, and other items, just like one site that she so adored. While she had her hands busy, she heard some strumming of the guitar from outside, so she went out the door of her room and saw Jong Hyun kneeling while playing with the guitar.

"Hyunnie?" she asked.

Jong Hyun smiled as he began to sing their song (Starlit Night). She last heard it when she was still in her silent mode, and Jong Hyun had not sang it to her for ages. Now that he sang it, all the memories and her love for him resurfaced. All the reason for being here made her remember the song so well. And after the song, Jong Hyun stood up and asked her.

"Eottae?"

"Joha (nice)," she whispered.

Shin Hye leaned forward and gave Jong Hyun a soft kiss on his cheek before thanking him.

"I never had a best friend as caring as you are, and I am thankful you are with me," she told him.

Jong Hyun smiled as he put down the guitar. Then, he pulled her close and hugged her.

"Saranghae. Yeongwonhi saranghae," he whispered.

Shin Hye melted at his confession and hugged him back. They did not know that Jaejoong was watching them from the living room, smiling at their cuteness.

"Ha! I guess, nae Pretty Girl would marry first before I can marry my girlfriend," he mused.

 

~~~~~