Heart

When Love Is Reborn

"Kibum, if I remember everything about Kyuhyun, I would hate him the same way I did. So, by that time being, will you be my boyfriend again?"

Kyuhyun silently talked to himself, 'Should I give up on you, Donghae?'

There was no talk between the three of them during their trip home. Kyuhyun spaced out by the window and never even slightly turned to Donghae. He was holding too much emotion in his heart. He was angry but scared and worried at the same time. He didn’t expect Donghae to utter those words to Kibum and it drove him really mad inside. Meanwhile, Donghae repeatedly glanced at Kyuhyun who sat beside him. He knew Kyuhyun was mad at him and it made him regretting what he had said earlier to Kibum.

The car stopped in front of Ryeowook’s apartment building and Wooky said goodbye to Kyuhyun and Donghae soon after. Kyuhyun took over the wheel and motioned Donghae to move to the front seat. After twenty minutes driving, they reached Donghae’s place. Kyuhyun got off and walked Donghae to the apartment’s entrance. Once he ensured that Donghae was safe, he asked to leave until Donghae stopped him.

"Kyu Jhi." Donghae called him.

Kyuhyun halted his move and turned to face Donghae.

"Are you mad at me?" Donghae hesitantly asked him.

"No."

"But your face is saying that you are."

"No."

"Is it because what I said earlier at the café?"

"Okay, its because I don't understand you, Donghae. We’ve come this far to help you but out of the blue you said something that makes me so disappointed." He answered.

"Sorry." Only a single word came from Donghae.

"If in the end, you just want to be with Kibum then we need to stop all this things. I don't want to spend my time on something useless."

"Kyu Jhi, I am truly sorry for making you upset like this. I didn't mean even the slightest to hurt your feeling and Ryeowook’s too. I said that because…because I’m afraid."

"Afraid of what, Donghae? Is it because you are afraid that you might not come back to Kyuhyun? Or you are afraid that you might lose Kibum?" Kyuhyun quipped him.

"I'm afraid to fall in love with someone else." Donghae replied sadly.

"So, you're saying that you are in love with Kibum now?" Kyuhyun concluded and felt a sting in his heart.

"No, I’m saying that I think I am in love with you, Cho Kyu Jhi." Donghae truthfully said what he was feeling that time. His eyes radiated sadness and confusion at the same time. On the other hand, Kyuhyun was surprised by his confession.

"Donghae, are you...falling in love with me?" Kyuhyun asked cautiously.

"Well, I think so, but to be honest I’m still not sure too. I don't want this to happen and that's why I asked Kibum that question. At least I would not feel guilty for Kyuhyun if I do so."

"Why did you fall in love with me, Donghae? Is it because I am good with you since I help you and all? If yes, then why are you so easy to fall in love with someone, Lee Donghae?"

"Kyu Jhi..."

"Why do you have to fall in love with me when you are actually supposed to look for the one you love? Why Donghae????"

"Kyu Jhi..." Donghae could never continue his speech.

"You should not be like this, Donghae." Kyuhyun knew that Donghae loved him but this time he was someone else. Despite the truth that he was Kyuhyun, the one that Donghae loved, he thought that Donghae was very easy to fall in love with someone else.

Donghae approached Kyuhyun and held his hands. "It is because when we are holding hands like this, or when you hugged me, I could feel something strange inside my heart as if telling me that you are…Kyuhyun." Donghae honestly explained to Kyuhyun what he felt.

Kyuhyun was stunned by Donghae’s last statement. He couldn't think properly and his head was full of questions but he also felt thankful for what he just heard. He realized that it was his fault for misunderstanding Donghae’s feeling. He was too scared that Donghae fell in love with Kyu Jhi, instead of Kyuhyun. He wanted Donghae to love him as Kyuhyun. Yet, he forgot that no matter what his name was, Donghae’s heart would still recognize him as the one his heart belongs to. He was so close to tears but he didn't want Donghae to see him crying. He grabbed Donghae and pulled him to his embrace and then kissed him passionately. Donghae was shocked at first but he didn't stop Kyuhyun.

After they separated, Kyuhyun looked closely to Donghae. Donghae didn't say anything and waited for Kyuhyun to talk. A few minutes later, Kyuhyun stepped back.

"Donghae, I hope you forget what just happened between us. Lets assume that nothing happened just now. Forget what I just did to you." Kyuhyun pleaded.

"Kyu Jhi..."

"I have to go, get back before Hyukjae find you. I’ll see you tomorrow, Donghae." Kyuhyun quickly left Donghae without wanting to hear anything Donghae would say to him.

Donghae just stared back at Kyuhyun from behind. "Why I always feel...that you are Kyuhyun? Why?"

***

Kyuhyun didn't anticipate that Donghae would recognize him as Kyuhyun. Initially, he didn't get it why Donghae was in love with Kyu Jhi until he heard Donghae told him that he could feel Kyuhyun in KyuJhi. He felt so moved by the love they shared that was so strong. He was so deep in his thought that he failed to find Ryeowook had came to his room and now was staring at him.

"I heard from Sungmin that Hyukjae will go to his parents tonight. We can use this chance for our next plan." Wooky said but he got no response from Kyuhyun. "Sungmin will come with us." He continued nonetheless. Kyuhyun remained silent.

"Kyuhyun-ah, lets forget what had happened yesterday, okay? We need to stay focus on helping Donghae. I don't care where this will lead us to, I just want to help him till the end. I know how you feel, Kyu. But please don't forget that Donghae loves you and its only you."

"I know." Kyuhyun finally replied but only briefly. "What's the plan?" Kyuhyun asked.

"Tonight, we’ll go to Yesung’s since that’s the safest place we have so far. Sungmin will be there with us as well as Kibum." Wooky explained the plan for that night.

Kyuhyun was a bit confused of why everyone would be gathered there.

"Why is Kibum also with us? I mean, what for?" Kyuhyun asked curiously.

"I will gather all the people tonight. This is not just my idea, but Sungmin, Yesung hyung and Kibum also gave me this idea."

"I still don't understand."

"We will bring Donghae to meet Siwon tonight." Wooky answered and Kyuhyun went shocked.

"This soon? I don't think we have to rush this."

"The sooner the better."

"No! I don’t want to hurt Donghae!"

"Maybe he'll get hurt a little but trust me, all will go well." Wooky said before he left Kyuhyun alone.

Kyuhyun tried to think if that night Donghae met Siwon, it would be the hardest day for him and Donghae. Although Kyuhyun wanted Donghae to remember everything, he could not deny the feeling of fear that disturbing him. He was pretty sure that Siwon would tell Donghae everything about how jerk he was as Donghae’s boyfriend in the past. Kyuhyun face-palmed, he could not imagine Donghae’s reaction when he heard this fact. Nonetheless, he had to face this cause there was no way he could avoid it.

____

 

All gathered at Yesung’s apartment. In addition to Yesung and Shindong, Kibum was there too. Sungmin came with Donghae, and Kyuhyun with Ryeowook. They tried to help Donghae to recall small memories while they were waiting for Siwon to make his arrival. Compared to everyone there, Kyuhyun was the only one who worried the most. He was afraid that something unexpected would happen beyond his control.

The doorbell rang to tell everyone of someone’s arrival, and everyone knew it was Choi Siwon. Yesung opened the door and invited Siwon to come in. Once Siwon was inside, all eyes on him, especially Donghae’s. Donghae tried so hard to recall something or anything about the latter that stared back at him with dismay. But to his chagrin, he couldn't remember even a tiny thing.

On the other hand, Siwon hardly believed he saw Donghae before his eyes, someone who he had hurt and treated unfairly too many times. Then, he saw Kyuhyun who didn't even bother to acknowledge his existence. He knew exactly how Kyuhyun hated him.

They all sat in the living room and surrounded by awkward feelings until Siwon started to talk.

"First of all, I want to ask Donghae’s forgiveness. I have been looking for you all this time, Donghae. I want to sincerely apologize for what I had done to you back then. Hyukjae has forbidden me to meet you when I came to your place. Since you are here now, I am so sorry Donghae. Please forgive me." Siwon said his apologize and only earned a nod from Donghae since Donghae didn't understand what he was saying.

"Emm. I’m sorry but who are you?" Donghae asked.

"I am Choi Siwon." Siwon answered him.

"Are you my friend?"

"I think I need to explain it to you from the beginning. So, we were good friends, three of us, you, me and Hyukjae. We lived together in a shared apartment. Hyukjae and I fell in love and we became lovers."

"So you are Hyukjae hyung ex-boyfriend?" Siwon nodded.

"Then, you met Kyuhyun and befriended with him. Soon after, you guys fell in love and became lovers too. Since then, Kyuhyun moved in with us. Until I lost my feelings for Hyukjae and feel in love with Kyuhyun." Siwon glanced at Kyuhyun who still acted like a statue. No response at all.  

"Then I betrayed Hyukjae by constantly making out with Kyuhyun. I was so bad that I didn't even care about you. Since Kyuhyun reciprocated my feeling, Kyuhyun and I had an affair behind you and Hyukjae’s backs" Siwon paused.

Donghae was too surprised of what Siwon said and his hands shook firmly.

"But, after one year, Hyukjae found out about our affair. He hated me so much because of that but he didn't tell you anything too, maybe because he didn't care anymore about me."

Donghae thought, maybe that was the reason why Hyukjae hated Kyuhyun so much.

"Did I finally find it out too?" Donghae asked calmly though his heart was beating erratically.

"Yes. You did and you were so mad at Kyuhyun, but you gave him another chance nonetheless. You made him to choose between you and me. However, there was a misunderstanding happened that caused you to left and broke up with Kyuhyun."

"Kyuhyun did not choose either of us? I thought he loved me? Was it a lie?" Donghae started to feel disappointed.

Kyuhyun quickly looked at Donghae anxiously.

"No, that was true." Siwon said.

"So what?"

"Let me continue the story first, Donghae." Siwon begged and Donghae nodded. "After you broke up with Kyuhyun, you never met each other. Then I heard you were sick. Kyuhyun came to you and asked for a second chance. You accepted him and got back together again. However, there were so many obstacles in your relationship. Kyuhyun chose to pursue his dream of becoming a pianist in New York and left you alone. After that, you met Yesung and Shindong hyung, and worked together at Seoul café. I assume you already know about the rest of the story, right?" Donghae nodded.

"When Kyuhyun came back to Seoul, he met you but you hated him so much. Since I knew you didn't get back together, I thought I could have Kyuhyun for myself because I was still in love with him. However, the more I tried, the more he hated me and pushed me away. I was so mad because of that. I was so jealous because he loved you so much and he had only you in his heart."

Donghae sighed softly and felt his heart aching. His head felt so heavy and dizzy. He tried to hold it on because he wanted to hear everything.

"Jealousy drove me mad and made me kidnap you."

"You stabbed me, didn't you?" Donghae said, his voice trembling.

Siwon nodded slowly.

"And Kyuhyun revenged to you?" Donghae continued.

"You know about that?" Siwon surprised.

"Sungmin hyung told me."

"I'm sorry Donghae, I’m so sorry for what I had done to you." Siwon apologized many times.

"What happened after that?" Donghae’s head started to feel dizzier, his face turned pale and his body was trembling.

"Then..."

"STOP THIS!!!" Kyuhyun suddenly shouted.

"No, please go on." Donghae pleaded. He suddenly stood up and approached Siwon to beg him to continue the story. Kyuhyun and Sungmin quickly moved to bring Donghae back to the seat but Donghae insisted.

"This is enough, Donghae." Sungmin said.

"We can always continue this later, calm down Donghae." Kibum talked because he started to worry about Donghae’s condition too.

"No. I want to hear everything now!!!"

Donghae tried to rebel and move forward to Siwon. He kept begging Siwon to continue the story. Siwon looks puzzled and worried at the same time. He wanted to continue and end all, but Kyuhyun's gaze made him so damn scared. Yesung tried to make Siwon silent and stop talking while Shindong and Wooky just watched. However in a sudden, they heard someone opened the door harshly.

"WHAT ARE YOU DOING HERE DONGHAE????"

It was Hyukjae. He shouted loudly making everyone surprised by his sudden arrival.

"Hyukjae Hyung?" Donghae said worriedly.

Hyukjae saw Kyuhyun and Sungmin were holding Donghae. He moved toward them and pulled Kyuhyun and Sungmin’s hands away from Donghae.

"Let's go home." Hyukjae dragged Donghae towards the door, but Donghae didn’t want to go.

"What are you doing here? Secretly going out while I’m away? What are you doing with all these people here?" Hyukjae was very angry.

"They just want to help me, hyung."

"Help you? What for?"

"To restore my memories back. To remember everything about Kyuhyun." Donghae replied him.

Hyukjae looked at one by one of all the people that were there until his eyes laid on someone, it was Kyuhyun. Then Hyukjae suddenly laughed and after that he said, "Remember everything about Kyuhyun?"

"Yes. They are helping me to find Kyuhyun too." Donghae’s answer only made Hyukjae to laugh harder. Everyone panicked, especially Kyuhyun. He was afraid Hyukjae would ruin everything since he didn't about their plan.

"Knock it off. Let's go home." Hyukjae tried to drag Donghae again but Donghae did not comply with him.

"Hyung, I want to remember everything. I want to remember Kyuhyun. I beg you, hyung."

"DO YOU WANT TO MEET HIM RIGHT NOW???" Hyukjae yelled at him and forcefully pulled Donghae and made him winced in pain.

Seeing what Hyukjae did to Donghae, Kyuhyun immediately pried Hyukjae’s grip from Donghae. "Will you at least be gentle with him?" Kyuhyun began to lose his control even though he was afraid inside.

"Why? Do you care about him?" Hyukjae mocked him.

"Of course I do!"

"If you do really care about him, YOU DON'T LIE IN FRONT OF HIS FACE!" Hyukjae screamed at Kyuhyun.

Kyuhyun wanted to reply him but he chose not to because it could jeopardize his plan.

Donghae stared at them and felt confused. He did not understand why they fought like that. Hyukjae grabbed Donghae’s hand and harshly pulled him again.

"Hyung, it is hurt!" Donghae tried to break free from Hyukjae’s grip.

"LET HIM GO!!" Kyuhyun shouted.

"DON'T SHOUT AT ME, YOU JERK!"

Everyone started to panic but none of them dared to move.

"Hyung, why are you so angry with him? He just wants to help me." Donghae asked nervously.

"Help you? Who? Him?" Hyukjae pointed at Kyuhyun.

"Hyukjae, please calm down, will you?" Sungmin begged.

"You make me disappointed Sungmin." Hyukjae answered him.

"Hyung, it's all my fault. Please don't be mad at Sungmin hyung and the others. Especially Kyu Jhi." Donghae pleaded.

"Kyu Jhi?" Hyukjae asked while glancing at Kyuhyun. "Who is Kyu Jhi? Do you mean him?" he pointed to Kyuhyun.

Kyuhyun swore he couldn't feel his heart beating anymore.

"Why I should not be mad at him? Of all people here, he is the one who deserved to be mad at!"

"But why is that?"

Hyukjae laughed.

"Donghae, you need to know something." Hyukjae said after he broke off his laugh.

Knowing what Hyukjae were going to say, Kyuhyun put Donghae away from Hyukjae and he whispered to Hyukjae,  "I beg you, Hyukjae. Don't tell him anything."

Yet, Hyukjae didn't even care about his beg. "Donghae, you said you want to meet Kyuhyun, right? Then why don't you say something to him?" Hyukjae spoke and his eyes pointedly stared at Kyuhyun.

Kyuhyun went panic.

"LEE HYUK JAE!" Sungmin tried to halt Hyukjae.

"What do you mean, hyung?" Donghae didn't understand. His body went limp and he felt dizzy.

"Cho Kyu Hyun..." Hyukjae continued.

"Hyukjae!!" It was Kibum’s turn to shout.

"Cho Kyu Hyun is here. He is one of us."

Donghae surprised.

"No! You are lying. It is impossible." Donghae said and his head grew dizzier and aching.

"Hyukjae, I’m begging you. Please stop this." Sungmin moved forward and grabbed Hyukjae’s hem.

Kyuhyun couldn't say nor do anything, he just stared at Hyukjae silently and watched him expectantly.

"He is Cho Kyu Hyun! He is right in front of me now!" Hyukjae said furiously.

Donghae startled and looked up at Kyuhyun in disbelief. Someone who was always there by his side all the time, the one he kissed and made him falling in love again, was Cho Kyuhyun. The one he had been searching for was there in front of him. Cho Kyu Jhi was Cho Kyu Hyun. Everything was twisted. He felt so numb. He couldn't register anything inside his head once the truth was revealed because he only remembered his body went limp and he passed out.

 

TO BE CONTINUED

Hi all kyuhae readers, this is kyuloveshae^^ sorry for took it so long to update the story. My final exams are coming so wish me luck everyone! thanks! So, it means that the next chapter will not be posted soon. Sorry :( Looking forward for your lovely comments^^

P.S: The author (stranger1503) posted this chapter earlier but we found out that there was a missing part so i fixed it and now the whole chapter had been posted correctly.