Who Are You

When Love Is Reborn

 

"Who is Cho Kyu Hyun, Hyung?"

Sungmin was unable to speak to answer the question. His mind filled with all sorts of questions, left and right brain conflicting with each other since he confused how to give an answer to Donghae. Sungmin did not hate Kyuhyun, and he even wanted Donghae and Kyuhyun would be reunited again, but Hyukjae would strongly oppose it. Sungmin did not want Hyukjae to hate him just because he is more likely to support Donghae and Kyuhyun relationship.

Sungmin stared at Donghae seriously. He reminded himself that Donghae was sick. Sungmin thought even he told the truth, Donghae will not be able to remember their conversation nor anything that happened on that day, unless he wrote it down in the diary. Though if that happens, Sungmin would simply cut or rip the certain part where Kyuhyun was in it. After a moment, Sungmin sighed and thought it was lucky to have Donghae with his condition that not capable to store any memories, especially when caught in a situation like what they were having at that time. 

"Cho Kyuhyun was your ex-boyfriend, before you were with Kibum" Sungmin chose to tell the truth and be honest. 

"Why Hyukjae hyung never said this before? Why did you keep this from me?"

"Because too many bad things happened between you and him"

"Where is he now? Why did me and him break up?"

"He's in New York. The reason why you broke up with him because..." Sungmin paused some times to think. "Because Kyuhyun preferred to pursue his dream, rather than stay with you" said Sungmin.

"Dream?" Donghae didn't get it. 

"He is a pianist, Hae"

"A pianist? Cho Kyuhyun? My ex-boyfriend? " Donghae tried to remember it so that he won’t forget it. 

Donghae quickly wrote everything about Kyuhyun and noted anything Sungmin told him. Sungmin just looked at Donghae sadly. Donghae seemed so interested in Kyuhyun though he forgot all his memories about Kyuhyun. Sungmin felt sorry that he had to get rid of all the records about Kyuhyun from Donghae's diary when he fell asleep later. 

After that day, Donghae would not remember anything about Kyuhyun. 

___

 

Sungmin managed to steal Donghae’s diary. He removed the parts where Kyuhyun’s name was written. Sungmin carefully searched, until finally, he found what he was looking for. Sungmin just read it and felt sorry for Donghae. Only by reading it, he knew exactly how Donghae really wants to meet with Kyuhyun.

…Cho Kyuhyun? Who is he? Just by hearing his name, I felt like I had been through a lot of wonderful things with him in my life before…

It was just a short note. It was probably because Donghae did not remember anything about Kyuhyun. However, that short note was able to make Sungmin cry. Sungmin truly loves Donghae. Although nothing can compare to Hyukjae affection for Donghae, Sungmin loves Donghae sincerely. So it made him feel sad and sorry to know that Donghae cannot meet his loved one.

After tearing those notes from Donghae’s diary, Sungmin put it back in place and glanced at Donghae who was sleeping well.

"You will meet and remember him again, Hae." Sungmin whispered before exiting Donghae’s room.

 

***


One month later,

Kyuhyun is looking for something new to start a new life. Though Ryeowook always supports him to go back as a pianist again, Kyuhyun persistently refused. He did not want to try it anymore. He has no skills other than playing the piano, making its very difficult for him to find another jobs. Therefore, he decided to return to university and take a further study in music. College is not a difficult thing for him since everyone knows that Kyuhyun was a genius student. 

However, there is a significant change in Kyuhyun, and Ryeowook swears he hates it a lot. It is as if Kyuhyun turned into someone else after he got out of the prison and started a new life. Ryeowook really hates it. Since Kyuhyun enters a same university as him, he knows exactly what Kyuhyun doing everyday. 

Kyuhyun is still a smart student as ever, popular and has many friends as well. But, the only thing that changed is his behavior. Kyuhyun is very disgusting in Wooky’s eyes. Kyuhyun has turned into a womanizer and dates people for just a few days. He becomes a playboy jerk that will hurt the people who loved him sincerely. Ryeowook always try to prevent and warn him, but Kyuhyun does not even bother to care.

"A life without Donghae in it, is impossible" Wooky always complaining.

That afternoon

"Where are you going?" Wooky clearly knows the answer.

"Meet my girlfriend" Kyuhyun replied dismissively

"Kyuhyun, stop it. Why are you being like this? If you really have to change, this is not how you do it. You are disgusting me, like a cheap !" Wooky could not take it anymore. 

Kyuhyun was never angry and smiled instead. "I love my new life. Don’t I look happy now?" Kyuhyun asked as he put on his jacket.

"Happy? For me, you more look pathetic"

Kyu was about to leave his apartment but suddenly he stopped "Ah, if you want to go home, don’t forget to lock the door. Okay?" Kyuhyun waved at Wooky and left.

"This is not good, Kyu-ah" Wooky said and sighed with worry.

 

___

 

Kyuhyun smiled. He was talking with a friendly girl who just broke up with him. The girl was in shock and just walked away. Kyuhyun simply waved at her, did not even care if maybe she would commit a suicide. That afternoon, Kyuhyun was then leisurely walking in the park while easing his head, which was so full of all sorts of thoughts. He occasionally smiled at the people around him, at teenagers who were dating or the kids who were playing a ball. It was the most beautiful sight he had ever seen after came out of the prison.

Kyuhyun's sight was wandering around and paid a little attention to the direction until he bumped into someone. Kyuhyun bent down to help pick up the stack of paper while kept mumbling apologies. He did not see the person he bumped into to. Only when he took the last paper of the book, Kyuhyun accidentally read it.

'I want to fall in love and be loved by the loved one ' 

Kyuhyun smiled and stood up and handed over the papers and the book to its owner.

"Sorry, I was not looking my way and did not mean..." 

Kyuhyun did not finish his sentence because a person who was standing before him was a person he missed the most. Instantly, the book and papers fell down from Kyuhyun’s grasp.

The owner stared at Kyuhyun. He did not ask and just keep silent, bent down to collect the book and the papers again. After making sure nothing is missing, the owner of the book glances towards Kyuhyun and then walked away. He was afraid that Kyuhyun is a bad person, so he ran as fast as he could, but before he went away, something made him surprised.

"Lee Donghae!" Kyuhyun shouted. 

The book’s owner looked up, confused.

"You, know me?"



TO BE CONTINUED