Connections 22

Connections

Seunghyun sighed nervously as he checked himself in the mirror one last time. He was dressed simply in a white linen shirt and khaki pants. He kept fidgeting with his hair, tweaking his sideburns and his fringe, not quite satisfied with how he looked. Jiyong came into his room just then and smiled at his hyung. Seunghyun returned the smile as Jiyong took off his shades and tucked it into his blue Hawaiian shirt pocket.

"I never thought I'll see this day," Seunghyun laughed as he examined his friend from head to toe. "You actually wore this ugly shirt!" Jiyong pouted and stamped his foot childishly. "Ya Hyung! I only did because of you! But I've still got Swag..." Jiyong strutted confidently as more people tumbled into Seunghyun's room.

Youngbae was in the same blue Hawaiian shirt as Jiyong while Seungri and Daesung were dressed in red versions of it. All four had on white bermudas and looked pretty much like the boyband they were. "It's been a long time since we last all gathered at a resort like this, outside of work." Youngbae said quietly. "And it's for a good reason that we're here too!"

"Another one off the market..." Seungri sighed dramatically, to which Daesung laughed. "You should be happy! More options for us now that hyung is off the market!" Seungri sighed again. "I was referring to Karin noona..." Seunghyun and Jiyong both tried to smack him at the same time while Seungri hid behind Youngbae and Daesung.

It was soon time and the coordinator ushered the group down to the pavilion by the beach. This resort in Guam was well-known for its privacy and Seunghyun had chosen this place once Karin shared her wish to have a small ceremony by the beach. The pavilion was decorated tastefully with local flowers and white ribbons. Seunghyun's parents greeted him first with hugs and he allowed his mother to fuss over his hair one last time. He then bowed to his soon-to-be parents-in-law and chatted with them for a while. The hundred guests they had invited were slowly gathering at the beach, all dressed in their summer best. Besides close friends and immediate family members, the couple had not invited anyone else.

"That's why I said, the groom has it the worse on the wedding day itself," Yang sajangnim said as he patted Seunghyun's shoulder. He smiled as he accepted the bow from the younger man. "I'm proud of you but remember, if you upset Karin, I won't protect you from Jiyong!" By now, all the guests had arrived and Seunghyun also realized that Karin's mother was alone in her seat now. Her father must have gone off to fetch Karin from the nearby pavilion which was being used as a preparation room.

"Hyung, it's time," Daesung came to Seunghyun and the two men hurried to the front where the rest of the guys were already waiting. The MC announced for all the guests to be seated and right on cue, the music came on and Seunghyun saw Karin appear on the arms of her father. He gulped nervously as Karin raised her eyes to meet his and smiled.

She was in a white, flowy Grecian dress with a simple garland of flowers on her head. Her hair was gathered in a loose braid, so that the cool evening breeze will not mess it up. Seunghyun stifled a giggle as Karin stuck a foot out purposely to show that she was barefooted. The groomsmen saw too and chuckled.

The 30 seconds it took for Karin to reach him was the most agonizing time for Seunghyun. He hardly heard what Karin's father said as he handed his daughter to him. The couple never took their eyes off each other and only did after they turned to face the minister who was presiding over their wedding. As Seunghyun said his vows, he stared deep into Karin's eyes and in his eyes, she was the perfect girl that he could not believe he deserved such an honor. It was Karin's turn to say her vows and at that moment, it felt like there were only the two of them in the whole world.

"..and I now pronounce you, man and wife. You may kiss the bride." Karin smiled as Seunghyun did a victorious fist pump in the air and their guests cheered. He tilted her face up towards him and kissed her gently on her lips. Karin tried to break the kiss after a while but he kept a firm hold on her chin. Their friends were hooting and cheering so much that Karin thought she will go deaf.

When Seunghyun finally pulled away, he smiled at Karin sweetly. "My dear wife, can we just skip the dinner party and head to our bridal suite? I haven't seen it myself but I heard the guys say it's a really awesome place."

Karin grinner and poked his stomach. "Don't be rude! Our guests came all the way here and the dinner costs a bomb!" Seunghyun laughed as he swept her up his arms and carried her like a princess. Karin snuggled into his neck and hid her blushing face from the guests. "Alright, whatever my dear wife wants!"

Soo Yee who had been watching the happy couple through teary eyes suddenly heard a familiar voice beside her. "Soo Yee-sshi, it's their big day today but you've worked hard." She bowed to Yang Sajangnim and tried to clear her stuffy nose. "They'd better be grateful for all the work we did. We'll just let them enjoy themselves first. The press release will go out in exactly an hour. They can enjoy two more days of bliss before we prepare them for the press conference in Seoul five days from now."

Yang sajangnim smiled at her efficiency. "I wonder how these two idols' married life will turn out to be!"

 

 

THE END

 

Note from MadameA:

Thank you so much for reading and for following me on this first fan fiction. I will be starting on a new story pretty soon - still focused on the boys from Big Bang. Share with me your thoughts in the Comments and give me more inspiration, ok?   \(^-^)/