Remember Me, If You Can

When Love Is Reborn

 

"You, know me?" Donghae stared at the man in front of him. He hardly believed it since he couldn’t recognize the latter.

"You, don't know who I am?" Kyuhyun asked and confused.

"No. What is it? We met before? Or are we friends? "Donghae tried to find out. He looked confused as well.

The two simply looked at each other for a moment. Donghae still in confusion cause he thought he never knew the man who was standing in front of him. On the other side, Kyuhyun looked sad and puzzled, he was wondering on why Donghae acted like that. Then he started to talk again to confirm his thought.

"What is this? Do you hate me so much so you have to pretend that you don’t know me? "

"I am not pretending, but..."

"I know I had made a lot of mistakes. You deserve to hate me, but I don't think you could act like this to me "

"Hey, I don’t know you. Really. Believe me "

"I tried to forget you, Donghae, even until this very moment. But I never forced myself to completely forget about you. Seeing you acting like this, I really cannot believe it. Do you really honestly hate me?"

"Please believe me. I.... "

"Okay. As of this minute, I will...and I have to forget you " Kyuhyun walked away. But soon his steps stopped because of Donghae’s words.

"I’ve lost my memory. So I cannot remember anyone. What happened in the past, with whom I befriended, even at first I did not know who I was. Sorry, if I have offended you" Donghae felt disappointed for making Kyuhyun mad.

Kyuhyun turned around. Initially he did not believe it, but he knew how Donghae is. His eyes show everything and can be easily read through, even only with a glance. Donghae did not lie.

"You’ve lost your memory? Why? What happened?"

"Accident. I don't know exactly what happened. I was just told that I had an accident three years ago "

"Three years ago?"

"Yes. I can't remember anything ever since. So, I'm sorry for making you upset." Donghae apologized.

"I ... I ... Well, this is not your fault. I should not be mad at you. I was just shocked"

"It's okay. So, were we friends? Were you my friend? " Donghae asked with a smile.

Kyuhyun did not know how to respond. He was afraid of making another mistakes. So he just nodded. "Yes. I was one of your friends "

"What's your name?" Donghae wanted to know.

"Cho Kyu..." Kyuhyun suddenly stopped. He could not tell Donghae that he was Kyuhyun because Hyukjae would try to take Donghae away as far as possible to avoid him.

"Cho Kyu...?" Donghae expectantly repeated.

"My name is... Cho Kyu Jhi"

"Cho Kyu Jhi...? Ahh, I'm Lee Dong Hae. I'm sure you already know my name. Hehehe" Donghae felt comfortable and calm knowing he just encountered his old friend.

Donghae invited Kyuhyun to sit on a bench at the park to help him to recall his memories and to tell him about their past. Kyuhyun was initially hesitant, but he accepted the offer anyway. All that Kyuhyun said was not entirely true. Needless to say that most was lies, but Kyuhyun did tell the truth about their friendship in the past.

"So, we were good friends. Seeing how disappointed you are, I'm sure we were very close" Donghae smiled. Kyuhyun looked at Donghae with a sad look, knowing even when he had left Donghae, Donghae was always in trouble and pain.

"Donghae, do you still live with Hyukjae and Sungmin? "Kyuhyun wanted to make sure.

"You know them as well? Ah, I'm more and more convinced that we were closed friends. Yes, I live with them. Not far from the park "

"I'm glad you're with them. Don't worry, they'll protect you "

"Eh??" Donghae didn't understand.

"I mean… They love you so much "Kyuhyun felt nervous.

"Exactly. They indeed love me. I've regarded them as my own family. They worried if I came home late, when I was sick or when I felt confused. Hyukjae hyung is very protective, he always told me not to go anywhere. But, Sungmin hyung is always there for me. I'm very fond of them" Donghae smiled remembering Hyukjae and Sungmin.

"May I ask you something? What are you doing now? Working? Or do something else?" Kyuhyun was curious.  

Hearing Kyuhyun question, Donghae’s smile faded. "I don’t do anything. I even cannot do anything. After all, Hyukjae-hyung doesn’t allow me to do anything" Donghae bite his lip. Kyuhyun saw it, a typical gesture of Donghae when he felt uneasy. He knew because he was very familiar with Donghae.

"Why?" Kyuhyun became more curious.

"It’s because, as you can see, I cannot remember anything" Donghae replied, his eyes focused on the scene before him.

Kyuhyun did not understand. From the very beginning, he could not understand why Donghae was not allowed to go around, why Hyukjae became so protective towards Donghae, why Donghae could not have a job, and why he could not remember anything. Kyuhyun wanted to know more, but Donghae’s expression changed to unhappy. Kyuhyun shut his mouth and stopped asking.

"Donghae, do you often come to this park?"

"Yes. I always come here every afternoon. What is it? "

"I hope we could talk more here…" Kyuhyun smiled, he was excited to meet with Donghae without having a fight like they did back then. Kyuhyun was determined to come and see Donghae every afternoon at the park.

It doesn’t matter if you forget me Donghae, it doesn’t matter if you don't remember anything about me. What matters to me is you are at my side. I’ll make new memories with you as Cho Kyu Jhi”, Kyuhyun thought to himself.

___

                                                                        

Hyukjae was panic. It was nearly dark but Donghae had not yet back home. Sungmin tried to calm him and assured that Donghae was okay. Since the incident three years ago, Hyukjae began to worry every time Donghae disappeared from his view. He knew he was overreacting, but he could not help himself, his worries about Donghae were so great. After thinking for a while, Hyukjae took his jacket and walked out from the house to find Donghae. But when he opened the door, he saw someone whom he hated the most was standing in front of the door. Both were surprised. Seeing Hyukjae stopped his moves, Sungmin tried to have a look and was surprised by the person’s arrival.

"Choi Si Won..." Sungmin said cautiously.  Soon after that, Hyukjae quickly pushed Siwon to go.

"Why are you here? How did you get here?" Hyukjae tried to hold back his anger.

"Hyukjae I came here for..."

"Go!!!! Just go!!!! I don't want to see your face again, don't you ever dare to appear in front of me again" Hyukjae was constantly pushing Siwon to go. Sungmin tried to soothe him to stop pushing Siwon.

"Take it easy, Hyukjae. Let Siwon talks"

"Lee Sung Min, you're crazy! He is a jerk! He tried to kill my Donghae. You don’t let this people roam around us, he's dangerous!" Hyukjae shouted.

"Hyukjae, I know, but please calm down and let him talk "

"LEE SUNG MIN!!" Hyukjae screamed.

"Hyukjae. I know he's evil. He's a jerk. But you cannot behave like this "

"I don't care!"

"Hyukjae, I came here to apologize to Donghae" Siwon tried to talk.

"You think he'll forgive you? Will never "Hyukjae replied sarcastically.

"I know he is not going to forgive me. But I sincerely want to apologize. I want to meet Donghae and ask for his apologize in a person "

"I'll never let you to meet him"

"Siwon, how did you know we lived here? Who told you? "Sungmin wanted to know.

"No one told me. I made someone to track you down and find Donghae. Finally, I got this address" Siwon answered honestly.

"You wanted to find Donghae to hurt him again?" Hyukjae asked.

"No, Hyukjae. I am looking for Donghae to apologize. Actually, three years ago, I wanted to apologize. However, you took Donghae away, and no one knew where you took him"

"You know, when I heard this from Wooky that you were the one who hurt Donghae, I really wanted to go after you to stab you and do what you did to him"

"Hyukjae..." Sungmin patted Hyukjae’s shoulder.

"Ahhh...and now you're here. Don’t you think that I could grab a knife from the kitchen and stab you here? If you're afraid, go away then" Hyukjae threatened.

"Someone had paid it back for Donghae. He stabbed me just as I did to Donghae. In fact, he had to endure it all to what I had done. I felt ashamed and guilty. I was a coward. When he handed himself to the police after stabbing me, I remembered what he said to me for the last time that I have to apologize to Donghae and beg for his forgiveness" Siwon made it clear. Hyukjae and Sungmin looked at each other.

"Who is he?" Sungmin asked.

"You don't know about this?" Siwon was confused. He thought Hyukjae and Sungmin had already known about it.

"Tell me who it was?" Hyukjae couldn’t wait anymore.

"Siwon, who is he?" Sungmin asked again.

"He, he is Cho Kyu Hyun"

There was a pause after Siwon said that Kyuhyun was the one who revenge him. Sungmin was surprised, but he remained calm. Although he was not convinced at first, he was sure if there was only one person who would take revenge on Siwon, then it must be Kyuhyun. On the other hand, Hyukjae was out of his mind. He was silent and immediately covered his mouth, without saying anything he entered the house. Siwon tried to chase him, but Sungmin prevented him from doing so.

"Leave him alone" Sungmin begged.

"But I have to..."

"I beg you Siwon. Hyukjae not only hates you but he also hates Kyuhyun, because he thought Kyuhyun had hurt Donghae for too many times. I’m sure what you said earlier had surprised him. He doesn’t believe what I said..." Sungmin smiled

"You said what?"

"I always told him that Kyuhyun was not a bad guy, he never tried to hurt Donghae. All he did was for Donghae’s sake but he only did it at the wrong way" Sungmin explained.

"Yes, you're right. I'm aware of it. Kyuhyun loved Donghae" Siwon lowered his head.

"If you knew about it, I hope you will stop to ruin their relationship. Ah, can you tell me where Kyuhyun is jailed? I think we would meet him"

"Kyuhyun had been released from the jail. I tried to visit him when he was in prison but he never wanted to see me. Until the last time I came, the police said Kyuhyun was free. I searched him at his apartment but I couldn't find him there. I only met RyeoWook, he lives at Kyuhyun’s apartement".

"Did RyeoWook know where Kyuhyun lives or whether he had returned to New York?” Sungmin wanted to know.

"RyeoWook told me nothing. He just told me to stop looking for Kyuhyun"

"If he was in jail, it means he didn’t go back to New York and continue his concert. Then how about his career as a pianist?"

"Because of me, he had lost his career. He lost his dream. The news of a pianist attempted a murder had been widely spread over the Internet. It caused him to lost everything. All because of me" Siwon felt very sorry. Sungmin was quite surprised to hear Siwon’s explanation, but then he laughed, making Siwon felt confused with his sudden action.

"Why are you laughing?" Siwon asked.

"God is not fair, is He? The one who started it all was you. You were the one who stabbed Donghae. You were the one who made a pianist into a criminal. The one who made a pianist lost his career and had to endure it all. It's very funny. Why? Why was not you in the jail? Why it wasn’t you who lost his dreams, WHY IT WASN’T YOU WHO SUFFERED FROM A PATHETIC DISEASE!!!!" Sungmin initially wanted to restrain his anger, but he couldn’t when he thought about Donghae.

"Lee Sung Min…" Siwon shakily saw at Sungmin’s action.

"Donghae and Kyuhyun should have had a happy life now. Hyukjae and me should have lived in peace, but because of you, Donghae had turned into a pathetic person. And because of you, I never be able to stop crying between those two closed friend whose soul and heart are destroyed" Sungmin could not careless if he cried in front of Siwon. He just wanted to throw out those words from his head. Sungmin went back into the house and closed the door leaving a confused Siwon.

___

 

"Thanks for walked me home. Do you want to come in? Hyukjae and Sungmin hyung would love to meet you" Donghae offered kyuhyun.

"I have to go home. Next time, okay?" Kyuhyun answered him. He was eager to accept Donghae’s offer but he would not be able to meet Donghae again if he took it.

"Go. Hyukjae would be mad at you if you're coming home late"

"All right.  Jhikyu...bye bye" Donghae went slowly leaving Kyuhyun, waved his hand. Kyuhyun replied it with a smile until Donghae disappeared from his view.

Kyuhyun knew it was hard for him. There were two options that he could go for. First, forget about Donghae or go back to him. If Kyuhyun had to forget about Donghae, it would be very difficult for himself. However it would be hard for Donghae if he decided to go back to him since Donghae did not remember anything about him. Kyuhyun convinced him-self that he could come back to Donghae and made a good start again.

" It's like a love that is being reborn" Kyuhyun said and smiled to himself.

___

"No!" said Hyukjae, when Sungmin asked Hyukjae to tell Donghae all about Kyuhyun.

"Why? What do you want to hide away from Donghae? Kyuhyun didn’t try to hurt Donghae, Hyukjae. He even made a revenge for what Siwon did to Donghae. He also lost his career. Yet, you still want to hide about Kyuhyun from Donghae" Sungmin was very impatient.

"I don't hide him from Donghae, Sungmin. I just cannot explain anything. I'm not ready. If we tell about Kyuhyun, we might as well begin to tell everything. His love that was so strong, his suffering, as well as the betrayal he got. It's not easy for me"

"Lee Hyuk Jae. Doctor may diagnose Donghae is difficult to healed. Maybe you would not believe it if he can get back to normal quickly. But I'm sure, to tell everything about Kyuhyun will make Donghae get well soon" Sungmin tried to assure Hyukjae.

"Why are you so sure?" Hyukjae was surprised.

"First. Donghae did not experience an accident like we told him. Second. Donghae did not get injured on his head. Third. The memory lost was not because a head trauma, doctor said it was due to emotionally shaken." Sungmin tried to explain.

"Donghae doesn’t suffer from a common amnesia that has an ability to form new memories. What Donghae has can’t form any single memory that will last over a day. Donghae would die without his diary" Sungmin confirmed.

Hyukjae looked at Sungmin sharply. "What do you mean?"

"Donghae is alive because he has the diary with him. If the diary was lost, what else does he have? A life needs memory. A life without memory means you're dead"

"LEE SUNG MIN, WHAT EXACTLY ARE YOU TRYING TO TELL ME??" Hyukjae shouted it out loud.

"JUST TELL DONGHAE EVERYTHING ABOUT CHO KYU HYUN!!" Sungmin yelled at him.

"Cho Kyu Hyun?? Who is Cho Kyu Hyun?"

Hyukjae and Sungmin stared at each other and looked up to the man who standing in the middle of the room.

 It was Donghae. 

 

TO BE CONTINUE

 

A/n : Sorry to all readers. This came to be so long kekekeke .... but you can see, chapter 3 coming here.

I never want to bother anyone. even if I did, they were never to feel sorry. but, I've had so much trouble my co-workers @kyuloveshae, so I want to apologize to her. sorry dear, I did not stop bothering and troubling.