Yongguk : Piano

BAP Drabbles

 

She ran her fingers along the cool wooden keys. Closing her eyes, she started to play a tune. Just as she got to the bridge of the song, a pair of hands rested on her shoulders, nearly scaring the heck out of her. Her fingers jerked off the keys and the loud sound from the sudden movement made her wince. She swiftly impulse to look at the intruder. Her intended glare turned into a soft gaze when she saw who had interrupted her private recital.
 
"Yongguk oppa, don't scare me like that!" she complained while feigning anger.
 
He let out a laugh, showing his pearly whites and she couldn't resist smiling along, his gummy smile was too cute. He tucked her hair behind her ear,
 
"Continue," he mumbled.
 
She obliged, starting to play the tune from the top. They used to do this a lot more in the past, she would play the piano and he would be nearby, asking her about her day. But that was in the past, they were both a lot busier now, he had his packed idol schedule while she had her own work to tend to, so they enjoyed every little moment they had together. 
 
"Why do you always play that song?" He broke the silence with a simple question like he always did, before adding an afterthought,
 
"I thought you didn't like it." 
 
"I guess I find it alright."
 
"So, why?"
 
She pondered for a moment.
 
"Because you like it." She replied.
 
He said nothing as she continued with the piece, bending down to wrap his arms loosely around her neck and press a kiss against her temple.
 
Knowing he had chosen to come to see her instead of resting like he should have been, she was determined not to waste the day. However, his hands were starting to twirl and fiddle with strands of her hair and she couldn't help getting a little ticked off. A thought crossed her mind. Stopping abruptly once again in the middle of the piece, she spoke as a smile crept up her face, "Oppa, it's been a while since I've heard you play, hasn't it?"
 
"I guess so..." He murmured thoughtfully.
 
Reaching out, over her shoulders, he placed his hands onto the keyboard. His chest was pressed lightly against her back, and she flushed at the sudden contact. Skillfully, his fingers ran over the keys, as if without any effort. A gentle, melodious tune filled the air and all she could do was freeze in pleasant surprise.
 
He was playing her favorite song.
 
"Why this?"
 
" 'Cause you like it." he answered without hesitation.
 
A smile crept onto her face as she joked, "You and your darned sweetness can't be good for the health."
 
Turning back, she pressed her lips against his, not giving him time to reply. Not that he minded.