Chapter 4 - HongJi Couple

Seduced In Sleepless City Vol 2

l awoke, shivering in the cold.

I squinted unfer the glare of the mercury lamps affixed to the ceiling.

......I was attacked!!!........

I looked around and saw forlkifts and stacks of containers around me.

"Hey young lady. Are you awake?"

I looked in the direction the voice came from and saw three uncouth looking men approaching.

I started to rise, then I realised my hands were tied behind my back.

No way! What is this? And who are these guys?!

I tried to wringle my wrist free in panic but they were bound tightly with no signs of slack.

"Relax. You havent done anything wrong young lady. You're close with Choi Junhong right?"Man A said.

Man B looks at me in guilt,"We just want to lure him here and get back our money. Sorry but...Dont raise a fuss okay?"

Man A quietly held up a knife.

Whoa a real knife!

Wh-whats going on?

Seeing that any poor efforts at resistance would get me into trouble. I went still  with my breath caught in my throat.

"That's right, just behave. We wont touch you for as long as you dont cause any trouble,"Man C said.

"Y'see, we're phone swindlers. Cool huh,"Man A informs.

"O..oh...Phone swindlers, huh?"

Man A continues,"We were pretty well-known in the industry. But then that Choi Junhong son of a ripped us off! So I guess you could call yourself a hostage."

"U-Um, why me?"

"You're close with Choi Junhong right? You two were walking together just today."

"No..I've only been accompanying him for work-related matters..."

"What?! You're not buddies? Even with all that lovey-dovey stuff in town?"

Lovey-dovey? I think his language is a little behind times...

"Bah, we got the wrong person," Man B said angrily. "Its too late now though. We've already sent Choi Junhong a phone threat!"

"We left a voice mail probably an hour or so ago. He should be here by now," Man C said, looking anxiously at his watch for the time.

A phone threat over voice mail? At least try to talk to him directly!

"You look like you wanna say something,"Man B ask me.

"Far from it, I've got nothing to say."

I awkwardly lifted the corners of my mouth in a strained smile.

"Poor girl, I'd bet you're being fooled too. I've never seen a con artist that good," Man A said, giving me a pitiful look.

"Con artist?"I said, confused.

"What,you didnt know? He's pretty famous in the underworld."

"Um.. Is it possible that you have the wrong man?"I asked.

"Hell no!"the three man said in unison.

I thought back on Zelo's action for these past few days.

He had taken the initiative in catching shoplifters and had heard out and resolved lots of people's problem......

The Zelo I know, a con artist?

"Oh come on, would you mind not giving my Jiyoon strange ideas?"

Boom!

A rather heavy looking ironm door was blown off clear into the wall, then fell to the ground with a clang.

A-A door is flying right before my eyes....

I stared at the fallen door dunbly, unable to process what just happened.

Just then, someone's arms wrapped around my waist and lifted me into the air.

"Sorry to keep you waiting love!"

I turned around at the familiar voice and saw Zelo smiling down to me.

"Zelo!!'

"Heheh, your hero has arrived,maybe,"he said, winking.

Zelo hugged me to himself with his left hand while skillfully manipulating a transparent thread hanging from the ceiling girders with his right hand.

He landed on a stack of containers, still embracing me.

"Dont believe what they said. All they know how to do is lie."

"Right...."

I want to believe it was a lie, but...Would they go thru the trouble of abducting me just for a lie?

Zelo's expression suddenly grew serious, and he squeezed me close.

"Sorry, I'm late..Were you scared?"

As much as I hate to admit it, I was relieved that Zelo had come and I was getting a little misty-eyed.

"Maybe...My, you're awfully open today."

"Hey, I woke up to all of this. They were threatening me witjh a knife, I was worried you might not come..."

"There's not a man alive who wouldnt come to the rescue of a cute damsel in distress."

"You always pull that kind of line."

"Heheh. You dont believe me?"

"...Thanks.."

"What?"he asked, surprised.

"Thanks. For coming..I'm glad you did."

Zelo started giggling nervously.

"What are you laughing at?"

Giggles.

"You're so cute Jiyoon," he said and he nuzzled his cheek against mine.

His soft hair brushed against my ear.

"We can pick this up later,"he whispered ily.

"Hey! What'd you blow the door out for! That scared me !" Man A shouted.

"Cut out the flirting! Where'd you even get in from?" Man B adds in anger.

"Aww, could you please not ruin such a nice moment?"Zelo said, pushing himself slightly away from me. "I've been listening to you guys for a while now, by the way, I'd appreciate if you wouldnt badmouth me behind my back."

"Hey, are you ignoring me!" Man A shouted again.

"Cut the crap and gives us back our money!"

"Fine, fine. Goodness, what a pain," Zelo said in irrate.

Zelo oulled out a switch like object from his pocket. Here you go."

When he pressed the switch, something came fluttering down from above.

Is that................

A huge number of $100 bills were falling.

"Z-Zelo?!"

Zelo responded to me with a wink and a smile.

""Hey, dont get so rough with money! Shouldnt you hand it over in a briefcase or something?" Man A shouted as he was picking up the bills.

Even as they grumbled, those three men were still sweeping up the bills one by one.

"Now then, shall we be off?"

Zelo swiftly untied the rope that I had been bound with.

"Er, are you sure? Your money?"

"Its fine. Here's your purse Jiyonn. Keep your hands free okay."

When did he.....

I took the purse and shouldered it, then Zelo took me in his arms.

"All good to go?"

"Yeah."

"Oh, one moment." Zelo looked down at the abductors who were scrambling for all they were worth to collect the money and spoke.

"I almost forget to mention. If something happens to Jiyoon, you know what will happen, I trust. Dont make me too angry, okay. I'm telling you this for your own good."

The abductors stopped sweeping up the money and gave firm nods as though they've seen something frightening.

"Sorry for the delay. Lets go home now."

Zelo slowly opened a window.

He tugged on the transparent string hanging from the ceiling rafters and reached a window on the warehouse's second floor.

For this warehouse, the second florr was closer in height to the third floor of an apartment building.

I've got..got a bad feeling about this....

"Hold on tight, okay?"

i knew it!!

A tearing wind roared in my eardrums, and the sensation of falling assaulted my senses.

I raised a voice that could barely be called a voice and clutched onto Zelo for my dear life.

 

After escaping from the warehouse, Zelo tugged me along to a crowded area.

"We've made it far enough. I think we should be alright."

-.-

"Hmm, Jiyoon?"

My legs were practically knocking against each other as they shook.

"Goodness are you shaking?"

"L-Looks that way..I'll catch a little rest here... You can leave me here." I said.

"Of course I am not leaving you.' He pulled me close and hugged me.

What.............?

The smell of Zelo's sweat. The vibration his pounding heart.

The warmth exuding from his chest. His stiff, bony arms.

I felt Zelo with my whole body and felt him growing hotter.

He is not a boy. This is a man!

"Sorry, I hurried. This is the best I could manage."

He patted my back gently and I closed my eyes.

It felt really soothing.

Just then, I heard Zelo's phone vibratie.

"Zelo, your phone..."

His arms squeezed more tightly for a moment.

"Jiyoon , you're so nice to hold."

When I hesitated with no idea how to respond, Zelo reluctantly released me and answered his phone.

After the brief exchange, he hung right back up.

"That was from Hyunnie. He says those men were captured."

"Wow, really?"

Giggle. "They were fools right from the start, of course."

 "They'd need another hundred years before even trying to get back at me. Well, lets head back, Jiyoon. I'll see you home."

"S-sure."

I had told my room mate Nicole that I would be late getting home today.

I'd probably be alone once I got back .

I really dont wanna be alone tonight..It'd just make me remember all that fright.

"Want me to stick around a bit longer?"he asked. "You're kinda shaky right now. I'm sure you're afraid to be alone right now."

Zelo said that as though he can read my mind.

What do I do?

I hesitantly took hold of Zelo's cuff.

'What?" he asked in surprise.

I couldnt bring myself to make eye contact with Zelo for fear of turning red and I spoke in a mumble.

"..I'd like you to stay with me..."

I regretted saying it as soon as I blurted it out.

After several moments passed with no reaction, I looked anxiously up at Zelo.

"You finally looked this way,'he spoke.

I looked at him in puzzlement.

"I'd been wondering what kind of cute face you'd have when you said that."

I've been tricked again?!!

When I tried to avert my face, Zelo took my cheeks in his hand.

My eyes widen at his touch.

Giggle. "You're really cute."

"You idiot." I said, making an angry face.

"Hmm? Is that supposed to be a compliment?"

"Where and how did you get that?"

He chuckled. "Well, the way I figure, when you call me an idiot..."

"Isnt it a cover when you're embarrassed at your own sense of thrill?"

I was speechless.

I was amazed at how well he saw thru me.

I turned away and shut my mouth as if trying to escape Zelo's hand brushing along me.

"So, what shall we do now?"

Grrr.....

My stomach made an embarrassing noise.

No! Why now of all possible times...?!

"Hahaha! Your timing's too perfect!!"

I was so embarrassed, I looked straight down.

"Empty stomach?"

"I havent had anything since lunch......"

Then lets go out for dinner. I know a great place ." Zelo took hold of my hand as if it was a perfectly natural thing to do.

I found myself automatically gripping his hand right back.

 

When I got back, Nicole greeted me with a smile.

"Welcome home! You were out late!"

"I'm home. Had a rough time today..."

"How? What happened? Did you mess up on an assignment again?

"No, I didnt, but I'm exhausted . We can talk later."

"Mhm, I get the idea that something happened...Oh well, if you're tired, rest on up."

"I will, thanks."

 

I threw my exhausted body down onto the bed.

"Zelo, a con artist...? Is that true...?"

A normal person couldnt have done any of that. I'd always considered him odd....

"I wish I could ask him directly but...I can't, can i?"

Zelo was all in my mind as I drifted off to sleep.

 

Text Received -

Jiyoon, I'm sorry that I put you in a dangerous position today. It was scary for me too... And hey, dont believe a word those guys said, got it?  It was a bunch of lies.

Forgive me and come hang out again okay? This time, off the job. That way we can be together all night long  ^.^

Call if you ever need anything. I'll come running!

Well, goodnight.

Zelo 

End of chapter...

 

H-A-P-P-Y  B-E-L-A-T-E-D B-I-R-T-H-D-A-Y J-J-P-U-N-G-H-I