Arrival

The Dark Side of the Sun

Haera’s P.O.V.

Okay I just have one thing to say, horse riding is a disaster. That dude xiumin…instead of just asking if I rode well, he should at least have hinted what I was gonna ride. Seriously? Horses? I mean come on…I’ve never even touched one before in my life and then these guys come to me with a horse saying I’ve to  ride it. Gotta say it was a really pretty horse but it was scary and creepy the way it looked at me as if it hated me to the very core, and the first time I tried to mount it, it just shoved me on the ground. That just caused all the dudes except Baekhyun to start laughing their heads off while I was sitting there rubbing my . Then that Baekhyun dude, with an expressionless face, said that I’d have to ride along with one of the other guys. And then he asked for any volunteers. Of course Sehun being the cutie he was, shot his hand up first and lo! I find myself riding a horse sitting behind a chatty guy who just wouldn’t stop chatting. Then it came to my mind, that guy Kai.. Wasn’t he the one with powers to teleport? Why doesn’t he just teleport us there and save us from all this horse riding thing? I got curious and so I asked Sehun.

“The mountain that the oracle lives on is immune to any sorts of magic except for the one that the oracle herself uses. Even if Kai teleported us there, it would only be up to the foot of the mountain and then we’d have to hike all the way up. So best use horse instead”, he answered me.   

Wow so much for lands filled with soo much magic. Our horse party consisted of Baekhyun, Chanyeol, Kris, Kai, Xiumin, me and Sehun. The rest of the guys had stayed behind at the castle taking care of things there. Apparently the journey there would take us few hours. And the guys as well as I had put on cloaks. And seriously it just gave me a scary and traveler kind of feel.

The whole of the lands really was covered in white and it had started to snow a bit. Xiumin lead the way, followed by rest of us. I looked over Sehun’s shoulder to see why xiumin was at the front. Then I saw it, he was using his right hand in rhythmic side to side motion. It was really impressive how he could do that while holding the rein with only one hand. Then I noticed something, the snow fell all around us but not on us. It was as if he was commanding the snow to stay away from us, thus keeping us dry.

“wow, that’s cool”, I commented.

"What's cool?", Sehun asked.

"Whatever Xiumin is doing"

“Oh that. Yeah, xiumin bro has really fun abilty. He can command the snow and freeze stuffs. So you’re right I guess it is kind of ‘cool’”, Sehun told me.

After long hours of riding my back practically killing me we finally made it atop the mountain. It’s when I noticed all guys had suddenly become real serious and kept looking around, as if on a lookout. We got to the top and there it was, a sort of monastery like monument. It has these huge doors with symbols of sun with two round things in it, and with stars. It opened when we neared it and suddenly I felt a strange and yet a familiar feel. Kind of like déjà vu but much more different, much more warm and sad at the same time.

We came into a huge courtyard with this weird mini temple in the middle and in front of it three people were standing.

Everybody dismounted from their horses. Sehun helped me get down and I could hardly even stand due to this massive backache. We walked towards the three people and then Baekhyun spoke.

“We’ve arrived lady Im”, he said to the woman in the middle. She seemed to be a young woman, probably in her 20’s but with long white hair and she was adorned in jewels. She nodded to him but then turned to me.  

“Welcome back to the temple of the sun lady Haera. I have been waiting for your arrival”.