Daehyun : Coffee Date

BAP Drabbles

 

 
"Where are we going?"
 
"Let's go for some coffee and cheesecake!"
 
She sighed. The cheek of this guy to only think about eating when he finally had some time for you.
 
He tugged on her arm, shooting puppy eyes. "Pleease?"
 
She nodded reluctantly, giving in. His eyes sparkled childishly, curving into crescents as he pulled her into her favourite cafe.
 
His eyes widened at the array of desserts on display in the shop. "Ooh, they have a new one! Let's try it!"
 
Biting back her laughter at his excited behavior, she read the name of the cake he picked : Berry Much in Love
 
Smiling at the cute title in bemusement, she nodded. He pointed at a table at the back of the cafe, one next to a window, and nudged her gently in that direction. Taking the obvious cue, she went ahead to occupy the table before anyone else snatched it from under their noses.
 
He returned a few moments later, with a tray in his arms, looking as though he had hit the jackpot.
 
"Jung Daehyun! I thought you were only ordering the cake!" she scolded jokingly, unable to resist the infectious happiness radiating off him.
 
"It's a waste not to order coffee at this cafe!" he insisted in response, his face serious.
 
"Here's your mocha frappe," he said with a wide grin, placing it down.
 
"Annddd," he pulled the word for emphasis.
 
"My caramel macchiato!" he announced, smiling even wider.
 
"I swear, if you grin any wider your face will split, Dae,"
 
She looked down at her drink. "I didn't even tell you what I wanted, how did you know?" she asked, eyes wide with curiosity.
 
"I can read minds." he said in reply with a solemn expression on his face.
 
"Tsk. Cut it out," she rolled her eyes.
 
"As if I haven't noticed what you order when you're here!" he scoffed.
 
"So, you stalk me?" she shot back with a smirk of her own.
 
He chuckled. "Maybe...?" he replied as if he were asking more than answering.
 
"Tsk."
 
Not willing to waste anymore time, he picked up the fork and broke a piece of the berry cheesecake off.
 
"Here," he said, holding the bite-sized bit of cake in front of her lips.
 
With a tiny smile, she ate it quickly — before the cheesecake hawk decided to swoop down on his prey.
 
"I can't believe I actually let you try it before I did," he muttered to himself, realising what he had done.
 
"I guess I should be flattered then." 
 
"Of course you should!" he retorted, pouting.
 
As he stuffed mouthful after mouthful of cheesecake, his features once again widened into a smile.