Chapter 2 ~

The Doll that contains many secrets.

Chapter 2.

 

[A/N] Second chapter posted, dont forget to subscribe and comment if possible (: 

Hansol will appear soon so please be patient! Y_Y Anyone else anticipating SEVENTEEN's debut? 

Fighting! ~ 

 

Hyesoon’s POV: ( Its pretty much going to be Hyesoon’s POV until Hansol appears )

“Hello ajumma“ I bowed down as a sign of respect to her.

“Hello my dear” the ajumma responded with a nice smile.

She looked like a person who didn’t look very happy, she had pale skin, her forehead skin was a bit wrinkled and under her eyes she has eyebags due to lack of sleep, but I decided to ignore the fact for now and come to get what I was looking for.

“Ajumma can you help me pick a present for my friend?” I asked her hoping she could be some help to me.

“Of course, is your friend a girl or boy?”

“Girl!" I said almost immediately.

“Mhmm what sort of things is she into?” I really didn’t actually know what answer to respond with, Aish I feel like such a bad friend not knowing what sort of things Jiyung likes besides antiques and shiny items but if say that I would sound like a complete idiot since this whole shop looked like it was surrounded by nothing but old things that have been polished to look shiny.

“She likes old things” Oh god, I mentally face palmed for being such an idiot by speaking my thoughts aloud.

“Well you are in luck dear since this shop is full of old things from the past, just joking dear of course me saying that won’t be that helpful. Describe your friend to me”

“Well she’s very pretty, her eyes are like doll eyes, her eyelashes are very long and her hai-” I was about to continue blabbing until the ajumma interrupted me.

“I mean her personality” she gave a weak laugh.

“Oh.” I felt a bit stupid for not understanding her question properly.

“Umm she’s very kind, she’s always smiling and happy, she can act very childish sometimes but in a funny way and oh yes she still sometimes plays with her dolls when she’s in an angry mood” More like takes her anger out on the dolls, whoops I promised Jiyung I wouldn’t tell anyone about the “ dolls “ bit. Sorry Jiyung but this is for your own good because you will hopefully end up getting a good present.

“I got just the thing, follow me” The ajumma lead the way, we started walking all the way to the back off the shop and even behind the counter into a small but welcoming looking room.

The smell of peaches had filled my noise the moment I stepped inside. It was a very alluring smell to me. I was so distracted by the smell that I didn’t see that the ajumma was staring at me with a small and rectangle box in her hands. She pushed the box to me hands on the sides, I took hold of the box careful not to break it since it looked pretty precious and considering the fact how it wasn’t even on display in the shop it must have been a very special antique. I the sides of the box admiring the decoration and the very nice gold shiny colour that was painted on the box. My hands had found the opening bit of the box, I was about to open the box until the ajumma put her hand over mine to stop me.

“Before you open the box I think you should make a wish or something you want to come true.” So basiccaly a wish, I was a bit surprised when she asked me to do so.

“Is there a reason why you want me to?”

“There’s a legend that comes with this box” Great so is this box like haunted or something.

“What’s the legend ajumma?”

“Before you open this box you make a wish that you want come true or a desire and once you open it your eyes see what’s inside it your wish will slowly start to come true hopefully”

Desire, wish same thing. 

“Neh, I know my wish now”

“Close your eyes” I closed my eyes.

“With one of your hands tightly grip onto the box” My Left hand gripped on the edge of the box.

“With your other hand put it on the top of the box ready to open it right after you have made your wish, and don’t open your eyes until you have made your wish and opened the box” With my right hand I rested it on top of the box lid.

I nodded.

Now for the wish.

"Dont forget to make the wish in your head" Obviously i wasn't going to blurt out my wish, havent you heard the saying? quote If i tell you my wish it wont come true unquote.

I hadn’t actually thought of a wish yet, at that moment for some reason flashbacks of the past and memories were racing through my mind. Was it trying to hint something to me? Because if it was I am not getting the hint. Suddenly a picture of my family flashed through my head. Just looking at the picture made me remember about how cruel my parents were and the thought of them just made me really angry inside me so I gripped onto the box tighter. My family were supposed to be the special people in my life, the people I would celebrate special occasions with, the people who would make me smile and cherish life with every single moment but that didn’t happen. I guess behind all of my cold emotionless face was a part of me that was seeking for care and love. I already received love from Jiyung but I know Jiyung isn’t always going to be there for me my whole life. Next year when we all graduate Jiyung will be attending college whilst I haven’t ever planned out my life yet.

I made my wish in my head ( which I will not be revealing just yet )

I opened the box still my eyes closed.

Before I opened my eyes I started to touch what was inside the box. The moment I did that exact same weird aura rushed through my body again, like how I first arrived. I ignored it once again and continued to the item.

The object was metal, it was small.

I started to trace the figure of its shape, cant quite make out the shape of it. The features on the object were very alike to a person’s. I was dying of curiosity so I opened my eyes.

A doll. It was a golden doll. It was very shiny indeed. It eyes were squinted and basically there was no other colour on the doll except gold.

It had no hair so i guessed it was a boy.

To be honest as a child/teen I never really liked dolls and i still dont like them now, they scared creep me out. While most girl kids or teens were scared of things like spiders, breaking a nail, getting their hair wet or stuff like that I was scared of dolls the one thing girls are suppose to play with. I describe myself to be very strange.

I remembered when I was about 11 I saw Jiyung play with her dolls in her rooms and she was holding one in her hand that particularly stood out to me and creep me out. It was a girl doll. The clothes were fine, the hair was fine, the nose and ears were fine but what creep me out were the eyes. The eyes of the doll was like staring right through my soul it was full of pure evilness like it was going to burn a hole right through the middle of my body or like it was planning on murdering me. I was scared and creeped out by a pair of eyes owned by a doll.

I already imagined it was going to give me nightmares at night. Then I continued scanning its face down to its mouth. A smirk. Well it looked like a smirk, I wanted to wipe the smirk right of its face but I was too scared to even think about it anymore.

Jiyung had noticed my presence in the room and was about to say something until I ran out of her room into the bathroom. I was scared wait no I was terrified this was the first time I was this scared I wasn’t even this scared when my parents left me on the side of the road when I was young. The image of the doll was still playing back in my head like it had a repeat button. I spent the night in the bathroom which thinking of it now was pretty crazy of me since the things your usually scared of usually come and haunt you in your mind at night, the worst time ever.

I was brought back into reality when the ajumma waved her hand in front of my face. Heh reminds me of Jiyung.

“So is the present good enough for your friend?”

This was perfect for Jiyung and she would definitely like it.

I nodded and gave her a smile.

“How much is it?”

“For you it’s free.” Wait what? Its free, why would the ajumma give it to me for free? I mean she does not get many customers and now when she gets one she’s giving an item away for free? I will never understand the studies of business.

“I have a feeling this certain doll will be a significant in your life”

Did I hear right? Significant? I didn’t want to ask any more questions so I just thanked the ajumma many times and left. I was still holding the box because I didn’t want to ask for a bag for such a small item like this.

While I was walking’s home I was thinking about Jiyung’s birthday party then I remembered I didn’t give her an answer for her question yet and what did the ajumma meant with her words.

When I reached home I needed to take another shower to clear my head of my thoughts. I put the box with the doll in it in my bedroom drawer and advanced to the bathroom. I stepped into the shower and I let the water take control of my body and calmed me down, as normal I dazed of again letting my mind take control.

 

_________________________________________________________________________________________________

 

 “ eotteohke jakku nunmuri na, neo ttaemune naega neomu apa / Geureohke neoman saenggak hamyeon deo, wae jakkuman “

Aish,another school day. I slammed the top of alarm to shut it up like I would do every morning and repeat my daily routine.

And as expected Jiyung was outside but she didn’t attacked me with her quote bear unquote hug like every morning and her expression was gloomy. Wow I never thought I would the words gloomy and Jiyung in the same sentence. But yet again I have done the impossible. I praise myself a lot.

Also her head was ducked down letting her long black hair cover the view of her face.

I walked up to her and asked her.

“Ji is something wrong? Silence.

“Ji?” I shook her shoulders lightly. Silence.

“Ji, come one you know you can tell me anything were best friends”

She lifted her head up and i was greeted by eyes that didnt look very happy. Body lanuage.

“If I tell you, you’re not going to be very happy” Finally she speaks!

That was when I realized what she said.

“Just tell me Ji, if you don’t tell me I wont be happy” I said to her while trying to do a cute pout. Fail.

“Promise me you won’t get mad at me?” This wasn’t sounding too good.

“Yes I promise”

“I..uh…my..” I could tell she was struggling to find the right words to explain to me.

Jiyung took a deep breath.

“Mydadgotajobpromotionandheisrequiredtomovetoseoulforfourmothsorsoandhestakingmeandmymuumwithhimaswell” (My dad got a job promotion and he is required to go to Seoul for six months or so and he’s taking me and mum with him as well)  Jiyung said quickly and ended huffing panting.

To some people they wouldn’t have caught what she said but to me I heard every single word clearly.

Jiyung was moving away to Seoul for four months with her family which meant I would not be seeing my bestfriend for six months.

Inside me I was upset,  I was blank I didn’t know what emotions to express at the time. I didn’t want Jiyung to feel guilty so I covered my emotions with a weakly smile.

“When are you moving?”

“That’s the worst bit, I’m moving tomorrow” Jiyung’s birthday.

“Oh, will you be here for graduation? ” I tried my best to look happy but I guess the idea of not having someone by my side for four months FOUR months which may not sound long but to me is very long.

“So what’s happening to your pool birthday plans?”

“Nothing was decided so it doesn't matter” I was about to say something until Jiyung continued.

“I’m really sorry Hyesoon, I would only have a couple of hours to celebrate my birthday with you since I am driving to Seoul at around midday”

“It’s okay Ji, it’s not like your moving forever so I will manage, just remember to bring me back lots of gifts” I tried to joke around but I won’t manage with Ji.

“Of course”

“I bought you a present by the way for your birthday tomorrow so before you leave you will have something to remind you of me” I told Jiyung since it was awkward silence.

“I told you not to buy me anything though!”

“You know me Jiyung, I will always buy you something for your birthday like you do for me every year even if some years you got me very weird presents” saying the last bit quietly.

You must be wondering about the “ weird presents “ bit.

Let me explain to you. For some of my birthday’s Jiyung had gotten me the most weirdest presents, I didn’t mind though but I still found it quite strange and I remember each present very clearly. Example on my 8th birthday Jiyung had gotten me a book called “ 101 Body Language “ Yes Ji had got me a book about how to read someone emotions by their actions, at an age where I was still believing The Easter Bunny existed…

My 12th birthday Ji got me another book titled “Cooking for Dummies”, that was the year I discovered my useless non existing talent for cooking.

End of Flashback.

Back to Reality.

“Thanks Hyesoon, you’re the best” Jiyung gave me a hug she owed me from this morning.

“I know I am” I am starting to sound like Daeho now when his attitude is cocky. I hugged Jiyung back. I sure was going to miss this hug every morning.

When we arrived at school we both had different subjects from each other all day.

Throughout the whole day I spent it staring outside the window and not listening to what the teacher was talking about. Thinking about Jiyung and for some reason an image of the golden doll had crossed my mind. Aish disturbing my thoughts even when I am here, as if school wasn’t hard enough.

When the last bell rung I was as expected I was the first one out the door. 

I ran all the way home taking the short route because I definitely needed a shower. I only took two showers a day when I needed to clear my head of my problems or surroundings.

The cold water splashed onto my body as I was thinking about tomorrow.

Jiyung’s birthday, The day Jiyung leaves and the day where I would be left with no one for six whole months.

I changed into a red tank top and white shorts since the weather that night was hot.

I kept tossing and turning in my bed not able to get a wink of sleep so far. I have Insomnia, not being able to sleep because I have too many things rushing through my head. I wasn’t depressed I was just lonely. Loney->Depression? Possibly.

Sometimes i really did want wishes to come true, but somtimes i wonder if they did come true will they come out really wrong? Would you end up maybe regretting it just like what sometime happens in the movies?

My eyes then started to feel drowsy and somehow I managed to fall asleep. 

“Your wish will be granted soon”