TASK#4: BUNGEE?!

Playing with Destiny

continuation..

 

"You know, I was supposed to say individual rooms. What do you think I'll say 'one room'?" he said with that annoying smirk on his face.

 

 

"Of coarse not.."

 

"Stop denying it dork. It's obvious" Instead of replying, I mimicked what he said with a voice of a 3 year old whining little girl. Before he could do anything, I ran as fast as I could to my room and shut the door shut.

 

 

"WOAH~!" was the only thing that escaped from my mouth.

 

Oh my dear Lord! This place is in-humane! Is this really my room? Have I mistaken the room for royalty as my own room? This place is surely not for the middle class, average person like me! {SQUEEEEEEEEEEEEEEL} But this is my room! 

 

I ran around the giant room and gently touched every single item there is: the silky bed covers, the white as marble couch, the luxury lamp, the wide screen TV, heck, I even lied down on the gorgeous marble floor! This place is so luxurious! How much did they even pay for this? Millions? My whole apartment cannot be up to par to this place. And I'm pretty sure that this lamp costs more than everything combined in my apartment.

 

 

I put my bag down and jumped on the big queen sized bed in the middle of the room. "Hmmm, sooooo soooofftt! Am I in heaven?" I purred as I roll around the bed, momentarily forgetting all the problems that I have.

 

 

And that momentary happiness was short lived.

 

 

Knock. Knock.

 

 

"Who is it?" I stride towards the door and opened it. Well, well, well, it's Kwon Jiyong.

 

 

"Let's go to the back. They're waiting for us." He lead the way and I just followed timidly behind.

 

 

He led me to this beautiful garden which also served as the backyard. I awed at the sight. This place is perfectly put together. For which I guess, is the landscape designer's work. Props to him. This place is magnificent.

 

 

In the middle of this big, beautiful garden is a group of people talking, laughing and goofing around. They're catching up I guess. It only downed to me then, that I'm meeting this group of people. I will be judged in a matter of seconds. And what's worse is that I'm meeting them as Jiyong's girl friend! OH .

 

It's now or never.

 

 

 

No backing out.

 

 



 

 

There really is no backing out. Both of them stride towards the group of people with Taeyeon a little bit at the back. "She's not hiding, no, she's definitely not. It's for surprise" That's what she said to herself, completely denying the fact that she's well.. hiding for dear life.

 

 

"Jiyong hyung!"

 

 

"Oppa!"

 

 

"Jiyong, wassup man?"

 

 

A bunch of people greeted Jiyong as he approached the group. They only greeted him since he's the only one visible and they're completely oblivious to the girl hiding behind his back.

 

 

"Annyeong! yo, hyung!" Jiyong moved from his spot and "man-hugged" his hyung leaving taeyeon visible on her spot. Everyone darted their attention to this girl who's timidly standing there giving them awkward smiles.

 

"Jiyong-ah, who's this?" Park bom, Seunghyun's girlfriend asked him.

 

 

"Ah, everyone! This is my girlfriend!" he said enthusiastically as he ran to her spot and gripped her shoulders tightly. Everyone nodded persuading him to further explain the situation.

 

 

"Annyeonghaseyo, Kim Taeyeon imnida" taeyeon took the opportunity to introduce herself to the crowd with a proper 90 degree bow. All cheered (well, most) and welcomed her to the family.

 

 

"Yah oppa! Wasn't she the girl I met last time? Didn't you tell me she was your maid?" Everyone was silenced with what Jessica said. They were all puzzled except for the two culprits.

 

 

"Ah.. uhh.." Jiyong broke out in cold sweat.

 

Taeyeon took it as a sign of alert. If no one would explain this situation then, all of this would go down the drain. She needed to think of an explanation and she needed one fast. "ha ha ha.. he was joking. Maid? psshhh.. no.." She said as fake, awkward and panicky as it sounds. "Yeah, I was joking. We were just playing around.." Jiyong followed her lead. The puzzled and intrigued looks on their faces subsided and they continued they're catching up session. 

 

 

"Noona! Noona! How'd you and Jiyong hyung meet?" Of coarse he already knew. This is just his way to torturing his hyung and clueless noona; Seungri style. He said Jiyong will pay right? And he's certainly making him pay right now.

 

 

"Yes Ji, how did you two meet?" Asked Chaerin, Seungri's sister.

 

 

Uhm, Taeyeon here can tell you the story. Babe, you tell them." If it wasn't for this situation right now, she would've blushed hard when he called her "babe". But, it's a different story. Instead, she was silently cursing him for directing the question to her. "Jiyong you ! How can you direct the question to me? Urgh!" she thought.

 

"I think you should tell them the story, babe" she added emphasis on the word "babe", trying to mock him.

 

 

"No, you"

 

 

"Nooooo, you"

 

 

"NO! YOU!"

 

 

"No you!"

 

 

And it continues....

 

 

"OK STOP THIS NON SENSE!" Seunghyun irritated voice echoed around the perimeter making both of them jolt in surprise.

 

 

"Just... {sigh}.. don't tell the story anymore" Seunghyun continued much to the pseudo-couple's joy and Seungri's dismay.

       

 

"Soooo" Youngbae tried to break the impending silence. "Let's eat!" Everyone cheered at the mention of food and one by one made their way to the dining area.

 

 


 

 

After dinner, Mrs. Jung who was at the far end of the large table, called for everyone's attention. After everyone directed their attention to her, she started to speak. "Everyone, please do wake up early in the morning tomorrow for we'll be doing some activities. And please do actively participate." with that, she ended her announcement, and left the table.

 

 

"Not again...."

 

 

"Omo, I'm so excited!!"

 

 

"This is surely gonna be better than last year. I heard there's bungee jumping!"

 

 

"Bungee?! WOW!"

 

 


TAEYEON'S POV:

 

I was walking around the mansion after dinner. I took in every single detail about this place; afraid that this would be the last time for me to visit such place.

 

 

"Ouch!" I squirmed as I bumped into something or.. someone. [a/n: so cliche]  I was too engrossed with my mini sight seeing that I fail to notice a person walking opposite my direction and that person was also preoccupied with something.

 

 

"Ow~ noona, look where your going, will you?" the person I bumped into was apparently Seungri; for he's the only one who calls me noona.

 

 

"Ah, mianhe" I replied shortly the, proceeded to my room.

 

"Noona, wait!"

 

 

"What?" I asked, slightly turning around to face him.

 

 

"Nothing. It' nothing." 

 

 

"Okay then." I said then, proceeded to my room. "Well, that was weird." I silently mumbled to myself.

 

 


[ the next day ]

 

 "TOOT TOOROOT TOOROOT!" A loud trumpet sound stirred me from my sleep. "What's this? Summer Camp all over again?"

 

 

 "TOOT TOOOROOT TOOROOT!" Ugh! what the hell? Who the freaking hell is playing the trumpet-- looks at watch beside table [5:30 am]-- this early in the morning. I went over to my room's window trying to search the source of that annoying sound. I peeped out and to my surprise, no one was there. "Where did that sound come from?" I went back to my bed and continued my sleep.

 

A couple of minutes later, loud knocks were heard from the door. "What is it this time?" I groggily mumbled as I made my way to the door. I opened the door. "What--" I was cut off from the raged Jiyong. "What what?! You skipped breakfast and we'll be going out in 5 minutes! By "we", I mean ALL of us! So get your sleepy ready!" He nagged as he let himself in my room.

 

 

"Okay, okay. Chillax will ya?" I hurriedly made my way to the bathroom before he could fire back. 

 

 

"YAAAHHHH!!" I heard him yell from outside which made me laugh.

 

 

"And... Mt. Jiyong errupted!"

 

 

A couple of minutes later, I came out of the bathroom fully clothed and ready to go. "And FYI we're going bungee jumping and you better jump too.." Jiyong said all of a sudden which made me jump in surprise. "He's still here?" i thought.

 

 

"I'm sorry but, No can do.." i replied as i put my shoes on. (ok, I lied. I'm not yet ready to go)

 

 

"But, you have too.. with me.." he said in a mischievous tone.

 

 

"And why is that?"

 

 

"Because I told you so.. and remember, you have to do everything I tell you to do." he said as he paced around the room. 

 

 

Crap. He got me there.

 

 

"And because.. ahjoomoni is expecting us to do so..." he smirked then, left the room.

 

 

Okay, that was weird.. but, on the side note, do I really have to go bungee? and with him?

 

 

 


 

 

     {breathe in}     {breathe out}

 

My breathing became labored as we headed on the next activity location. Everyone else was ahead of me and I was slowly trailing behind them with my camera, filming myself. "O-M-G! This family is energetic! I thought that I can handle all this activities very smoothly but, I take it back!  We just came from 6 different energy draining activities earlier and now, we're on our way to bungee jumping. Oh the HORROR! Are they serious? Bungee jumping?! I mean, it's not that I'm scared or anything but.. erm, I don't know.. I just don't have that much purpose to do it." I stopped my mini filming--slash-- excuse to rant as I realized the large gap between me and the energetic bunch. With my regained energy, I made my way to the group.

 

 

"Taeyeon-ah, will you bungee?" asked Park Bom (unnie? shall I call her that?) 

 

 

"I don't think so.. un-unnie" I stuttered; not really sure if she's fine if I'll call her unnie.

 

 

Sensing my discomfort she replied with a sly smile "It' okay, you can call me that" i nodded. "Why not?" she asked referring to her earlier question.

 

 

I shrugged "I don't know, I don't have a purpose.."

 

 

"Didn't you want to be a singer? i mean, Jiyong told me you want to be a singer.." I nodded my head pursuing her to continue her statement and show her point. "Make that your purpose then.." she said showing me a sincere smile.

 

 

"What'd you mean?" I asked her clueless.

 

"I mean..." she paused for a bit. "Are you scared of heights?" she asked completely out of the topic.

 

 

"I guess.. kinda.."

 

 

She looked at me and said " I mean.. it can make you stronger. If you're able to jump of that high above even though you fear of heights then, it just shows that you can achieve anything. It shows that you're not scared of anything and that you can over come all obstacles that comes in the way of your dreams just like the way you overcame your fear of heights." she said as I listened to her intently. "Trust me." I smiled at her showing her that she has my trust.

 

"I guess.. you're right unnie" I said.

 

 

"I am right" she chuckled and I chuckled along. 

 

 

"Oh, we're here already" she said as she ushered me inside the registration room where we register if we'll go bungee jumping.

 

 

"Oh so, babe you've decide to go bungee?" Jiyong suddenly appeared from nowhere and stood beside me.

 

 

I looked at him weirdly and replied "Yes.." I paused a bit "Park Bom unnie convinced me"

 

 

"Ah.." he replied and made a slight thumbs up sign and slyly showed it to Bom unnie who was standing behind me. "What? he guess I wouldn't notice?" I thought as an unconscious smirk formed in my mouth. "It was their plan all along"

 

 

"Sooo.. you two are gonna go bungee together right?" Bom unnie said all of a sudden.

 

 

"No"

 

 

"Yes"

 

 

We (me and Jiyong) looked at each other ready to erupt in an argument. "What do you mean 'Yes'?" i asked him incredulously. "I told you earlier right? and cause ahjoomoni is expecting for both of us to jump together" he replied emphasizing "both of us" Without realization, Bom unnie already left and she was already on her way to the top of where you bungee with Seunghyun (oppa?) "Why? Why does she want us both to do it?" I asked him in an annoyed tone.

 

 

"Be-cause, she wants the couples (he said with coupled by air quotation marks) to jump together. She said it was romantic." he replied as-a-matter-of-factly.

 

 

"But.. but.. but.... fine" I said reluctantly as I put my camera down beside our stuffs.

 

 

"OKAY WHO'S NEXT?" a staff announced. Because of our argument, we (I mean, me) didn't notice that Bom and Seunghyun were already done jumping. "Oh my God. Please don't say us! Please don't say us!" I chanted in a low tone.

 

 

Much to my dismay, Jiyong raised his hand and said "We're next!" and started dragging me with me. A couple of minutes passed and we reached the top. I shuddered as strong winds continue to sway along the area. I dare not look down but, my curiosity got to me. Slowly I bent myself forward on the railings and looked down below me and regret it soon afterwards. My knees turned jelly at the sight. {cringe/} "I can do this!" I assured myself.

 

 

"Annyeonghaseyo" we greeted as we came nearer to the ahjussi who was in charge. he greeted us back. "So, you two are couple bungee-ing or individual bungee-ing?" he asked.

 

 

"Ah, couple bungee-ing" said Jiyong.

 

 

"Okay, let's get you two geared up." said the ahjussi as he led us to a small room where we'll be gearing up.

 

 

After we we're all set, he led us to where we're going to jump and hooked us to the bungee cord. My knees trembled and so did my hands. I looked a Jiyong and he had that look of fear too. I guess I'm not alone.. I chuckled as I thought about something.

 

 

"Yah! why are you chuckling?" he asked me in a slight incredulous tone.

 

 

"..nothing" I shrugged.

 

 

"Ehem, please assume the hugging position." said the ahjussi and we both awkwardly complied.  We were both hugging --don't forget awkwardly-- each other's waists with my head on his chest.

 

 

"Yah.. tell me.. why were you chuckling?" he asked again but with a more amused tone.

 

 

"Uhm, it's just that I'm here now, with you, 300 feet above sea water and we're about to jump off. It's just that kind of "what the heck am i doing?" kind of moments." I replied.

 

 

"Well, that's an interesting thought." he replied slightly chuckling. I just smiled. I didn't bother to reply anymore.

 

 

"When I count to 3 and say jump, you two, jump! okay?" said the ahjussi. We nodded "yes" in reply.

 

 

"IN ONE...."

 

 

OH MY GOD. I can't believe I'm doing this!

 

 

"TWO.."

 

 

We both unconsciously tightened our grip on each other.

 

 

"THREE...."

 

 

For my singing career!!!!

 

 

"JUMP!"

 

 

"AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!"

 

 

And before I knew it, we were both  falling down from a 300 ft. ledge with just a rubber cord holding the both of us. Minutes later, the cord stopped bouncing. "Yah, that was amazing!" I said to him, still, we were both hanging upside down, hugging each other. "Yeah, I know.." he replied. "Btw, your shirt is slipping from your body" I slightly arched my head down to my body and looked at my exposed skin. OH MY GOD!

 

 

"OH MY GOD! I FORGOT TO TUCK IT IN!" I replied panicking.

 

Thank God that the small boat to get us came in time or else, I might've died in the cold and due to extreme embarrassment! The personnel safely unhooked us and led us to land. 

 

 


 

Author's Note:

HI!  

Sorry for updating very late and sorry for the crappy chapter. I rushed it and I'm just not in the mood to write right now. Laziness caught up to me. 

Uhm, so.. I hope you comment and tell me what you think about this crappy chapter.

Silent readers.. UN-LURK!

I need more love to keep me motivated!

& l Promise to make a better chapter next time!

 

XOXO,

day^^