Sorely Under-appreciated

His.

 

My mom left me, alone. But well, not alone. She left me with that guy. That Chen guy.

Pfft. Might as well be alone. I mean how could she just left her own precious, little daughter with a stranger?! I swear, he’s out to get me. He’s going to murder me. He’s going to chop my head and slaughter my tummy. Speaking of tummy, I’m hungry.


 

He thinks that he can just waltz into my part-time house and take the box of the sugary cereal my mum purchased for me and everything would be just peachy keen?

Well, peachy keen, it is not! Didn't he know that playing and solving the games and puzzles conveniently presented before me on the object that contained my meal is my morning ritual and without it, I am left thoroughly bored and restless? I don’t get to eat cereals everyday ok? So you shouldn’t blame it on me when I’m not the one at fault here.

Well, I lied. I have that cereals like everyday, but still, I usually buy that myself.

I mean, it's not everyday that my mum goes out of her way to purchase me such delicacies as a sugary cereal in the likeness of Lucky Charms (which actually have games on the back unlike that healthy she usually buys).

You see? my mum bought it for me. It’s different and it certainly is not everyday.

And here that Chen guy is; not even a regular member of this household and already hogging up the cereal box like he owns the place! I mean, the audacity of some people!

Calm down, Spencer.

Deep breath, inhale exhale.

Inhale

Exhale

Inhale

Exha-

Is he doing what I think he is doing? Really?

The nerve!

Are you done with that yet?" I demanded crossly. I didn't mean for the words to come out so hostile but my impatience was getting the best of me.

Chen guy peaked over the top of the cereal box in order to look me properly in the eyes. "Done with what?"

My eyes narrowed into slits. "Done with reading the back of the box, you dumb twit! You're not the only one that enjoys a good morning crossword puzzle or maze that leads to a pot of gold, you arsehole! I cannot function without my daily dose of ginger leprechaun!"

So what if my mum's boyfriend/shag-buddy thought that I was psychotic? It's not like he and my mum will last and I'll have to see him again once they enviably break up.

Chen guy and I continued to stare at one another; the look on his face was one of complete shock, confusion, and alarm. Yep, he definitely thought I was crazy.

Chen then, without breaking eye contact with me, flipped the cereal box around so the back cover was facing in my direction. Then, rather gingerly, he pushed the box forward with his index finger until the box was resting in front of me.

"Satisfied?" he asked carefully, most likely hoping not to set me off again.

"Very”

Yes motherer, I’m very much satisfied with that surprisingly smart decision of yours, human intelligence never ceases to amaze me.

Silence.

God, I hate this eating silence. Seriously, what else was I supposed to do with myself while I ate? There weren't many ceiling corners in the room to count and tallying the number of tiles on the floor would take too long. Due to this, I was left without anything to fixate on and this infuriated me.

All because of him.

him.

I swiftly relocated myself to the leather chair across the room. Shuddering in horror as I settled my bum into the seat, I was instantly consumed by its godly squishiness and it didn't take long for me to get comfy.

Okay, this is kinda awkward. No, stratch that: this is really awkward, you know, that kind of awkward that makes you want to tear your way through the local playground, the literally-run-yourself-into-the-ground kind of awkward.

It didn't take long for me to move my lazy glued off the fluffy couch after gulping down the entire bowl of soggy cereals.

Should I wait here till my mum’s home?

Or should I just go upstairs and lock myself up in my room till dinner?

Hmmmm. The first doesn’t sound too bad at all. Except for ‘waiting for mum’ part, because she’s on a trip. A two weeks worth of trip.

Well, here I come, room.


 

I’m bored.

I think that this is the worst part of having no friends. You know, the whole no one to talk to thing. Because sitting here with nothing better to do than stare out the window with my stomach gurgling is not exactly my idea of fun.

I'm hungry. Seriously. I didn't eat lunch this morning because I thought I would be eating on dinner. I mean, I thought the Chen guy would have gone home for dinner or something. But he didn’t.

As I said earlier, I missed lunch, and now my arm is looking very tasty.

I was using that as a figure of speech. I wouldn't actually eat my arm. I'm not into self-mutilation, nor am I into cannibalism. I was merely trying to show you how hungry I am by pointing out that I would eat myself to stop my hunger.

I think I was better off looking out the window.

Whoa! I think I just saw something, or someone.

Are they…?

I watched as Chen interacted with some blurry guys before opening the door for them and inviting them into my house.

A group of shadowy guys just came into my house.

Well, that was… interesting.

Wait.

A group of shadowy guys just came into my house.

A group of shadowy guys that is Chen’s friends.

Chen’s friends came into my house.

My. House.

My. House.

As in a house that is mine. Well, not really mine, mum bought it with her salary. But still,

Chen invited his friends, to my house.

Does anyone, beside me, thinks that there’s just something wrong with this?

Whoa, whoa. Wait there Chen guy. You are not supposed to invite a guess (or guesses) into MY house. I’m the one who should invite them! I mean, it’s my house, right? So I should be the one to greet them! I should be the one who make it even more official. Did he not need my assistance in inviting his guesses?

him.  

I sometimes think that I am sorely under-appreciated.

 


 

Next chapter: LUHAN'S LONG-AWAITED FIRST APPEARANCE! YEYYY