Smile

His.

His eyes twinkled as he stared into my tomato-flushed face for 5 seconds before nodding at my request.

I smiled my crooked smile as a sign of appreciation. Because of course, I need to appreciate the fact that my very own kidnapper decided that he could trust me with the whole 'I need to pee' statement as a 'I really need to pee' and not 'I'm actually not going to pee at all, but I'm just gonna pretend that I really need to and make it looks convincing so that you could take me out of this no-window-and-probably-the-most-boring room I've ever been, and I could perhaps, maybe, fool you and run like crazy so that I could still- at the very least, eat cheesecake before I die in the hand of a highly-possible psychopath, who by the way- you sir, are gorgeous beyond humanly possible.'

A chuckle. “Cheesecake sounds great.”

Yep. Damn right it is. Because seriously, who would not want to have a cheesecake before you die? That’s like- not wanting to have a funeral after you die, which is ridiculous. Oh- and speaking of funeral, I should write a death will, I should probably ask my mom to use lilies instead of roses- roses are so overrated, and no black. Yep, I should have, like, a yellow-themed funeral. And a flower pattern yellow dress for-

Wait.

What.

Did. He. Just.

I’m pretty sure I’m gaping right now. Eyes as big as any saucers could be.

He cocked his head as he looked at my ridiculous face, lips curving up into an angel’s smile, cute little smile that makes my heart swoon at the sight.

“Is there something wrong?” He asked.

I gaped at him as if he were an alien.

“You.. I- Just, (gurgle sound)…”

Great. Now I just turned from ‘an awkward, slightly idiotic, words-vomit person’ to an ‘equally awkward, words-vomit, malfunction idiot’.

Wayyyy to impress a guy. Yay.

He chuckled. Oh God- I love his laugh. Wish I could just make it into my ringtone.

I wanna pee. Real bad, I think.

This is bad.

“Don’t worry. We are almost there.” He smiled reassuringly. 

HOW DID HE DO THAT? HOW COULD HE MAKES IT SEEM LIKE HE WAS ANSWERING TO MY MIND WHEN IN FACT HE WAS NOT?!

He wasn’t, right? He couldn’t have. I mean, not like he’s a vampire that sparks under the sun or something… right?

“Do you sparkle?”

“Cause, you know- vampires, they sparkle when under the sun. Yeah, so- I’m just wondering, like, do you sparkle or not? I mean, it’s okay if you sparkle, I don’t think you’re gay or something if you do, not that being gay is a bad thing, it’s just that it would be such a waste if you’re really gay. But if you are, it’s not like I’m opposed to that or anything, in fact- I think it’s great and awesome. Yeah. You’re awesome. Even more so if you sparkle, I think.”

“Not that I’m asking you to sparkle or something, yeah…” trailing off, I looked up into his eyes, waiting for his reaction or answer or anything. To tell you the truth- I was waiting for some twilight-like reaction, the ‘say-it-outloud-scene’ if you must know.

VAMPIRES EXIST, OKAY. SAME AS MERMAIDS.

...What? 95% of world's ocean is still left undiscovered, so you can't tell me that mermaids don't exist yet!

He looks highly amused at the end of my outburst. It was different though, a different kind of amusement. I suddenly felt like I was standing in front of a blazing fireplace, so close that it burns.

“Trust me, I’m not any one of those lowly creatures.”

Huh. 

He smiled again, that blinding smile, but this time, it was a different kind of stomach-flutter.

There was something.

Something about that smile, that reminds me of the smile that Luhan had in my dream.

Maybe it's just me. 

 


 

I know this chap is so short! and I'm sorry for thatttttttttt

And also, sorry for the super late updateee! ))):::: this story gonna takes extra time to finish or maybe, one super long time to complete! Hopefully you'll stay for the next chapters (please do! XD)

Spoiler alert (kinda): This chap marks the beginning of the dark romance ;)