Prologue

Looking for Angels [A Pandine Collaboration]
Please log in to read the full chapter

We're always looking, looking for that one thing out there that can truly show us what it is to be human.

A panel of cherry blossoms lined the winded pathway by the western outskirts of Gyeonju. Petals of enchanting bliss enraptured the quiescent space as it softly cascaded down to where a girl sat on a park bench. Falling, the shapes of heavenly blush whirled around in small spirals as the spring breeze danced with them to an exultant ballad. Zephyrs filled with the scent of distant memories embraced the girl and brought her to a sense of endless wistfulness. With the sun's euphoric rays seeping through the foliage of the trees, the radiating warmth of the serenading sunlight sent a smile to scamper across her lips.

Taeyeon was brought here again, always in this very place, always during early evening, and always at a specific day; trying to look for angels.

A blithe giggle chimed from her left, and she gently swayed her head to the direction of the spirited laugh. Smiling, Taeyeon watched as a little girl pedaled her way across the cemented path with her pink bicycle. Hair swaying along side the early evening breeze, Taeyeon couldn't help but to reminisce to that particular day when she first met her...



“I'm Tiffany, what's your name?” a little girl greeted with a warm smile. She had short hair that wrapped around her soft features, so that from afar, could easily be mistaken as the top of a mushroom. Tiffany had seated herself on a flamboyant bicycle, painted in her favorite color – pink.

Fidgeting with her fingers, Taeyeon looked down at the patch of verdant grass below her. She wasn't accustomed to talking to people, and it made her anxious, really, really anxious. Shifting from playing with her fingers to gripping the hem of her overly sized shirt, she mumbled “Tae-Ta...Taeyeon”. There was nothing the seven year old girl wanted to do, but to to run and hide in a corner. She didn't know what she was experiencing at that moment, but if she had, she would say that she was having an anxiety attack; one of many that occurred when she had acquired anxiety disorder.

“Taeyeon?” Tiffany asked with a perturbed look, “I don't like your name.”

All it took was for her to say that she didn't like her name, to immediately cause a surge of overwhelming panic within the girl. Huffing out short bursts of air, Taeyeon couldn't contain the emotion flooding within her, and so, the repressed anxiety exploded in a set of tempestuous tears.

Upon seeing the girl cry, Tiffany unmounted on her bicycle and quickly scurried over to Taeyeon. “I'm sorry, I like your name, it's just hard for me to say. Mommy told me I have t

Please log in to read the full chapter