Mission Success

BAP Drabbles

 

 
"Shhh! She'll hear you!"
 
"Why are we doing this again?" the shortest of them asked, clueless.
 
"For Yongguk hyung!" the youngest of them whisper-shouted, his head almost visible at the top of the clump of bushes.
 
"Shush!"
 
Loud rumbles broke the silence. Simultaneously, all of them turned to Daehyun.
 
"Whaat? I can't help it! I'm hungry, Jae!" the culprit merely complained pouting.
 
"Do you even know the feeling of hiding outside a cafe when there's the temptation of so much glorious food in there?!" he continued in a huff, whispering harshly with a frown.
 
"Your stomach can wait, Dae. Hyung's mission comes first." Youngjae replied, his face serious.
 
"B-but-" Daehyun protested, worried for the health of his stomach.
 
"Shush! We'll get you cheesecake after this, so just keep quiet. I want to get this over and done with!" Himchan interjected, acting leader-ly for once.
 
"Why can't hyung do it himself?" Daehyun persisted.
 
"How's he supposed to meet her then, Daehyun? And what will it take to make you shut up?" Youngjae replied, fed up.
 
"We just need to watch her until she goes on her break so hyung will know what time to "coincidentally" bump into her, okay? So, please." he explained to his hungry friend, pleading with him.
 
That seemed to convince Daehyun, who kept his lips tightly sealed until he deemed it safe to speak again.
 
"I don't see her, where is she?" Jongup asked, peering from the gaps in the bush.
 
"She's heading for the door! Quick, call hyung!!" Youngjae exclaimed, anxious.
 
Himchan whipped his phone out, punching in the numbers as fast as his fingers could move.
 
"Yongguk! She's going out! Now's your chance, go go go!" he nearly shouted into the speaker.
 
Right on cue, Yongguk appeared from behind the curb and headed for the cafe. As he reached for the door, a girl pushed it open from the other side. Her initial expression was of surprise, but then she smiled warmly nodding as the man said something. Instead of going into the cafe, Yongguk was walking away from it together with her, towards a nearby park. Just like he had planned.
 
He turned to the bushes when the girl's back was facing him, shooting a smile of thanks and holding up a victory sign.
 
The five boys behind the bushes let out a small cheer. Mission success.