Chapter 3 - HongJi Couple

Seduced In Sleepless City Vol 2

K University, one of the top private universities in the country.

I was gathering material with Zelo's friends in the campus oggeteria.

"Junhong's got a side to him that even we dont really know."Friend A said. "He like to go on trips overseas and doesnt come back for a while."

"He's got good grades, and I think everyone likes him, be it boys and girls," Friend B informs. "And if you need advice, he can solve whatever problem you've got.'

No one knows about Junhong's private life," Friend C adds. "He's not in any social circles and he always seems busy. But I heard a rumor that he got ahold of an ultra-rich girl and got a huge payout from her..."

"Well, I dont know much about him but he's fun to be around with," Friend A said.

"I dont know, I dont know , you say..." Zelo said, appearing beside me. He looks unhappy.

"I'm a normal college student! I wish you look at me thru some warped lens."

The three student fell silent and glared at Zelo.

I guess no one considers Zelo to be normal.

"Come on Jiyoon. Is this even worth covering? Its coming down to base rumors."

Hearing that made me want to drop the formalities and talk normally but I stopped myself.

We werent alone today so I spoke with him in work mode.

"That's true.. I dont know much about you Mr Choi but I feel like I'm coming to understand you."I said.

Upon hearing those words from me, Zelo's face lit up instantly. "I'm telling you, I'm a normal college student."

"I dont think a normal college student would manage a company..."I said, cocking an eyebrow at him.

"That's just a game to me."he replied. "Maybe a little larger-scale than games typically are, granted. But the again, for me its totally normal."

 

I dont think its normal in the least... That whole casino group must be a little off-base.

"But Jiyoon, if you dont gather proper material, you'll regret it,"he teased. "This is useless for an article, isnt it?"

I am getting more and more intrigue about Zelo's personal life.

"Then..Is the rumor about getting a large payoff from a woman true?"

"Aww, do you believe that too Jiyoon? Payoff is such an ugly word. I got her to assist with my investments."

"How did you get her assistance?"

"The normal way. I gave her my business plan and said please and she gave me the money."

Zelo looked at me with a mischievous smile.

Ack, I got excited again there.. But a normal person wouldnt give someone their money just like that...

Just then, a girl spoke up to Zelo.

"You're Choi Junhong, yes?"

"Yes, and you are?"

"Um, I was hoping to talk to you about something..."

"Oh sure. But I'm dealing with a reporter right now. Could we do it later?"

The girl looked at Zelo with a distraught expression.

"Mr Choi, you can go with her if you like. We're already done here."I said.

Zelo furrowed his brows a bit at my words.

"All right, I'll be right back." Zelo rose from his seat and followed the girl further into the oggeteria.

Why did Zelo look kind of upset there..?

"Miss Jeon, Junhong left his bag there,"Friend A pointed out. "Now's your chance to go thru it."

What?!

"I couldnt possibly..."

"If you look inside, you might get an idea of what his private life is like," Friend C encouraged.

"I've got nothing to do with this. Junhong's gonna get pissed," Friend C said.

Mm..I cant deny that I'm a little interested.

"I couldnt do that. He's hate me if I did,"I told them.

"Then maybe I'll take a look!"

"What?! Hey, quit it, please!"

As we both struggled, Zelo's bag fell out of his seat.

"Oh..."

The fastener was open and the bag's content came spilling out.

There was a newspaper, a digital camera, a pen case, books, magazines and a laptop.

I picked up the newspaper and saw that an article on it has been circled.

This article...

It was an article about a CEO of a business that the news was currently abuzz over.

Their high- pressure sales tactics aimed at the elderly has raised some questions in the media...

"Sorry, Did my bag fall?"

I tried to cover up, "Oh no, it happened when we shook the chair."

I spoke up top Zelo, trying to change the subject, "Are you done talking to that girl?"

"I am but....Are you jealous over me Jiyoon?" He took the seat next to me.

"I am certainly not jealous."I stated. "And why did you look out of sorts earlier, Mr Choi?"

"Out of sorts? Me?"

"When you were following her, you looked out of sorts to me."

"Oh, I suppose I did, at that,"he said with a cute smile. "I felt a little forlorn at you just sending me off perfectly normally, Jiyoon."

I looked blankly at Zelo, not understanding what he meant.

"You're so dense, Jiyoon. And here I've been so worked up over you."

I cant be THAT dense....

:You know, I dont like seeing you talking with other men."

"You're bringing that up again?" I rolled my eyes.

"Heheh. I was half serious there, though."

"What , are you two having that kind of relationship?" Friend B asked.

"Yes lovers,"Zelo answered happily. "We go great together as a couple, dont we?"

I gently nudged him with my shoulder. "How can you joke so casually about that? Havent we just met?"

When I said that, Zelo leaned forward a bit, rested his chin on his hands and peered at me.

Ack, his face so close.

"Does the number of days have anything to do with true love?"he whispered.

"Th-that would require both sides to fall in love gradually..."

"I dont think so...One look at you was enough for me to know that you were different from other girls, Jiyoon. If you like someone intuitively, you like them. If you dont like them, you dont like them. Isnt it the same thing in romance?"

"Y-You're teasing me again...You wont fool me."

Zelo gave a faint smile and looked at me. "What if I was serious?"

I blinked at him. 'What?"

"I might seriously like you Jiyoon..."

He gazed at me with liquid eyes.

G-getting looked at that way really makes my heart pound...

Looking at his face with no interruptions, Zelo has such a pretty face.

"Right?"

"Sure." I was so mesmerized by him that all I could do is just agree.

"Dont be so nervous. After all,. we've spent a night together."

"That was...that was...."

Zelo gazed at me with a gentle look.

Its no use... I cant say anything when he looks at me that way...

"Jiyoon..."

Zelo's face drew even closer.

Click! Click!

What's that sound?

I looked around and saw Zelo's friend holding his cell phone and pointing it at us.

"Wow, eve my heart was pounding from that,"Friend A said.

"Excuse me. I am more or less on assignment right now. Could I ask you to delete that picture...?"

"Oh, could you please forward me that picture?"

I glared at him. "What?! Mr Choi, you should tell him to delete it too!"

"What? Whats the problem? Dont be so embarrassed. Its for my own personal amusement."

"That's not the issue here...."

"Oh, do you want it too? I'll forward it to you later." Zelo gave a teasing smile.

 

With the college material gathering all wrapped up, Zelo brought me to the casino.

Hyung Joong and Lee Joon were there tonight.

"Jiyoon? You look tired." Lee Joon commented.

"I am tired... That coverage was rough..."

"Did Zelo do something?" Hyun Joong asked in concern.

"Not a thing!" Mirai answered. "I thought it went pretty smoothly."

"Most of the time when you talk like that, it means you did something,"Hyun Joong said dryly.

"You shouldnt jump to conclusions, Hyun Joong."

"So Jiyoon. Did you learn anything about Zelo yet?'Lee Joon asked.

What I learnt about Zelo was....

"I learnt today that Zelo hears out people's problems and solves them."

"Come to think of it, Zelo's enjoyed helping people out since he was a child," Hyun Joong agrees.

'Well, they come to me to discuss it , so at least what I can do is lend a hand."

'They said you always resolve things. That you have a lot of trust from others. Someone even consulted him while I was collecting material."

"What kind of concultation do you get?"Lee Joon asked Zelo.

"That's a secret.. But oh Hyunnie, you're not really going to do any snooping around about me right?"

"Dont worry, I can already guessed a lot of it."

"I'd sure like to hear that."

"So would I..." I said

"Even you Jiyoon?" Zelo said with a sigh.

"Even gathering that material today, I only got the barest understanding of you Zelo..I'd kinda like to learn more."

He looks at me, rising his eyebrow up and down at me.

"I'm so flattered to hear that! You're really interested in me Jiyoon?"

"Heheh, Zelo's an only child but he acts like a spoiled brother. Getting happy over seeing unexpected sides of people or people showing interest in him."

"Oh, is that right?" I said thoughtfully.

"Dont analyze me Joonie." Zelo pouted at Lee Joon.

"Awww, but you're such a challange to analyze."

"It a little frightening to hear that from you Joonie...."

Giggle.... "He means  you're that deep of a person Zelo..."

Zelo blushed. "I-is that right?"

"Jiyoon, I'm impressed."

I look at Hyun Joong with questioning look.

"There arent that many women that can get that sort of look out of Zelo ,"he explained.

"Oh be quiet Hyunnie!"

"Oh its so cute. You should come out more with it!"

"Lee Joon's right. You'd be even cuter if you did," I teased.

"I should say the same to you Jiyoon. You can just come out and be my girlfriend." He smirks.

I rolled my eyes at him. "Oh, here we go again! I really wish you'd stop that during material gathering. A lot happened today, for that matter."

He shrugged. "Mmm, then maybe I'll stop accepting coverage."

"You're kidding right?"

"I'm not...Its no skin off my back if I dont get magazine coverage."

Zelo averted his eyes petulantly.

"Er,wait...Hold on! Let me continue my coverage please?"

Hearing that he looks at me with a cocky smile, "Okay, where's my apology?"

"Huh?"

"Its your fault Jiyoon. That's what you get for picking on me."

"I....I'm sorry."

He broke into laughter.

"Ahaha,just kidding! I'd never do something so irresponsible."

"That's not fair!"

"I'd certainly never do anything to cause so much trouble for you Jiyoon"

Saying that, he gave my cheek a light kiss.

My eyes widen. "Z-Zelo..?"

I cover my hand over my kissed cheek and blushed hard.

"He must really like Jiyoon,"Lee Joon commented.

"Zelo dont tease women so much," Hyun Joong warns him lightly.

"Fiiiinnneee. But I'm not apologizing though. I dont think I did anything wrong."

"Oh I suppose there's no help for that then."

"Lee Joon, dont let that settle the issue for you..."

Zelo gave me the innocent smile of someone playing with their favourite toy.

 

On the way back form the casino, I gazed at the glimmering illumination in the scenery as I reflected back on today's event.

I thought to myself at how good zelo was at hiding his true feelings behind lots of jokes.

That was why the more I tried to get material on him, the harder it was to get a solid grasp on him.

He's such a fun boy....but he kissed me out of the blue..my heart is still racing a little......

Just then, as i stepped out of an empty alleyway...

I was grabbed from behind and someone pressed a gauze to my mouth.

An acrid odour filled my nose.

What....the......

I got shut into the back of a car.

I tried to scream but my body didnt react.

Instead, my vision grew dark and I lost consciousness.

 

End Of Chapter