Chapter 3 ~

The Doll that contains many secrets.

Chapter 3.

 

[A/N] Hey! I’m back, I apologize for my short absence but don’t worry I have returned (: Have you guys seen Seventeen Show Live? It’s so perfect, I am loving the performances and the Pledis girl trainees that got to perform with some of the Seventeen members. They are all so talented girls and boys ~ Thank you for the comments they really do encourage me to write more chapters ! ^^

 

Hyesoon’s POV:

 “ eotteohke jakku nunmuri na, neo ttaemune naega neomu apa / Geureohke neoman saenggak hamyeon deo, wae jakkuman “

Ugh, I really need to change that alarm sound.

It’s so bright, I could barely open my eyes and the sun reflecting from the window wasn’t helping either.

I stepped out of my bed lazily and had slipped on one of my tank tops which I left on the floor last night and to top it off I banged my forehead straight on the wooden floor. This is so not much day I can sense it.

I quickly got dressed into my school uniform after recovering from the incident before and as usual skipped breakfast and I decided to take a shower later on. If only today was a weekend day.

Even if Jiyung was skipping school today I decided not to and just go visit her straight afterschool just before she leaves. I also took the golden doll out of the drawer and carefully slipped it into my bag to give later.

What a strange sight not seeing Jiyung outside my house in the morning like I usually would. I took the short route to school today and luckily the school gates hadn’t closed yet or I could have been in some trouble. Did I mention my school is very strict with attendance and punctuality?

During first and second period I had Art studies where we had to present our projects but luckily my partner was Jiyung and since she isn’t here today my teacher decided to give a week extension so I could go get it from Jiyung and present it the next lesson. If only I didn’t have to present it at all.

Break time quickly came and I spent both of the break’s sitting in the library because that’s basically in the whole school that is peaceful and quiet and I won’t be disturbed here.

I was anticipating last period the most because it was the last period of the day and I could go home or in this case Jiyung’s home.

“DINGGGGGG” – insert students screaming with joy –

Yes! Finally, better because it’s a Friday which meant no school for two more days.

I quickly ran as fast as I could to Jiyung’s home so I could see her.

Jiyung’s house was quite big and it the landscape was very luxurious and inviting but to me I prefer normal houses that give you the warm welcoming vibes. But that’s just me.

I rang the doorbell of the house several times and I could already spot moving trucks loading items into the vehicles to take to their new house in Seoul.

“Hyesoon!”

“Jiyung!” I wrapped my arms around her small waist and Jiyung was quite shocked since she was usually the one who would give me the hug and not the other way around.

“Am I interrupting you?”

“No its okay come in I already finished packing and all my belongings are being taken into the truck” she pointed to the big black track/van.

I took of my shoes and stepped into her house that had tiles and almost made me slip since they were for some reason wet, guess they were cleaning the floors. I noticed her house was empty and her furniture was covered in white sheets.

“Before I forget here’s your present, sorry I didn’t get time to wrap it but I thought the outside of it already has a nice colour.” I took the gold box that had the golden doll inside and handed it to her.

“Wahh, the gold colour is so shiny and pretty!”

She gently opened the lid, her eyes went wide when she saw what was in it.

“Hyesoon.. this is too much I can’t accept it” she looked up to me with wide eyes still.

“Trust me it wasn’t much, just accept it please”

“I’m actually surprised you managed to survive with this since I know you have a strange phobia with dolls, yup I haven’t forgotten what happened years ago when we were young.” she said with a hint of tease in her voice.

“This doll didn’t seem so scary so I guess It was okay, but if it was any other doll I would have probably put this thing in a cage with a lock.” I joked.

“You still scared of dolls?”

I hanged my head down and gave a small nod.

“I want you to keep this then”

“I told you Jiyung it was much so accept it.” I insisted.

“Not it’s not that, I want you to get over your fear of dolls. I mean who had heard of a girl that’s afraid of dolls and still is at the age of 18?”

“Ji…i….u.h” I struggled to find the right words to give a respond.

“And besides this can help you remember me while I’m gone and I’m hoping by the time I come back your fear of dolls will no longer exist”

“But what will you have to remember me with?”

“I will have this memory of us because today you’re the only one who I talked with since the rest of my family are so busy with moving and I didn’t go to school today either.”

“I don’t know Ji…” still thinking if I should or not.

“Come on please Hyesoon think of it as a birthday present to me”

“You said you didn’t want anything for you birthday though” I muttered quietly under my breath but Jiyung heard it.

“Well I changed my mind, PLEASE HYESOON!” Jiyung pleaded with her large doll like eyes.

“Arraso then”

“Yes!” Jiyung beamed and pumped her fist in the air.

“JIYUNG WE HAVE TO GO NOW!” Jiyung’s dad shouted to Jiyung from outside.

“Guess this is goodbye.” I gulped.

So it’s true when people say, saying goodbye is never easy. I held my tears in so Jiyung wouldn’t feel guilty or anything.

“Here” She pushed the box into my chest where my hands were and I took a hold of it.

“Remember take care of it and I will be back before you know it” Jiyung added.

“JIYUNG COME ON!” Jiyung’s dad repeated.

“OKAY I’M COMING!!” Jiyung shouted back.

“Do you want my dad to give you a ride home?” She suggested.

“No its okay I can walk” I objected her suggestion.

“You sure?”

“It’s a short distance so I will be okay” I assured her.

“Okay then, I promise to bring you back loads of gifts and write letters to you every week!”

“And don’t go replacing me with a new bestfriend either” Jiyung giggled and wagged her finger at me.

“Of course I won’t Ji” I chuckled.

Jiyung pulled me into one last very tight hug before she let go, we both started walking out of the house while Jiyung was dragging her last suitcase out with her and closed the front door shut.

“Bye Jiyung have a safe trip”

“Thank you Hyesoonie~”

I waved her one last goodbye to her and quickly started walking away incase my tears would start to fall.

“DON’T FORGET ABOUT THE DOLL!!”

I had just remembered I was still holding the golden doll in my hand when Jiyung gave it back to me.

I walked on the side of the streets and stopped by a side restaurant to buy some takeaway Ramen for lunch. After receiving the Ramen I paid the ajusshi and kept jogging home.

I wanted to get their fast so the Ramen wouldn’t go cold because I always preferred most of food warm unless it was something like ice-cream but I never fancied desserts unless Jiyung would want me to accompany her.

I fished out my keys from my front pocket of my skirt and pushed my front door open. I laid the takeaway Ramen on the kitchen bench and threw the doll on the couch.

I headed towards the hallway and entered the bathroom. The best room in the entire apartment!

After I came out I had my hair wrapped in a towel, I checked to see if the Ramen was still warm and fortunately it was still warm so I could enjoy it.

I ate it quickly because I was simply very hungry. I wiped my mouth with the napkin provide in the bag and walked to my room in silence.

As usual my eyes were wide awake. My eyes kept wondering around the room possibly trying to pass time. That was when my eyes travelled to the bright light under the door. Wait, I thought I turned off the lights already? I’m pretty sure I already closed all the lights, Aish I must have forgotten.

I sluggishly walked out of my bed and closed the door quietly. The source of light was coming from the main room. Come to think of it the light was very bright, brighter than normal. You see my lights for some reason were always very dim like very, you can hardly consider them as lights and I never bothered to get it fix.

But this time the lights were shining bright. I was so absorbed about the fact of the lights I didn’t realize there was a silhouette coming from the kitchen, When I did I could tell it was a boy.

I was hiding behind the small sofa so I couldn’t see the full view of him.

It’s got to be a theif, what’s if he just escaped from prison? What’s if he’s a serial killer? What’s if he’s s ually frustrated man who can’t control his hormones? I never thought I would die at this age, I haven’t even had my first kiss yet. Life is so unfair.

No, I wasn’t going to end my life now. I looked at around and I saw a small but sharp knife in the fruit bowl on the tiny coffee table next to the sofa I was hiding behind. I took a hold of it and held it tightly as if my life depended on it, technically it does.

I slowly and as quietly as I could approached the man, wait he looked like someone around my age. I could only see his back since his attention was focused on my fridge, he enters my house without permission then rummages through my fridge (==’) .

I had my knife in my hand ready to aim at his back until he turned around. He’s quite good looking.

“AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!” He squealed like a fangirl at a concert.

It surprised me since his voice was so high pitch it made me drop the knife on the kitchen tiles.

My first reaction was to of course shout at him.

“WHO THE HELL ARE YOU?” I cried.

“CALM DOWN WOMAN, LOWER YOUR VOICE!” He hollered back at me.

“ANSWER MY QUESTION” I said trying to get him to answer my question.

“WHY DO YOU WANT TO KNOW?” This guy is getting on my nerves.

Seriously he asks me why I want to know he just randomly appeared in my house.

It soon turned into a screaming competition and neither of us was going to stop anytime soon.

“You won’t want to know.” He calmed down.

“What do you mean?” I decided to calm down as well a bit and use my normal voice.

“You don’t need to know.”

“You better answer me or I will not hesitate to call the police”

“My Guardian Angel should appear soon, he can explain everything to you”

I was about to continue ranting at him until a cloud of dust just appeared in the middle of us.

The dust caused me and this boy to start coughing.

Moments later replacing the dust was a boy, he looked like he was in his early twenties. .

He turned his head towards my direction then toward the boy.

“My dear boy Hansol you sure grew up very handsome boy, unlike your father” muttered the last bit under his breath.

The guy hugged this so called Hansol boy. “I haven’t seen you in ages Suho-nim, I am glad your back I wasn’t really liking the guy that replaced you over the years.”

Why are guys randomly appearing in my house?!?!?!?

I faked a cough to catch their attention.

“I don’t mean to be rude but who are you and why are you and this boy” I pointed to the cocky bastard “in my house?” I am a very honest person and I speak what is on my mind.

“I am Hansol’s guardian angel, Suho ( exo fans :3 ) and I am here to make your wish come true.”

“Wait Suho you mean this girl” – he pointed his finger at me accusingly – “is the girl who’s going to look after me until I serve my time?” He shrieked in that high pitch voice of his.

“Excuse me?” I said to the guy in an offended way.

“Nobody asked for you to talk” He turned his head to my direction.

Well then.

“Nobody asked for you to be here” I snarled, take that .

“You both stop arguing and listen to me!” This Suho guy sure has a very controlling and demanding attitude/voice.

“You,” He pointed to Hansol. “Treat her girl nicer, you’re going to be living with her for a while” Yeah that’s right you better treat me nice, than reality let the last words sink in to me.

“WHAT? WHAT DO YOU MEAN HE’S LIVING WITH ME, MY HOUSE ISNT A VACANCY HOTEL WHERE PEOPLE CAN RANDOMLY TURN UP AND LIVE HERE!”

“You,” He pointed his finger at me “You wished for something and now you’re getting it, so settle down!” Completely Ignoring my statement from before.

“And besides it benefits you both, You wished for someone to be by your side forever-Hansol will be that person except Hansol will only be with you a short period of time, Hansol you have to serve your time instead of your father and you need someone to live with and besides me you need another guardian angel- Hyesoon will be that person, but you will treat her more like a guardian sister. And besides you both share a very similar past so it will be easy for you to get along.”

There’s no way I can get along with this idiot.

“There’s no way I am agreeing to this” I snapped.

“I am not agreeing to this either Suho.” Hansol added

“Too bad neither of you get a say in this, Hyesoon you made a wish and now it’s become a reality. Hansol you need to finish what your father had started” Suho said in a strong voice.

“But why does it have to be me? Yes I made that wish but I never knew it would come true?” I may be asking too much questions now but this is just all too much for me to take in.

“Well for starters you are the one who brought the doll that Hansol was in so you own him and have to look after him. And also your wish has now come true thanks to Hansol, Problem solved” Pfft, I knew there was a reason why I hate dolls. WAIT.

“HOLD ON, I just realized sometimes. If he’s the doll I brought from the shop why is he human and why is he glowing so bright?”

“Hansol changes from a doll to human frequently so you will have to be aware of that, also it’s his natural glow that comes with being half doll” Another problem to add to my list.”

“I’m still not agreeing to this” Hansol groaned.

“Like I said before neither of you get a say in this”  

“And why is that?” I questioned him.

“Because if you still want to live on this planet you will do as I say” I thought he was supposed to be an Angel, since when did Angel’s threaten people.

“Are you threatening me?”

“So what if I am? I have more power over you” He smirked.

So much for the stereotypical “kind hearted angels”

“Trust me you won’t regret letting Hansol into your life” Suho added.

“Suho are you sure there’s no other girls that can look after me better?” Hansol threw a disgusted look at me.

There he goes again with the insults.

“No, I am certain Hyesoon is the right one”

…….

“I got to go now, duties to errand and all that. Hyesoon, Hansol will explain his situation to you when he is read to. Hansol, Hyesoon will take care of you well”

“Oh and Hyesoon if you don’t take care of him well you will regret it” Suho concluded before disappearing.  

This is just a load of crap. Why must my life be so messed up?

“I knew my life was cursed” I grunted.

“You should consider yourself lucky that you get to live with me” He retaliated.

“Don’t be such a cocky bastard” I responded getting annoyed at his cockiness.

“Then you shouldn’t be such a controlling brat” He snapped back.

I chose to end the argument there because it was midnight and I wanted to get some sleep after what just happened.

“I’m tired of talking with you, I’m going to sleep. Make yourself comfortable by sleeping on the tiled floor” At least there some advantages in this.

“You are not seriously expecting me to sleep on this cold hard floor”

“No, of course not” I faked a smile and he heaved a sigh in relief.

My fake smile soon turned into a devious smile.

“You can always sleep on the soft carpet if you prefer that more” I added.  

His shocked face was priceless.

“Well you choose which you prefer and enjoy, I will be going to sleep in my comfy bed now” I told him while my face had a grin on it.

I quickly walked away before he could say another word to me.

That’s what you get for insulting me before.

I was walking back to my room and about to twist the doorknob open until I heard the same high pitched girly scream from Hansol the first time I saw him.

“AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH” He shrieked.