8

Starbucks

-Kai's POV-

I wandered aimlessly in downtown Seoul; alone and afraid. "Mommy! Mommy!" I cried out. No answer. I was trapped in a sea of people. Tears starting spilling from my eyes. I was scared.

My feet led themselves somewhere, as if they were directing me.

After walking for about 3 minutes, my feet automatically told me to stop. I looked up and widened my eyes.

There they were. My parents.

The car was upside down, and firefighters were putting out the fire. I knew they were dead, it was no use running up to them and shaking them as if they were magically going to come back to life.

My parents were supposed to pick me up from daycare, but they were an hour late, so I snuck out and tried to look for my parents.

Tears were already making their way down my soft cheeks, and I slowly walked toward the car. When I got about 5 metres away from the car, a police officer stopped me and I looked up at him.

"Sorry, kiddo. Can't go there, it's dangerous."

I held up a shakey finger towards the car. "Mommy and daddy.. are they.. gone?" The police officer's eyes were getting teary, and he bent down and wrapped his arms around my small body.

I sobbed as hard as I can, as I watched my parents being rolled into the-


I gasped as I shot up from my bed. Sweat was running down the side of my face. I quickly placed my hand over my beating heart. I clenched my sweaty shirt and started sobbing.

It was 2:38 am.

-D.O's POV-

It was 2:41 am.

I was fast asleep, dreaming about Teen Top's Ricky dressed up as a girl, dancing to Expectation by Girls' Day. Then, my phone started to ring.

Startled, I lazily opened one eye to see who was calling me. Kai. I was fully awake now.

I slid my finger across the screen to answer it, and held the phone up to my ear.

"Hello?" I could hear sobs on the other end.

"Kai? What's wrong?!" I could hear him breathing heavily through the phone. I started to panic.

"Are you in danger?!" It was silent for a while. "N-No.."

"Meet me in the park right now."

"Okay."

-

I arrived at the park. It was about 2:55 am. I was wearing an oversized sweater, but I was still freezing. I crossed my arms and sat down on a bench and waited for Kai.

-Kai's POV-

I scrambled out of bed and turned the light on. With tears still spilling out of my eyes, I grabbed the first pair of pants I could find and slipped them on. I didn't change my shirt because I was already wearing a sweater.

I grabbed my keys and my phone, turned the light off, and headed out the door.

-D.O'S POV-

5 minutes passed, so it was about 3 am right now. I was thinking about what could've been wrong with Kai, when I saw his figure in the corner of my eye. I turned my head and saw him running towards me. I stood up and ran towards him. When he got closer, he ran into me, hugging me. When I finally released him, I glanced at his face. His eyes were puffy and red, and I could clearly see the tear stains on his cheeks.

"Kai, what happened?!" Kai was struggling to speak, so I led him to a bench and sat him down so he could calm down a little.

-Kai's POV-

After I had calmed down, I was staring at the ground while D.O's arm was around my shoulder. It was silent for a while.

"Kai?" I sniffed and looked at him.

"Will you tell me what's wrong?"

I told him what had occured in my dream. I held back my tears as best as I could.

"Why do you have those dreams?" I stayed silent for a while.

"That's.. how my parents died. When I was 7."

D.O. pulled me into him, hugging me, letting me feel his warmth. I really needed it right now.

"I usually have those dreams when it's close to my parents' death anniversary."

"When is it?"

I thought for a while before saying, "Today. 12 years ago today, my parents died in a car crash."

 

-------

[A/N:]

HEY GUYS! I finally updated this fic -wipes sweat- Sorryyyofjerowopj I've been busy with school and my sprained ankle ;-; This chapter is kinda short, isn't it? I'll update later today since I stayed home from school for most of the week. -breathes heavily- Also, I think I'm going to end this fic at 10 chapters, okay? ;-;