Chapter Thirteen

With You Came Doubt, Eventually Regret

Ji Yong laughs. He laughs because Seung Hyun is telling the others that he'll drop him off at home. ji knows he’s drunk but, he also knows that Seung Hyun has never dropped him off and therefore, he knows that his leader has no idea where he lives. Seung ho seems to be arguing the same point but, when Seung Hyun turns to him and asks for approval Ji Yong nods in agreement. He agrees because he is also fairly certain that this is the first time the man has spoken to him since ji had his head between his legs. Just the memory stirs a heat in Ji Yongs lower abdomen that he had been ignoring for days. Ji Yong stumbles to his leader’s car and gets in letting his laughs die out while saying his slurred goodbyes to the others who are also heading home.

“This isn't home,” ji Yong says because that’s what comes to mind when he steps out of the car and looks up at the building before him.

“It's my home.” Seung Hyun says pulling him by the sleeve towards the building.

If Ji Yong wasn’t drunk he might have noted that of all the apartments Seung Hyun had taken him to this is definitely the most run down. He might have reveled on the fact that he was getting to see his leader’s real home after all. He might have had the chance to try to decipher the meaning of Seung Hyun bring him here. But, he is drunk, and right now, all ji Yong can think about is the last time he gave head to his leader. Even as he stumbles up the stairs with his hand across Seung Hyuns shoulders for support his mind is elsewhere. And when Seung Hyun lets him go to open the door to his apartment Ji lets his arms circle the man’s waist.


“I’m dead” those are the words that ji yong croaks out through his dry lips when he wakes. He decided this when he opened his eyes and the little light that filtered around a throw blanket nailed across a small window stabbed right through them and into his brain. He confirms it when he looks up and through his pulsing head and confusion he can see that the ceiling is a patchwork of water stains and peeling paint. The yellowing wall paper is peeling off exposing previous layers and even the bare wall. He decides he must be in hell reliving the worst times of his life. He can recall a similar setting before his father left them. The Peeling wall paper, stained ceilings and the darkness are all back from his personal nightmare. Except for the yelling. Unlike his past it's too quiet in this hell.

"It's called a hangover" Seung hyun steps in from the dark hallway with a glass of water. There is no door not even a curtain dividing the space.

"No, I'm dead or at least dying."
Ji Yong sits up and his head spins. His eyes are drawn to the oversized shirt he is wearing. Immediately his mind goes to the possibilities of what might have happened the night before; what he might have done. His leader seems to read the dread in his eyes because he proceeds to explain.

"I tried helping you drink some water last night but it didn't quite work out. I had to change you."

Ji yong thinks he can remember pieces of something like that going on," where am I ?"

Seung hyun pauses to look at ji Yong ," my place."

" oh ." There's an awkward silence that ji Yong breaks, "Weren't you supposed to take me to Youngbaes?" Ji yongs memory is shaky but he is certain he remembers that much."

"I couldn't, you kind of passed out on the way, couldn't get directions. I didn't think you would mind."

Ji Yong knows an excuse when he hears one and Seung hyun is most definitely giving him an excuse. He could have easily called Seung ho or someone for help. But, He accepts it.

" you should probably call your friend and tell him you're ok."Seung hyun says nodding towards the cell on the night stand. "You're welcome to grab a pair of pants," he points to his closet as he walks away."

Ji Yong immediately reaches for his cell expecting to see missed calls and messages from a very worried young bae. Instead he looks at his cell and he sees only one message from his friend:

-You do remember that you work today at the library, right?-

And ji Yong groans because the last thing he wants to do is work.

Ji runs his hands through the piles of clothes stacked in Seung hyuns tiny closet while calling in-sick. He makes a show of sounding ill which he doesn't have to put much effort into with his hangover. Especially when his head throbs each time the librarians voice comes through. His eyes catch something and his hand stops as he ends the conversation with the librarian.

He traces back to a shirt, more specifically his shirt. It's one of his favorites, more importantly, it's the shirt he was wearing the day he gave his leader a . He doesn't know why his leader would even consider taking it out of the trash bin. He thinks about putting it on but then the very fact that he tossed it stops him. The thought that maybe Seung hyun will return it personally just like ji Yong will return his jacket crosses his mind. Yet, ji Yong doesn't really want to let go of that jacket. The smart side of him says its security in case he messes up again and needs to see seung hyun. Another side of him loves having something that's Seung hyuns, loves waking up opening his closet and seeing it there.
He decides to ignore it and pretend he never saw it. And instead he grabs a pair of pants pulls them on and heads to the hall.
He finds Seung hyun sitting on a couch a small foldout table in front of him. There's two plates and ji Yong sits across one.

"I don't have a proper table" his leader says as he hands a fork to ji Yong

"This is good. I'm sorry about last night, I didn't realize I drank that much. I must have been a pain in the ."

"Yeah, you were."

But one look at those dimples and ji Yong knows he is joking or at least he hopes so.

Ji Yong takes a bit of his food and swallows waiting for the other speak.

"I was thinking about what you said last time."

Ji Yong doesn't need to ask when was last time because, just the thought of the last time they actually talked makes his stomach flip. He swallows and puts his fork down because he can't have his food come up, especially in front of Seung hyun, not while having this conversation.

"You said I am one of your best friends," he pauses as if thinking of how to continue, " and that you just wanted to make me feel better."

"I did," Ji Yong replies swallowing, “I still do,” the words fall out of ji yongs mouth before he can stop himself and the other man just looks at him in a way that has ji struggling to keep his head from spinning.
"Well, it worked, you were right. I guess, I wanted it too. I just…”
And in the time Ji has made sense of that bit of information Seung hyun has moved closer.


This time when their lips meet it isn’t ji yong who initiates it. it’s the man across from him the man who admitted he wanted what ji yong had done to him in that run down studio.
Ji yong breaks apart to breath because despite everything his head is spinning and he really doesn't want to get sick right now.
And then Seung hyun finishes his previous sentence as if Ji pushing him away has brought sense into him so that he can finish his previous thoughts.
"I just don't want this to get in the way of the band or our friendship."

And although he doesn't say it Ji Yong can see it in his eyes. He can see that he is thinking about his relationship with Daesung. His Is thinking about the moment when the band almost ended and the moment he lost someone he claims to have loved. Someone he claims to still love. And Ji Yongs gonna be sick.