chapter four

SM District

CHAPTER FOUR;

maturity has nothing to do with growing up.


 

“I can’t believe you.”

 

Sulli slammed the book onto the table, grouchily taking a seat across from Minho. He looked up, confused, closing his laptop.

 

“Can’t believe me what?” He asked, and she scowled at him. He nonchalantly took a sip from his coffee, and she had half a mind to dump it over his head.

 

“Don’t play dumb with me,” she snapped. “You told Taemin! Now where am I supposed to hide?”

 

Minho laughed, setting his drink down on the table, grabbing Sulli’s book and flipping through the pages. “Did I do that? Oops, my bad.” He grinned mischievously at Sulli, and she snatched the book back, smacking him in the head with it. He winced, rubbing his head. “Ow.”

 

“I seriously, seriously cannot believe you. You , Mr. Choi Minho. Aren’t you on my side?”

 

“...Well...”

 

“YAH!”


 

 


 


 

Krystal looked up when she heard the familiar sound of the bell ringing, frowning when she saw who was at the door. He smiled and waved, and she looked away, busying herself with the pastries nearby.

 

Kai clucked his tongue. “That’s rude,” he chided. “You ought to say hello to your customers.”

 

“You’re not a customer,” she responded moodily, but he just chuckled, taking a seat at the counter nearby.

 

“Are you in a bad mood?” He asked, sighing a little. He jut out his lower lip. “Poor baby.”

 

Krystal tensed, trying to take hold of her temper, reeling it back in and readily ignoring him. He smiled slightly, observing her as she carefully placed each cupcake on the display, her frown contrasting against the bright, happy colors of the treats.

 

The bell chimed again, signalling another customer, and Krystal looked up with a polite smile. “Hi, welcome to-- Sehun!” Her expression immediately brightened, and Kai frowned a little, quickly hiding it with a smile of his own as he nodded towards Sehun.

 

“Welcome to Sehun?” Sehun said, smirking slightly. “You know, I kind of like how that sounds. Welcome to...Sehun.” He his lower lip seductively and Krystal rolled her eyes, throwing a table washcloth at him. He caught it easily, grinning and setting it down on the table before turning to Kai.

 

“No girl today, Kai?” he asked casually, ignoring the way Krystal glared pointedly at him, picking the washcloth up once more to throw it at her friend. He blocked it, and Kai shrugged, drumming his fingers against the counter.

 

“Krystal’s a girl,” he responded, and Sehun hummed, accepting the answer.

 

“Fair enough. You enjoying Kai’s presence, Krys?” Sehun smirked, and the glare he received in return was all the answer he needed before he backed off, laughing. “I guess not.”

 

“What are you doing here, anyway?” she asked, sliding a tray of cakes into the display case. Sehun eyed the freshly made sweets, resting his hands on the table.

 

“Lu Han hyung wanted some cookies or whatever, so I thought I’d drop by,” He answered, moving over towards the baked goods. “The guy has such a sweet tooth, I swear. Even though he’s so old already...” Sehun hummed, brushing his fingers over the glass as his eyes darted back and forth eagerly.

 

You have a sweet tooth,” Krystal laughed. “You look like you want to eat everything in there, Sehun.” He looked up sheepishly, straightening himself.

 

“Do you sell bubble tea, Krys?” He asked, beaming childishly. Krystal rolled her eyes, nodding.

 

“One chocolate bubble tea, right? What does Lu Han oppa want?” She asked, turning towards the back of the kitchen.

 

“Taro~” Sehun sang, totally ignoring Kai’s exasperated sigh at the younger. Krystal disappeared to the back to make Sehun’s order and Sehun immediately turned towards Kai, raising an eyebrow as he took a seat beside the elder.

 

“So,” he said, and Kai raised an eyebrow, propping his chin against his palm. “What’s up?”

 

“Um, the ceiling,” Kai said dryly. He’d known Sehun long enough to know that the boy was awful at hiding what he really wanted to get at. Sehun groaned, covering his eyes with his hand.

 

“You could at least come up with something creative,” he whined, looking at Kai again.

 

“Lights are up too,” Kai responded helpfully, and Sehun flicked a crumb that Krystal had missed towards his friend, to which Kai just grinned, considering Sehun’s poor aim as the crumb disappeared onto the floor.

 

“You ,” he grumbled, brushing his hands on his pants. “Maybe I should rephrase my question. What’s up with you and Krystal?”

 

“Uh...she hates me?” Kai answered, arching an eyebrow. “Isn’t it obvious?”

 

“Then why are you here? Krystal’s vicious, you know that, right?” Sehun said, wincing slightly. The last time Krystal had been angry at him, she’d hit him so hard, he’d felt the bruise for weeks.

 

“Because it’s fun to bug her,” Kai shrugged. “And she’s not that ‘vicious.’ You’re just weak, Oh Sehun,” Kai grinned, and Sehun deadpanned, ready to come back with a retort when Krystal appeared back at the counter.

 

“One chocolate, one taro,” Krystal said, placing the two drinks at the counter. “Anything else, Se-brat?”

 

“I am not a brat,” he said defensively. “But a chocolate cupcake would be nice.”


 

 


 


 

“You are such a brat,” Krystal muttered, as Sehun happily munched on a cupcake. He’d ended up buying four of them, one for Lu Han, and...three for himself.

 

“I’m not,” he said cheerfully, swinging the bag a little as the pair headed towards the athletics department, where Lu Han was probably kicking a ball around on the soccer field. If he wasn’t at class or in the dorms, he was usually on the field, practicing.

 

Krystal sighed, not up to debating with Sehun, whose steps were light as they entered the field, heading up towards the stands to wait until Lu Han had finished with his practice. Krystal spotted Sulli sitting on the edge, a book in her hands, but for once, she wasn’t reading it, instead watching Lu Han kick the ball around.

 

“How long have you been here?” Krystal asked, plopping down beside her friend. Sehun sat beside her, setting the taro bubble tea on the bleachers seat.

 

“Oh, hey,” Sulli said, her eyes still on Lu Han, who kicked ball after ball into the goal. “I don’t know. A while? He dragged me away ‘cause I was beating up Minho oppa.”

 

“You’re not reading, though?” Sehun asked, not overly concerned for Minho. It was too much of a common occurrence for either Krystal or Sehun to be worried about Minho’s health.

 

“I finished the book,” Sulli explained. “So I’m watching him play. He told me not to leave, so...”

 

Sehun arched an eyebrow. “And since when have you listened to what Lu Han hyung says?”

 

“Since I found out how much fun it is watching him trip over his own shoelaces when he plays,” Sulli grinned. “Even for team captain he forgets to tie his shoelaces when he practices.”

 

The three of them turned to look at Lu Han, who was still intently practicing, this time dribbling the ball between his feet. He kicked it up, bouncing the ball from one knee to the other, his expression concentrated solely on the ball. Lu Han had come into SMU for not just his smarts, but for his soccer talents. His passion had always been in the game, and would probably always be with it.

 

Sehun stood, jumping down the steps until he reached the bottom. “Hey, hyung!” He shouted, and Lu Han let the ball drop, stopping it under his foot as he turned to Sehun. Sehun waved the taro bubble tea around and a bright grin formed on the older’s face as he ran towards his favorite dongsaeng, dribbling the ball with him as he went.

 

“You got me bubble tea!” He beamed, taking the cup from Sehun, who smiled back.

 

“Yeah hyung, now stop practicing. Let’s go bother Suho hyung!”


 

 


 


 

AUTHOR’S NOTES;

yep, suho’s introduction is coming up! i’m just trying to get all of the characters introduced, their friendships and groups established so you can see how everything is connected...and soon, how the plot comes in..

 

but hey, let’s talk about sestal and sekai.. isn’t sehun such a cheeky little brat, this guy.. the way he acts with krystal, isn’t it cute =w= and the way he talks to kai LOL kai ain’t takin none of his bs xP

 

and then there’s lu han and sulli, plus minho and sulli..idk i just love sulli/boys relationships.. she’s so nice and so mean to them at the same time hehe :D

 

but yeah, guys, comments are, of course, appreciated~! :DD


p.s. it’s pretty fluffy now, but don’t worry...the angst will be coming.. the drama.. :o