Zelo : Mario

BAP Drabbles

 

"Ma..ri..o?" the little girl questioned, reading the name off the cover of the video game casing.
 
"Yup, Mario." her friend responded, giving a quick nod before he resumed kicking mushrooms.
 
"Who's he?"
 
"Hmm.. I don't know actually. But he always saves Princess Peach."
 
There was a pause while the boy proceeded to defeat the mushrooms on the screen, and the girl stared wide-eyed at the graphics. The only sound coming from the buttons pressed on the controller.
 
"Why?" she asked when he had successfully made three mushrooms disappear.
 
"Because... Because... I don't know either."
 
"Oh. So he's sorta like a knight?"
 
"Yeah. Sorta. Only without the armor and with a cap."
 
"Ohh."
 
"I like Mario. I wanna be like him and save the princess too."
 
The five year old girl nodded, acknowledging his thoughts.
 
"Then who's gonna be the princess?" she blurted, suddenly remembering the vital character he had to save.
 
"Hmm..." he frowned, deep in thought.
 
She tilted her head to the side, eyes wide with curiosity and anticipation at his answer.
 
"You!" he suddenly exclaimed, as if he had just remembered something, holding up a finger and pointing it at her.
 
"Me?"
 
"Yeah, you. You'll be Princess Haneullie,"
 
"Princess... Haneul?"
 
"Yup, yup." he replied with a broad grin, satisfied.
 
"Then what will you be called?"
 
"Jun..o? No-Zelo!"
 
"Zelo?"
 
"Because Mario ends with an 'o' too!"
 
"Ohh."
 
He grinned again, turning to look at you. He had completely forgotten about the deadly mushrooms.
 
"Watch out!" she warned, pointing at the screen.
 
He turned back in time to see his character fly backwards and disappear.
 
"Oops..." he mumbled, rubbing the back of this neck sheepishly.