Chapter Seven

With You Came Doubt, Eventually Regret

Ji Yong wakes up sore and with a heavy hand across his chest. He shoves it off. Ji Yong isn’t one for gentleness right now; his head is pounding and his hurts. Min Suk stirs himself awake. He feels across the bed for Ji Yong but, Ji Yong has already gotten up to scan the room for his clothes. He sit up stretching and stares as Ji Yong lifts a few of his garments off the floor “You don’t have to go right away you know.”

Ji Yong looks back and sighs. This is a problem now. Yes, they had great but, how is he going to make sure min Suk doesn’t out him? He was so stupid. Last night, he should have denied being gay and nothing would have happened between them or he could have at least pushed him away. But he wanted it and even if he was a bit drunk he would be lying to himself if he said he hadn’t. If he had he not slept with him they, maybe, could have been friends. If he wasn’t looking for a career in the music business they might have been more but, He isn’t as naive as when he was with Jae when he thought that they would make it big and keep their relationship under wraps.  Min Suk, he is someone he shouldn’t have slept with. He is someone who knows Ji Yong and his family and although Ji Yong thought he knew him, now in his right mind it had been a long time he had seen him.

“I’m going to make toast want some.” Min Suk says as he tosses the sheets off himself and stands.

“Can I shower?”  Ji Yong asks before Min Suk walks out of the room now in boxers. Maybe after showering he'll be able to talk with him and explain.

“Yup,” Min Suk answers as   he leans against the door frame and watches an unclothed Ji Yong walk around the room collecting the rest his clothes, “there’s a clean towel in the bathroom cabinet.”

The shower wasn’t much help in terms of planning the conversation but he is clean now. What if this guy wants a relationship? You don’t just sleep with an old acquaintance and expect nothing, at least that’s what Ji Yong thinks. In another time this might have been Ji Yong's dream but now Ji Yong can’t.  It would have to be his relationship or his dream and Ji Yong knows himself enough to know he will pick his dream.

“I served you some toast. You didn’t answer so I made you some anyways, sit”

Ji Yong sits unsure on how to start the conversation now that he is actually across from the man. There's an awkward silence before it's broken by min Suk again.

“Let me guess. You’re awkward because you think this is a mistake.”

Ji Yong opens his mouth slightly trying to respond to the man. Out of all the ways he planned this conversation to go this wasn’t it. Min Suk isn’t supposed to blatantly say what has been on Ji Yong's mind.

“It’s alright, I really enjoyed last night but I’m not about to force something on you,” he continues taking another bit of toast.

Ji Yong nods acknowledging everything as accurate, “I also want to ask you to keep this between us I can't have people finding out about my uality without me telling them myself when I’m ready. I can’t risk people knowing if I want to get anywhere in the music business too.”

“Of course, I would never put someone in that position. I know what it's like; if my father found out “ he looks from his toast to Ji,  “ but, still, I would  like to see you, I mean, performing if you don’t mind. I’m a fan of your band, and I really like you as a person Maybe we can be friends if we can’t be more?”

There is sincerity in his eyes and even if there wasn’t; No matter which way Ji looks at it is better to keep this man on his good side so he nods in agreement. They eat and chat a little about nothing in particular. It's hard to look at min Suk as a possible threat but you'd never know. He really likes the guy and had it not been for the fact that homouality doesn’t sit well for over half the nation he might have dated him.

Min Suk had offered to drive him home but Ji Yong decided to walk. He unlocks the door only to be met with a scene much like the one he just left. Young Bae usually doesn't bring girls home but when he does it meant he likes them. It’s a little past 12 in the afternoon so he hadn’t thought that young Bae’s guest would still be here. Ji Yong considers backtracking into the hall but, two pairs of eyes are already on him.

Young Bae greets him casually, “Hey man. Did you eat already?” he calls as he flips a pancake over. “This is Dona” he continues as he walks towards the girl.

“Yes, we met at the party, hi," Ji Yong greets.

“Hey, Young Bae mentioned a roommate, didn’t expect it to be you.” She smiles at him and Ji Yong smiles back unsure of what to do with himself. This was the exact situation he wanted to avoid.

“Yeah me and young Bae have been friends since high school so he let me live with him since we go to the same university.”

She laughs.

“Did I say something funny?” Ji Yong asks puzzled at what she could possibly be laughing at.

“No, it’s just that I can’t imagine what would happen if Ma Ri finds out you’re Bae’s roommate.” she pauses for a moment, “she’d probably beg for the address.”

Ji Yong considers begging her not to but, she is young Bae's friend and Ma Ri is her friend so he doesn’t. 

“I don’t think that’s a good idea Ji Yong has sworn off relationships,” Young Bae adds, “he says he’s focusing on music.”

“That’s too bad, she might have liked you, I think” she says but she and Ji Yong know that Ma Ri isn’t serious and wouldn’t have looked at him twice if not for the band.

“Does young Bae do music?” she asks directing her question at Ji Yong.

“Not right now but he should.” Ji Yong pauses to move towards the couch, “he has an incredible singing voice.” much of their time goes like that and although Young Bae is her preferred topic, Ji Yong enjoys her company.

~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`

For whatever reason the band canceled practice so Ji Yong took an extra day at the library. The day had been hectic because the librarian decided to rearrange the fiction section of the library. It would have been all right and he would have managed to deal with it if she hadn’t been breathing behind his back at every small mistake he made.

He was going home when Bae called and asked him to pick up a few things at the market; apparently he invited a few of their friends over. He scribbled them down on a scrap of paper which is now tearing at the creases he folded. It doesn't matter though since by the time he waits for the bus he already has everything memorized. The screech of the bus coming to a stop alerts him that it is time to get off. He tries not to seem annoyed as a girl bumps him on her way off.

The supermarket's big Ji Yong would have rather gone somewhere smaller but everything's cheaper here. He scans the aisles looking for what Young Bae wants; beer and junk food not for him though. God forbid young Bae ate any of that. The rest of the list consists of healthy ingredients to make a sandwich. It is in the produce aisles that he sees someone he is currently avoiding. Min Suk approaches him with a light frown on his face. Ji Yong wishes he could have acted like he didn’t see him but, dang, he looks good.

“Hey” Ji Yong nods back as he walks over to the lettuce. “You’ve been avoiding me haven’t you? I know-”

“Min Suk” Ji Yong interrupts with a warning tone as his eyes look around, “not here”

“Ok, come with me” Min Suk drags him to the aisle farthest from the front almost to the back room. “There’s no one here now so tell me why you have been avoiding me, you don’t even answer my texts anymore.”

“I’m sorry" Ji Yong replies "I’ve been busy.”

Min Suk shakes his head in disagreement, “I really like you Ji Yong I don’t understand why you won’t give me a chance” he leans closer to Ji Yong slightly hovering over him so that their lips are only a small gap apart. “I know you like me too.”

Ji Yong's heart skips a beat at the fact that Min Suk is attracted to him. Something he already knew by the amount of texts he’d been receiving but, it still makes him shiver in excitement.  He leans in too; the temptation is too great to ignore and, he honestly does like Min Suk.

But before he can bring his lips touch Min Suk’s, the sound of the backroom door closing causes Ji Yong to quickly push him away. Ji Yong meets the darkest eyes he's ever seen. The employee is the one to break their eye contact. He glances between the two and stops to look at Ji Yong a bit longer causing Ji to shift uncomfortably.  Luckily for Ji Yong he walks away towards the front as he adjusts his name tag. Ji Yong can only Hope he didn’t hear or see too much, but if that’s the case he'd be extremely lucky.

“Look min Suk, I’ve got to go I’ll talk to you later, ok. Today has been a long day and I don't think talking now is a good idea.” Min Suk nods in understanding and watches as Ji Yong walks away.

He moves quickly to leave as fast as possible. Unfortunately the shorter of the two lines open consists of the employee who might or might not have witnessed his interaction with Min Suk. He gets in that line. What could possibly happen besides leaving faster?

The casher looks him over once before his dark eyes meet his. He stares at him deeply as if trying to figure something out by looking into his eyes. Whatever he wants, Ji Yong isn’t giving it to him so he stares right back till the casher starts scanning his groceries.

Ji Yong has the cash and his ID in hand. All he has to do is give it to the casher and this awkwardness will be over.

“Your total is nineteen fifty-six”

 

 

A/N: sorry guys I've been procrastinating and i don't know how to write anymore