Chapter 1 - HongJi Couple

Seduced In Sleepless City Vol 2

"Oh..You're choosing me?" Zelo asked. "Heheh...then, Jiyoon, it looks like we'll have a lovely morning."

 

 

"Oh..? Its morning?" I woke up to the bright morning sun. "Hey, where am I? What am I doing here?"

I did get pretty drunk last night...Oh no, I cant remember a thing!

Knock! Knock!

Someone opens the door.

Oh geez, there is another person in this room with me!

"Room service, did you call?"

"Yes."

Its a voice of a m-man, answerring the room service...

What?What is this? What's going on? Oh, I'm in a dress...?!"

"Morning Jiyoon!" Zelo greet me with a big smile.

"Z-Zelo!"

"I'd guessed you'd wake up right about now. Coffee?"

"U-um...."

"Yes?"

"I dont remember much of last night.. I remember talking to you towards the end but........... What am I doing here?"

Zelo look upset upon hearing my question.

"Oh? You dont remember? After all the things that you did?"

Oh no, what the hell have I done? Damn, I cant remember a thing.....

"Di-did I do something rude?"

His expression went back to normal. "Not at all. You didnt do anything Jiyoon."

Phew... I sighed in relief. Thank god.

"But...But you made it sound like I did something Zelo."

He winked at me. "You're so cute. I cant help teasing you a bit."

"T-teasing?"

"Does it bother you Jiyoon?"

"It bothers me that you should be calling me Noona instead of Jiyoon. I am a whole lot older than you! And how did I end up here?"

"I prefer Jiyoon though,"he said. "Allow me me to explain. Lets see..."

As he spoke, Zelo sat down by my side.

"What? What?"

He put a hand to my cheek and lean in close.

Wait a minute, this is so sudden, what do I do?

I squeezed my eyes shut tightly. But afer a moment of waiting, nothing happened. Huh?

Then I heard Zelo give a light peal of laughter.

"Jiyoon?"

I slowly opened my eyes to Zelo touching me cheek again.

"Come on now, don't look so scared,"he teases. "Of you give me that sort of look , I might even do something worse."

"I-I am not scared," I protested. "I was just a little surprised that's all..."

"Oh, is that right?" Zelo tilted his head with a smile.

"O-Of course it is! You just surprised me. That's all."

"Oh, next time you wont be surprised I hope?"

His hand brushed my cheek once more and his face drew near mine.

Ack!

"Ahaha, You closed your eyes again? That's so cute. It just makes me wanna tease you more."

He's teasing me.........

"Jiyoon , you passed out last night while we were chatting."

I think I remember feeling bad last night now........

"Oh I see, sorry about that. You were looking after me?"

"I just carried you here. After that it was all you sleeping like a baby."

"Oh, thanks."

"You're quite welcome. I had fun playing around with you too. You can stay at my place anytime!"

Play with me?

"Hey, what exacty did we do? Be honest?"

"That's my little secret. I'll tell you some other time ok. Oh, and this is for you."

"Hmm?"

"You wouldnt wanna wear the same dress you wore last night right? You can wear this today if you like."

"What? No, I couldnt possibly."

He looked upset upon my rejection.

"But I've already gotten it for you, I'd be delighted if you wore it for me..."

Ah...What a sad-looking pout, There's no way I can refuse him.

"All right, if you insist..."

He face lit up instantly, "Oh good, I picked it out with you in mind, Jiyoon."

Zelo glanced at his wristwatch and gulped down the rest of his coffee.

The watch had black character on its face and a stainless steel wristband.

It was a beautifully crafted wristwatch taht exuded elegance.

"What a lovely watch,"I commented.

Zelo glanced up at me in surprise.

"My, my, you're a sharp one. That's a Milex antique wristwatch. My father gave it to me."

"Oh, wow."

"No one else around here has ever noticed it. You're as interesting as I thought, Jiyoon. Its about time for me to get going.I'll see you later Jiyoon."

Zelo picked up a shoulder bag and hurriedly exited the room.

See you later, he says..Thats just an empty formality, isnt it?

I doubt we'll ever meet again...

 

I gave a soft sigh as I put together my casino article.

I cant help thinking about Zelo. The dress that I got from him, it fits me too perfectly. I am not quite sure how I feel about that...

"Are you having a hard time of writing the casino article?"the Chief Editor asked concernly.

"Oh, Chief. You're done with your meetings?"

"Yep, I'm all done." Then he looks at me and said," Oh, I know what this is about. Its because you asked Kim Jae Joong a bad question last night, isnt it?"

He smiles."You know what they say, hindsight is twenty-twenty right?"

Oh right, that happened.

Suddenly all the embarrassment from last night flooded my mind.

I felt so cornered, I wanted to give another sigh.

"Take it frome me," he said. "If something bothers you, never leave it as it is. No matter how badly you get treated, sink your teeth in and you can get a scoop!"

"Yes sir!"

"That's the spirit, dont let it happen again next time."

"Sorry sir."

"By the way, your next feature assignment has been changed."

"Alright, so what kind of feature will it be?"

"Its a feature on prospective students with sharp brains, good looks and moneymaking know-how. I'd like to assign you to one of them Jiyoon, can you handle it?"

I was delighted to hear about the offer.

"A special feature page? I's love to. Please let me handle it!"

"Oh, thats what I like to hear! So about your subject..He actually nominated you for the job Jiyoon. Did you meet him at the Casino or something?"

I pondered. "I didnt think I met anyone that amazing. Who is it?"

"Oh, you dont know him? He's the one you spoke to before the lottery."

Wait, is that..?

"Oh but you did win th elottery so it was sort of a bad time for it. The subject you are covering is Choi Junhong aka Zelo."

It really is Zelo.. After all that heppened last night, I'm suddenly covering him? This seems just a little too convenient.

 

I did as my boss instructed and headed to the meeting point that Zelo had specified, the Casino VIP room.

"Excuse me please," I said as I open the door and let myself in.

The members from the previous night were there at the Casino in full force.

"Oh hey, its the brazen editor from yesterday! Here for more drinking?" Jae Joong said sarcasticly.

Yoochun smirk, "Could it be that you're here to see me?"

"Not quite," I said softly.

Oh geez, its so awkward to stay here..........

"Have a seat Miss Jeon..Please have something to drink" Hyun Joong offered as he pour me tea.

"I am sorry," I said after giving all of them a bow. "I dont mean to put you thru any trouble......

"Its no trouble at all, Zelo seeme to be running a bit late,"he said.

I looked at my wristeatch and saw that it was 5 mins past out appointed time.

"A feature on Zelo sounds like fun, he's quite the troublemaker you know,"Hyun Joong continues.

"Hyun Joong, are you and Zelo..?"

"Yeah, we graduated from the same school,"he anwered. "He wasnt with me much. I just heard plenty of rumors."

"Oh I see."

Before coming here, I did my homework and looked up infos regarding Zelo and learnt that he was known as a charismatic college boy.

He started up several venture business that he now managed. But I hardly learnt anything about his private life.

Maybe I could ask them for more infos?

"What's Zelo's like? Its hard to really pick it out..."

"He's a bigger swindler than I am. Pretty much a heap of lies," Yoochun answered.

"Yeah, you said it! He's clever enough to reach the top of his class too," Jae Joong adds.

"Umm, I cant help wondering about the swindler part," I commented.

"If I had to pin him down, I'd say he's the type that prefers to fool instead of getting fooled," Lee Joon finally speak up.

He's saying that with a smile...?

"Editor, you should wach out around him. There's no telling how many women he's left in tears," Yoochun provide again.

"Miss Jeon, are you getting confused?" Hyun Joong asked.

"I am," I confessed.

Whatever infos these guys provide me, it somehow doesnt make any sense.

"None of the descriptions are wrong but........"

I guess he really must be that way, for even Hyun Joong to admit it.

"But Zelo does have a conviction.."

Conviction?

"What have you been talking about behind my back?"

I turned and saw Zelo standing behind me with his arms crossed glaring all the guys.

"Z-Zelo!"

Oh, whoopise. This is work so its a little weird to call him by his English name.

His expression soften," Jiyoon, sorry I'm late. Lets have our meeting somewhere else okay? Some people might meddle if we do it here."

"Oi little boy, are you calling us meddlers?" Jae Joong asked in a glare.

"That's right Joongie. I'll see myself and Jiyoon out now. We're gonna have a meeting alone together, so no meddling okay?"

"You're just calling it coverage as a cover for funny business arent you?" Yoochun asked. 

Zelo winked. "That's between me and Jiyoon. Well then, shall we be off, Jiyoon?"

Zelo said and led me to another room.

 

We went over the upcoming schedule and content for material gathering, then wrapped up for the meeting.

"I'l be in touch Mr Choi. Thank you very much for today!"

Zelo frown. "Come on, we're alone together. You can drop the formalities, I like the other way better."

"But this is work."

"Then maybe I'll take back my acceptance for this work. I get so forlorn when you treat me that way Jiyoon..."

"You hate it that much?"

"Yeah, I cant stand it."

I gave in. "All right. When we're alone together, I'll address you more casually,"

"Perfect. Thanks!"

"Dont worry about it . Oh,come to think of it..That card you gave me the other night was the winner! Thank you!"

"You're welcome. A trip around the world, was it?"

I nodded. "Yeah..That was a coincidence, right?"

"Who could say? You just got lucky Jiyoon."

"You think so? Well, I should also thank you for nominating me for this coverage."

"Heheh, I thought that it would be nice to talk to you a little more so I asked for that."

Zelo rose to his feet and set a hand on my chair's armrest.

He's too close... "Ermm Zelo?"

"You look real good in that dress tonight. I'm glad I picked it out."

I blushed. "Oh, thanks."

"It looks fantastic on you but....Would you mind taking it off?"

My eyes widen at his request. "What?"

He brought a hand up near my ear and gently.

Heart racing!

"Want me to pick up where we left off this morning?"

My heart leaped up into my throat.

His beautiful, smooth voice speaking softly into my ear, giving me goosebumps and sending chills down to my spine.

Whoa!

I reflexively shoved Zelo away.

"Zelo! You cant do that!"

He pouted. "No luck huh?"

He gigled lightly and quickly drew his hands back.

"The taxi should be arriving below any minute now. Take it home okay?"

"Taxi?"

"Well, its dangerous for a girl alone, right?"

Does the fact that he called a taxi means that he meant to send me back to start with?

Does that mean that he really is just toying with me?

Seeing my frown, he asked,"You dont like taxis? Or...would you rather I took you home? But if I did though, ther's be no telling whether you'd get home untouched."

I gulped. "I'll be fine! I can go home by myself! See you tomorrow, Zelo!"

 

I let out a sigh after closing the door to the room.

For goodness sake...!

I wasnt sure which one was driving me more nuts.

What Zelo said...Or the fact that I had felt a little at the way Zelo had treated me.

What am I doing getting exicited over a college guy anyway?

I cant let him lead me on tomorrow. I wont!

 

Text Received ~

Hey, good work today! Did you reach home safetly? I'm super excited about the story you're doing on me!

Mostly because I get to see you everyday.

You know it might be fate that led you working on an article about me... i guess we'll find out!

Well, goodnight!

Zelo ^^

 

End of chapter