chapter three

SM District

CHAPTER THREE;

how many ways can you say the same words?


 

“So,” Minho said, smirking a little. “How’s it going, Taeminnie?”

 

“Don’t call me that,” Taemin muttered, having finally caught his breath. “God, how does someone so small run so fast?

 

Minho laughed, throwing an arm around the younger. He probably could’ve stopped Sulli; a single call and she would’ve turned around long enough for Taemin to catch up to her. But he let her go, because it was just so much more enjoyable to watch Taemin sputter and whine as he came to a stop, heaving huge breaths as he weakly called out to the girl, barely managing to say her name in one breath.

 

“She’s actually not very fast,” Minho grinned. “And she’s not all that small for a girl, either. You’re just out of shape.” He snickered when Taemin turned to glare at him, hitting him in the arm.

 

“Ssul,” he mocked, bent over slightly, reaching one arm out with the other pressed against his chest. “S-Sul..li...Sul...wait...” He made dramatic, gasping breaths and Taemin hit his hyung again, harder, pouting a little.

 

“Shut up! Just because you’re like some kind of world class athlete doesn’t mean everyone is!” Taemin’s shoulders slumped as he gazed in the direction where Sulli had been just moments ago, before she turned the corner and disappeared into some building.

 

Minho chuckled, debating whether or not to tell his friend where Sulli went to hide out every day. Taemin looked so disappointed as he crouched down wrapping his arms around his knees, his hair falling over his eyes. He’d been chasing after Sulli, quite literally, ever since she’d been assigned as his lab partner from the beginning of the year. Minho had no idea why he was so persistent, but he was, and it was the first time Taemin had actually cared about something since he started dancing.

 

He sighed. Sorry Sulli. “I can tell you where she goes,” he said. “But if you piss her off again, you might want to re-evaluate your life choices.”

 

Taemin perked up, then frowned, confused. “Really? Wait, why?”

 

“Because you’ve been kicked out of the library twice and they’re seriously considering putting up a sign to watch out for you,” Minho deadpanned. “It’s a library. That means be quiet, Taem. That’s why she goes there, she knows you’re anything but quiet.”

 

But Taemin didn’t stick around to listen to Minho’s explanations, instead bolting off in search of the campus library. “Thanks hyung!” He yelled out as he skidded around the corner. “I owe you one!”

 

Minho sighed.

 

“Maybe that was a bad idea...”

 

He shrugged. “Oh well.”


 

 


 


 

“We’re not having this conversation again,” Amber frowned. “He does not like me.”

 

Krystal groaned, running her hands through her hair. “He does! Dude, are you blind? You have a music prodigy practically bowing to your feet and you’re telling me he doesn’t like you? He gave you chocolates! On Valentine’s Day!”

 

“So? What is that supposed to mean?” Amber said, shoving her hands into her pockets. “He’s my friend. Luna made everyone chocolates and gave him some, does that mean she likes him?”

 

“That’s totally different,” Krystal muttered. “Ugh, you just don’t get it ‘cause he’s your best friend.”

 

“That’s exactly my point! He’s my best friend! We’re not-- hey, is that Taemin?”

 

The red-haired boy raced past the two girls, his sneakers hitting hard against the pavement before he nearly slammed into the library doors. He stumbled backwards a bit, enough to open the doors and slip inside, before starting to run again, zipping around the library. Krystal and Amber watched, amused, as he passed by the window several times, one time stopping to catch his breath.

 

“What’s he doing?” Amber laughed, as he appeared again in a window on the second floor, scratching the back of his head.

 

“Probably looking for Sulli. I guess Minho finally let slip that she hides in the library all the time,” Krystal snickered. “Should we help him?”

 

Amber hesitated.

 

“...Nah, he’s fine,” she said, as he ran past the window once more.


 

 


 


 

“Lu Han oppa! What are you doing here?” Sulli beamed, slightly out of breath. Lu Han raised an eyebrow, putting the book he had in his hand back on the shelf.

 

“Uh, finding a book for my research paper? Are you okay?” He asked worriedly, smiling awkwardly as Sulli collapsed into a chair, stretching her arms across the table as she caught her breath.

 

“Yeah I’m fine,” she said, sitting up again. Lu Han sat across from her, waiting expectantly for an explanation. “I’m just....running. Exercise, you know.”

 

“Or hiding,” Lu Han smirked, catching her lie immediately, and Sulli whined slightly, kicking him lightly in the shin.

 

“Does everybody know?” She asked hopelessly, and Lu Han grinned.

 

“For the most part,” he responded. “He’s a popular kid. Someone snapped a picture of the two of you running around, so it spread pretty fast.” Lu Han pulled out his phone, showing her the blurry picture on his screen. She was just slightly ahead of Taemin, whose arms were outstretched, reaching for the hood on her jacket. Sulli groaned, putting her head down against the table.

 

“Why me...” she whined.

 

“Aren’t you happy?” He laughed, ruffling her hair from across the table. “Most girls would be.”

 

“I’m not--”

 

“Who are you?”

 

Both Lu Han and Sulli turned, surprised, to find Taemin pointing at Lu Han with a frown on his face. “You’re not her boyfriend, right? She doesn’t have a boyfriend! You don’t have a boyfriend, right?” Taemin turned towards Sulli, aghast and slightly concerned. “Say you don’t!”

 

Lu Han snorted and Sulli glared at him, earning a cheeky smile in return.

 

“I...do,” Sulli said quickly, formulating a plan. “Yeah, actually, I do. So stop bothering me.”

 

“No you don’t,” Lu Han rolled his eyes, crumbling the plan to bits. She kicked him under the table, and he yelped, “She does, she does!”

 

Taemin raised an eyebrow. “Yeah? Who?” He challenged, and Sulli gave Lu Han a pointed look.

 

“Me?” He pointed to himself, surprised. “What? No!”

 

“Hannie!” She groaned, standing up. “You’re useless, Lu Han. God, I’m leaving.” She stormed out, and Taemin threw a confused look at the pink-haired boy who shrugged back at him. Taemin heaved a sigh and ran out once more, running after Sulli, who stalked angrily out of the entrance.

 

“Wait! Wait, wait, wait! Come on, Sulli! Choi Jinri! Just, hear me out, okay?” Taemin said desperately as he caught up to her, grabbing her by the wrist. Sulli shook him off, continuing to walk, but he grabbed her again, turning her so that she’d face him.

 

“Why do you hate me so much?” He huffed. “All I want is a date...”

 

“And I said no!” Sulli shot back. “How many times do you need to hear it?”

 

“..Until it starts sounding like yes? Wait, don’t walk away! I’m serious, just one! Just one date.” Taemin looked at her pleadingly, clasping his hands together. She stared at him, wondering how desperate he must have been to have been asking for so many months already, to have run all over campus just for an answer he’d already received multiple times.

 

She sighed. “Let me think....”

 

Taemin brightened.

 

“....No.”


 

 


 


 

AUTHOR’S NOTES;

sulli...why so ruthless... they’re so childish, i swear.. xD like little preschoolers hehehe

 

this chapter is like...all fluff... ^^ but anyway, lu han and amber have appeared! lu han/sulli will be developed more in the future, as well krystal/amber and sulli/amber, for that matter.

 

and oh, whoever could be that guy that likes amber~? i wonder~~~ ( * coughs * OT * hacks * P * coughcough * OTPPPP )



comments are always appreciated! =w=