Impressing Kai, Rejected by Kris and...

What is Love?

Walking into the conference room, the shocking scene unfolded before you.

Super Junior's Siwon, Eunhyuk, Leeteuk, Ryeowook, and Donghae, f(x)'s Amber and Victoria, SNSD's Hyoyeon, Taeyeon and Tiffany, EXO's Suho, Chanyeol, D.O, Sehun and (OMG) Luhan, TVXQ's UKnow Yunho and Max Changmin and last but by no means least, SHINee's Onew, Key and Minho were sitting around the conference table. The 20 of them were chatting animatedly, without even turning to look at the 20 new accepted trainees.

Your eyes were only trained at one person.

The chat went on until the door behind opened, and Lee Soo-Man, the "big boss" of SM Ent walked in. Instantly, the entire room became deafeningly silent. Lee Soo-Man then addressed the 20 of us.

"You have been specially selected as one of our 20 trainees, and the training ahead of you is going to be a really tough and challenging one. Please step out of this room if you think yourself as incapable of handling tough training sessions, intense weight loss, or agonizing pain after trainings."

No one took even a breath, not to mention a step out.

"Gentlemen, ladies," he addressed the 20 singers at the table, "Please head to your new trainee."

The 20 of them stood up as one, and moved off to find their trainee.

"...Kang Eunji.. Kang Eun- Oh there you are!" Someone called.

You turned around and saw D.O smiling widely at you.

"Oh hello sunbaenim!" You cheerfully replied.

D.O sighed. "Okaaaaaayyy first rule. Don't call me 'sunbaenim'. Makes me sound soooo old and I'm only in my early 20s. Okay? Calling me Kyungsoo or D.O is fine." Then he added.

"But please call the rest 'sunbaenim' or they'll kill you."

You laughed and shook his hand. He brought you to a separate room and made you sit on a chair. Grabbing another one, he plopped down opposite you.

"Thanks for saving me earlier," You voiced out. "If not for you I'd already be a mess on the first floor."

"Haha. Don't say these kind of stuff okay? Makes me," *pout* "puke."

OMG he's kinda cute.

You gave him a grin and took out your letter.

"Erm... Kyungsoo-sshi? What should I do?" You asked him as you passed him the letter.

"Hmm...." he scratched his chin, "According to Suho hyung, you're a REALLY good dancer. First, I gotta test your singing skills. You can't be a singer without singing skills can you?

"Secondly, show me your dance. I'll play you a random track and you dance to the beat, is that okay?" He asked with a smile. "Oh," he added, "Skip the formalities. Call me Kyungsoo WITHOUT the sshi okay?"

You nodded happily and asked, "So Kyungsoo, when do we start?"

"Now." A voice sounded from behind you.

You turned in surprise and saw your idol. The idol that inspired you to become a dancer.

Kai, the dancing machine.

Kai smiled and walked over to D.O, and asked him silently, "Is she good, hyung?"

"I don't know, but according to Suho hyung, she's even better than you Kai." Kyungsoo winked at you and played a song.

It was SHINee's Ring Ding Dong.

Kai immediately took the dance floor and flawlessly moved his entire body, his hips swayed with the rhythm, his arms swinging to the dance steps, his legs moving mindlessly, to the different complex dance moves by SHINee.

After the song had ended, Kyungsoo played another track, and instructed you to dance.

The song started, and it was a song you knew too well, because it was the first song you ever danced.

SHINee's Lucifer.

The moves came to your mind like lightning, and soon your body was reacting to the beats, moving as it should. It was purely mind over matter, and your body memory took over, completing the dance and leaving Kyungsoo and Kai speechless.

Panting, you sat back down onto the chair, where Kai went over and patted your shoulder.

"Good job, newbie. Let's dance again one day. I wanna see more." He winked, (A/N: OMGOMGOMG) and exited the room.

Kyungsoo then flipped his notebook, and told you, "Well, the first test is over, now for the second. The singing. And well rapping too." Behind you, the door opened, and Kris stepped in.

Kyungsoo walked over and whispered something into Kris's ear, which made him start. He looked at you with newfound interest and sat beside you.

"Well, I heard you impressed Kai? Now impress me." He had an accent -Canadian?- and started rapping Minho's part in Ring Ding Dong. You listened to the words being said, but after a few seconds, lost track of them.

When he stopped, Kris motioned for you to continue, and you did, but failing terribly. Kris shook his head and walked off.

Kyungsoo then said, "Well that's sad, but well that's Kris for you. Now for the vocals."

The part you had been dreading for came, and you cleared your throat.

"Erm, D.O, I don't think..."

At that moment, the door opened.

"Hey Kyungsoo, I finished mine already. I failed him twice cause of his in-" He stopped when he saw you.

Your heart started beating rapidly, skipping a beat or two on the way. The centre of your chest started to clamp up, and you broke out in cold sweat.

Luhan.. Why are you here?


A/N: Okay I have no idea what the auditions are like, OR what they do after they get selected, but I know they definitely don't go and eat out on the first day when they are selected. So yep don't flame me if I wrote something wrong>< anyyyywayyys next chapter may be updated later cause like, exams (urgh) and stuffs.