Just Friends

Return to Sunshine

 

*Yawn* I'm so tired 😔! That shopping trip yesterday took it's toll on me. All that walking I did worked out muscles I didn't even know I had! Now I'm tired and sore, a horrible combination to be in on a weekend. *Groan* What to do... "Are you okay?" I heard a voice ask from behind me. Craning my head around, I found Minho standing behind my chair. "I'm fine, just a little sore" I replied with a smile. "Really? I can help you with that if you want." Before I could protest, Minny sat in the chair next to me and pulled my leg onto his lap. He began massaging and I began dying. I know I should be creeped out by the fact he was rubbing my thighs, but man did this feel GOOD! Leaning my head back onto the chair, I groaned in pleasure as his magical hands continued working the pain out of my muscles. "What are you doing?" Opening my eyes a bit, I saw Key standing in front of me. "She was in pain so I was helping her out" Minny defended himself. "Well, get your hands off her!" Key seethed, glaring down at him. Minny stopped messaging my leg and I groaned in protest. "Sorry" he whispered as he placed my leg on the floor and walked to the kitchen. Looking up at Key I put on my pouting face, upset that he took away my happiness. "Stop looking at me like that! Why are being all close with him anyways?" "I'm not! It's called, I hurt from shopping with YOU yesterday and he was making me feel better. Since you were kind enough to run Minny out of the room, you can take his place" I demanded while nudging him with my foot. Key sighed in defeat, "Fine, but let's move to the couch." Slowly I made my way to the couch, movements stiff. Key plopped onto the couch before me, making me lay down on it with my legs on his lap. When we were both comfortable, he started where Minho left off. Ah, I think I'm in heaven! When he reached a particularly sore spot, I hissed in pain. At that moment, J-Saurus walked in, "What's going on in here? I hope nothing inappropriate, because it sounds like something is happening!" OMJ, does he WANT to live? "Go or you die" I deadpanned in complete seriousness. "Psh, whatever, but really... What's going on?" "I huuuurrrrttt!" I groaned, completely exasperated with him, even if he's only been around for a few minutes. "Aw, I can help make it better too!!" he yelled over-excitedly as moved my feet to sit on the couch. "Wha- Ah, that feels good"! I said as J-Saurus started rubbing my feet. "This is like an at home Spa, anyone want to get me a drink?" I jokingly yelled to no one in particular. Next thing I knew, Tae Tae was holding out a lemonade, beckoning me to take it with a shake of his hand. "You know I was joking right?" "Of course!" Tae Tae responded in an overly happy voice, "I was actually hoping I could use it as a bribe to get you to have a private conversation with me" he said as he looked down at his feet, hands wringing together in nervousness. "Of course Tae Tae! We can go up to my room. *Sigh* Goodbye magic hands" I said to Key and J-Saurus as Tae Tae led me out of the room. Once we arrived inside my room, he turned to me, still wringing his hands in nervousness. "Are you okay Tae Tae?" "Well... I need some advice... Do you promise not to tell anyone about the conversation that takes place in this room?" he asked, totally straight-faced. "Of course!" I said, worried over the tense atmosphere. "I... It's actually kinda funny when you think about it... You see- I don't like Avy as much as I thought I did" he said, running a hand through his short mop of hair. "What do you mean?" I asked warily, not sure where this conversation was going. "I thought I was in love with her, but now I realize I only see her as a friend. I'm not sure if I should continue to date her, 'cause maybe i'll learn to love her, or let we go and just be a friend." Gah! Why is he asking me? I don't want to hurt Avy by giving him the wrong advice, but if he truly doesn't like her, they can't be together. "How about this, just hang on a little longer. I'll slyly find out how Avy feels and then let you know. After that, we'll come up with a break up plan, okay?" Tae Tae nodded his head in agreement, eyes staring at me with complete trust. Oh, please don't let me mess this up...
 
 
 
 
Avy's POV
 
 
Happily walking down the hall towards the stairs, I was side tracked by the sound of cloth rustling. Curiosity in overdrive, I moved towards Oneyyah's room, since that's where the sound was coming from. Luckily, the door was already cracked open, so I was able to peak in to see what was going on. Omo... I felt my face burn with a blush at the sight of a shirtless Oneyyah. Despite his puggy cheeks, he is very toned... Kya! I'm being a creeper! Forcing myself to look away, I moved slowly from the door, trying not to make any sudden noises. If he catches me standing here ogling him, I'll die of embarrassment. Also, I don't want to hurt Taeminny. If he found out I had a crush on Oneyyah, he'd be devastated. I don't know when it happened, but sometime during the two years without Shinee, I realized what I felt for Taeminny wasn't relationship love, but friend love. I only see him as a really good friend... "Hey Avy!" Fo yelled right next to my ear, causing me to jump about a foot in the air due to fright. "WAH! Don't do that!!" I yelled as I slapped her arm. "Pfahahaha, you should've seen the look on your face! Priceless!!" she cackled in glee. "Anyways, what were you doing out here? Spying' on Oninny?" *Gasp* "You saw me? How long have you been following me around" I asked as I spun completely around to face her. "Long enough to see you making lovey eyes at Oninny" she stated with a sly grin on her face, "is there something you aren't telling me Ave?" *Sigh* Might as well spill to Fo, I need to get this off my chest somehow. Maybe she can give me some advice on what to do... Taking a hold of Fo's arm, I led her down the hall to my bedroom. Looking around to make sure no one else was following, I quietly shut the door and turned to her. 
 
           -Several Minutes Later- 
 
I let out a breath of relief, as I felt some of the weight being lifted off my shoulders. I was right, telling Fo my secret did make me feel a little better. "Hmm... I think you should break up with him. Just explain your feelings and I'm sure he'll understand." "But what if it crushes him? I don't want to hurt Taeminny" I muttered, hanging my head in depression. "Hey, don't you think it's be worse to pretend? If he found out you really didn't love him, he'd be devastated" Fo said as she soothingly rubbed my back. "You're right!" I shouted as I jumped up in determinations "That a girl! Now let's get outta here. This all is just too sappy for me to handle." Rushing out the door, I began looking around for my boyfriend. Ah ha! There he is! As I got closer to him, I felt the nerves kick back in. By the time I reached him, I was shaking like a leaf. "Uh, Taeminny... can I talk to you for a second..." "Of course!" he stated, grabbing my hand to pull me somewhere more private. "What'd you want to talk about" he asked when we had reached a secluded area. "W-Well you s-see... I love you and all... I don't want t-to hurt y-you... it's not that I dislike you..." I stumbled over my words, trying desperately but failing to get out what I truly wanted to say. "You only like me as a friend, right?" Wow! He's good! I gaped up at him in wide-eyed wonder, causing him to giggle. "I understand completely! I actually feel the same way" he mumbled as he looked down at his feet. "Really?" "Yeah." We stood in an awkward silence, eyes never leaving out feet. "So, friends?" I finally asked, looking up at him earnestly. "Friends" he said with a bright smile, pulling me into a hug. "That was so beautiful!" a voice fake sobbed from behind us. Quickly turning around, I squeaked in embarrassment when I saw that everyone was standing only a few feet away, watching us. "You guys were spying on us!" Taeminny yelled indignantly. "Well ya" Minnyho stated with a sly smile, "we weren't gonna miss this drama." "It wasn't drama!" Key continued to fake sob into Fo's shoulder, "it was adorable! I may be crying on the outside, but I'm squealing like a fangirl on the inside." What a weirdo... Huffing in exasperation at the idiotic-ness of the group, I trudged back to my room to sulk out my embarrassment alone. 
 
 
 
 
Regular POV
 
 
I watched in bemusement as Oninny stalked after Avy with a determined expression. Bet they'll be dating soon... "Fo" Key pouted as he snuggled closer into my side, "did you know something about all of this?" "I may or may not have" I answered mysteriously while chuckling at his frowning face. "Doesn't matter at this point" J-Saurus stated as he moved closer to us , "what does is that someone still looks a little sore. Wiggling his fingers creepily, J-Saurus moved closer and began to tickle my sides. "NO!" I laughed as I tried to burrow myself closer to Key in hopes that he's protect me from the tickling babo. "Hey, no one said you could freely touch what's mine!" Key shouted as he swatted at J-Saurus. Not really registering what Key had just said, I turned and stuck my tongue out at my attacker. I became confused when he stared at me in wide-eyed shock, but before I could ask what was wrong, he moved away with hands raised in surrender. What was that all about?