Chapter Two

With You Came Doubt, Eventually Regret

Ji Yong is literally shoved out of his thoughts and into the wall.

“What is it you want? Are you happy now?"

 

            The words are said with so much rage and hatred but not from the man he expected, not the one who should hate him at this point. Ji Yong looks behind the man hoping to see, Jae, the one he really owes an apology too.

“Answer me!" the man yells catching Ji Yong's attention as well as the attention of those around. His grasp on Ji Yong's shirt tightens, “Did you think he would come running back to you? You and I both know that wouldn’t happen. Or are you trying to break us apart so that our band will fall apart too; Now that you’re a part of this ty band.”

 Ji Yong stares at the man his gaze unwavering and smirks. He knew that if by chance Jae did come with his boyfriend he would be confronted, he’s ready though and it really doesn’t worry him that the is bigger and stronger than him or that if he wanted to kill him he could. He got what he really wanted tonight; Jae found out who his boyfriend really is.

“He will not come back to me, I didn’t expect him to, but at least now he knows what an you really are And,” Ji Yong raised his hands to the man’s own shirt and stare at him with just as much anger and mockery, “ I’m not like you; I don’t break relationships or bands apart. You did this to yourself”

Ji Yong was met with a fist to his face. By the time he recuperated from the impact there was a bigger crowd. He raised his hand to his mouth, and his fingers turned red with blood. And Ji Yong looked up at the man and gave a laugh.  The laugh only infuriated the man more than his words already had.

“He won’t forgive you, you know that. He may hate me now but, you won't have him either. He deserves better anyways.” Ji Yong spat out.  The hatred he had managed to control over the year seething throughout him. The way the man could only use violence, humored him because it was pathetic. The man was pathetic, he lost and the only way he could patch up his pride was violence.

 

  Ji Yong fought back even if he knew he would lose. He was determined to do just as much damage to the man even if it wasn’t likely. Connecting a few punches to the man’s face when he actually had the chance.  He could barely make out Seungho and Young Bae pulling the man off of him before all hell broke loose. The crowd also joined in on the fight. They assumed that it was a band vs. band dispute and soon it was a mess of shoving and punches. Chairs were thrown and tables turned.  It was over in minutes when everyone was kicked out of the bar. Ji Yong himself was dragged out the back door by only god knows who.

 .....

 

“What the was that? Why were you fighting with the drummer of The Dark Angels?" Seungho asked as he placed a cold can of soda on his bruised cheek. They were out back of the bar almost everyone had left to the party. A few waited for the bar to reopen at the front in hopes of drinking their lives away.

“He called the band ty," Ji Yong shrugged in no way wanting him to know the real reason, "thanks for the help man," He added because he really was grateful. He wasn't even part of the band and Seungho was willing to step in (even if it made things worse).

 "No problem anything for a band mate," Seungho replied shrugging. Young Bae choked on the beer he had at hand.

 "I'm not part of the band, it was a 'one time' thing," Ji Yong replied ignoring his coughing friend and looking at Seung Ho. Even if he loved music; heck he enjoyed himself tonight more than he has in the last years, he wanted something different. He wanted to sign into a famous company and make money. He had already struggled with cash his whole life. Being in this band didn’t guarantee a good cash flow if any at all.

“wait, hold on a minute," Seungho looked genuinely taken aback and Ji Yong couldn't help but feel a bit guilty, “Didn’t you just say you defend our band? Why would you defend it if you don't want to be a part of it?"

“Yeah but that was in more of a fan way." Ji Yong said hoping the fan part would soothe things over.

“Bull, come on Kwon, I know you enjoyed tonight, just consider it. Once you're in you'll be like family. I know we sound pretty scary but we're alright. We stick together."

 "I'll think about it"

 "You do that, meanwhile come to practice." Seung ho said as he turned to leave.

“You’re not really going to consider it, are you?" Bae asked when Seungho was finally out of sight.

 “I don't know" Ji Yong had so much to think about.

 “I told you to think things over. I don't know if you're extremely lucky or extremely unlucky that Jae and his boyfriend were in the crowd. Let’s go home you look like ."

 

 "It's ok; I need a walk you go on without me."

             Minutes after wandering around for a while Ji Yong finds himself a few blocks from his university, it’s where he and Jae used to go to escape the never ending complications of life. There they would talk with their fingers intertwined and leaning against each other. Ji misses how Jae would hold him in a warm embrace leaning his chin on the crook of his neck. He curses himself because it’s chilly outside and he forgot to ask Seungri for his jacket back; now with his wondering mind, he feels even colder. He stands against the railing of a long but thin wooden bridge. It was made more for the view than to shorten the walking distance to the buildings across.  The view is beautiful especially now in the spring, when cherry blossoms from the surrounding trees fall into the small spring, Ji Yong is a er for views.

 “Some things never change"

 Ji Yong tenses at the voice, it's Jae.

 "I knew I'd find you here, I wanted to punch you but, you already look like ." Jae stood next to Ji Yong an arm’s length away not like they used to when they were dating. It’s as if Jae doesn’t want to be near him and Ji Yong resists the urge to pull him closer and intertwine their fingers. He wants forgiveness but he knows Jae too well to hope for too much.

 "I'm sorry"

 “For what? For your face or for ruining my relationship."

 

 Ji Yong didn't need to be hit, that comment alone was enough, "I- I didn't ruin anything, you had to know he was cheating. I held it in for as long as I could, it's unfair to you. If anyone ruined that relationship it was him for cheating."

 

 “Don't give me that bull Ji Yong,” Jae said and for the first time Ji Yong could hear the bitterness and anger in those words, "you knew I was going to be there, I don't know how but, you knew. It was your intention for us to break up." There was a long silence, "I would understand if you had thrown it my face, if you had been angry when we broke up but to do as you did.”

 

 “We’d just broken up Jae; it wasn’t like I didn’t know it was because of him, and then you brought him into our plans, into our band. Would you have believed me, if I had told you when you brought him to your basement and announced he was our drummer, you'd be lying if you said you'd believe me, heck I tried to tell you but you wouldn't listen to anything bad about him. I couldn’t just watch as the man swept you off your feet when it was all a lie. I honestly didn’t even know if you’d believe me now”

 “As to why I believed you; if there’s one thing I still know about you, it’s that you may change the genders in your songs or the genre but your songs don’t lie. And if he was cheating on me that’d have been my problem not yours. I should have found out but not like that… Jae turned to look into Ji’s eyes; soft brown locks were swept to the side by the wind. “We could have been friends you know. I tried to keep you as a friend because I loved you. I may not have been in love with you but I loved you. But you walked away days after I brought him to the basement you just left no explanation. It’s not like I was pushing you to the side, my dream was still the band, you included.

 “Do you think it was easy? I had no problem hurting inside for you, and letting you move on. But he wasn't a good guy; I couldn't do it, not when I knew he was cheating.”

 “It doesn't matter anymore, I Hate you Ji Yong I really do."

 Ji Yong knew he wasn't just saying it he meant it. He knew this was going to happen but it still hurt. It hurt a hell of a lot more than his face.

 “Just know that even with our band looking for a new drummer your band will not take over number one spot anywhere. We will still be the main event. Save your apologies and make sure that you’re ready. There isn't any kind of relationship between you and me anymore we are rivals and I hate you. I don’t really know what your plan was, if you wanted to hurt me or the band to fall apart but, I never knew you could be capable of hurting me like that.”

 

……………………………

‘Ji Yong, wake the up’, Ji Yong told himself in his head. The light was creeping through the curtains but Ji Yong still had no will to get up He had made a decision last night and he had to go through with it.  If he hadn’t spent the night wandering around the city pitying himself for his poor decisions this would be a lot easier, he would already be half way to his mother’s house.

“ you what?,” Young Bae questioned from across the living room even though Ji Yong was sure that  he explained everything clearly. Sometimes Young Bae could be endearing when he acted like Ji Yong's parent, and boy did Ji Yong need a parent. Ji Yong loved Bae for it but sometimes he could get carried away.

“I said in moving out of my mother’s house and quitting school. I’m going to focus everything on music.”

“I heard but, I’m not sure if you’re trying to pull my leg here.”

“I understand if you don’t want me here, I’ll just find somewhere else to stay,” Ji Yong replied even though he knew that he would be staying here. Bae was too nice to let him starve in the streets.”

“No, that’s not the point Ji Yong, you can’t just quit school. Think about it; you can’t just quit without having already signed into a company. There might come a …”

“So, can I live here or not,” Ji Yong quit listening half way into Bae’s speech.

“Did you even listen to what I said, never mind,” Bae ran his hand through his hair. All of a sudden he looked at Ji and smiled. Ji Yong didn’t like that, he knew that Bae could get these crazy ideas sometimes. “You can stay here, this is your home Ji Yong and you already have a room here. My parents love you just as much as they love me but on one condition.”

Ji Yong stared at young Bae for a while hoping he would give up on this so called condition, “never mind, see you around,” Ji Yong said and stood.

“Come on, at least hear me out,” Bae stood. Ji Yong sighed to let young Bae know he was listening.

“You can move in and focus on music but, you can’t quit school. Just listen; what if you don’t make it, at least you’d have school. Once you find a company you can quit and I won’t pester you but, until then just stay in school.

Ji Yong thought about it. He thought until his legs grew tired from standing around. He knew that Young Bae only wanted what was best for him. He himself knew that staying in school was smart but he wanted a job. “Fine but, what about paying my share,”

“Don’t worry about it Ji, you’ll pay up when you’re rich and famous.” Young Bae gave him the biggest smile he could manage.

Ji Yong's couldn’t help the grin that spread across his face; Young Bae was just as excited about this as he was; Even if it did sound kind of stupid, and like an unreachable dream.  He now knew that his best friend believed in him. Something that Ji Yong began to doubt after all the talk about a backup plan. He walked to the door and stood there for a while. He wanted to let Bae know how much he appreciated this, but he didn’t know how.

“Thanks Bae”

“No problem”

A/N: hello, i read your comments :) thanks for reading this story, i know it took a while to update i'm sorry. thanks again