Chapter 1 ~

The Doll that contains many secrets.

Chapter 1. 

 

[A/N] Hai!! Thank you to everyone who already subsribed to this story even before the first chapter was uploaded ^^ Much appreciated and enjoy ~ Wow this chapter was over 2000 words.

 

Hyesoon POV:

-Hyesoon’s life in the past-

“Umma?Abeoji? Where are you guys?”

Seven year old Hyesoon had just woken up from her sleep at around night time, only to find out she wasn't in her usual bed instead she had woken up on the side of the road in the gloomy city of Myeongdong. Hyesoon had started crying wondering where her parents were. She got up from her sleeping position she was in and started to wander around. Her head had started spinning since she hadnt eaten in days because her parents refused to feed her food. She kept walking and had bumped into a man’s back. The last thing she saw was a blurry man’s face then her whole world turned pitch black.

Back to the present time.

 

_________________________________________________________________________________________________

 

 “ eotteohke jakku nunmuri na, neo ttaemune naega neomu apa / Geureohke neoman saenggak hamyeon deo, wae jakkuman “

Okay alarm I am getting up now. Sheesh. I slammed the top of the alarm to turn it off. Oh how wonderful it’s another school day. Notice the sarcasm.

I did my normal daily routine, take a shower to feel refreshed, get dressed and I would skip breakfast due to my financial state. Through-out the years I’ve learnt to skip breakfast and only eat lunch and sometimes dinner.

As I walked out of my small apartment I saw my one and only best friend in the world Jiyung, she’s pretty much the only person I trust.

I’ve known Jiyung since kindergarten and when my parents had abandoned me like worthless trash on the side of the streets Jiyung’s parents had found me and took me in as their own child hence the man's back that i bumped into before passing out was Jiyung's dad.

At first I didn’t agree because I didn’t like the idea of having new parents after what happened with my own parents. But after Jiyung had pleaded and begged me I agreed. I guess it was nice having someone like Jiyung around since she was like a sister to me and I was always an only child.

I tried my best not to be a burden to Jiyung’s family even if it meant I had to work my of day and night, and during the night if you are wondering no I did not work as some e for money.

I am not that low. It was only about one year and a half ago when I had enough money to rent my own apartment in Myeongdong and I moved out of Jiyung’s house but still keep in contact with her since we are attending the same school.

Back to this morning.

“ HYESOON!!!!” Jiyung ran up to me and attacked me with a bear hug like she did every morning.

You’d think maybe Jiyung would forget a day where she would not be waiting outside my apartment for me but actually every single morning she would be there on time and ready to give me a hug the moment I step out of my apartment.

“Ji-y—ung you-r cho-k-ing me” I coughed and hit her shoulder to signal that she can pull away from the hug now.

“Ooop’s sorry Hyesoonie “Jiyung even gave me a nickname which I told her not to call me but of course she didn’t listen.

“That’s what you say every morning “ I muttered

After Jiyung pulled away from the hug and released me from her arms she casually slung her arm around my shoulder and we started walking to school together.

I started to sort of daze of when Jiyung immediately started talking about her Birthday plans, did I tell you her birthday is in a couple of days. I actually planned to go and buy her a birthday present but Jiyung always insisted I didn’t need to get her anything. I never listen to her anyways but I do find it hard to get her a present that matches her preference. My thoughts were cut off when Hyesoon had waved her right hand in front of my face.

“So what do you think Hyesoon?”

“Huh, what?”

“Pabo you were dazing off again!” Jiyung stated while her eyebrows were raised in an angry but cute manner,

“Sorry just thinking about sutff, what were you saying before?” I apologized and asked her to repeat her question from before.

“I was asking you if having a pool party to celebrate my 18 birthday was a good idea?”

“Oh, well um” I hesitated to give her an answer because I can’t actually swim and I never really liked going to the pools because the chlorine smell made me want to throw up. I remembered I told Jiyung once but she must have forgot since it was years ago when I explained to her about it. But I knew how much Jiyung liked swimming so it wasn’t a surprise she wanted a pool party for her 18 party and I definitely didn’t want to stop her just because of my phobia/hate of swimming/swimming pools.

“Well?” Jiyung asked again while one of her eyebrows was raised but this time in a questioning manner.

“Look we are here!” Phew, luckily I managed to save myself from answering the question. I will just have to say yes, I will tell her during lunch when she’s distracted by eating.

I bid goodbye to Jiyung since we had different subjects in the morning and throughtout the day.

I went to my first class for the day, Home Economics or better known as Food Technology.

My worst subject, I was the absolute worst at cooking I tell you I could probably burn down the kitchen just by trying to boil water.

Yup my cooking skills was that bad.

When I walked through the door my classmates gave me dirty looks and stares.

I was never really a likeable person in anyone’s eyes except Jiyung's and people still question our friendship and how such a nice and pretty girl became friends with a girl who was like living evil barbie doll, and the fact that I was very anti-social didn’t help either.

I walked to sit down at the back of the classroom to avoid any annoying glances from them and threw my bag under the table.

Our seonsaengnim was often late so everyone was just chilling and talking in their group cliques.

“Everyone settle down!” Our ssam Mr Seong had finally arrive tried and get everyone’s attention.

People didn’t hear so they kept going on with their business.

Mr Seong then took out one of his never ending supply of  30cm ruler and slammed in on the edge of the table, that sure got everyone’s attention and that’s like the 4th ruler he broke in 2 weeks and those are the classes I’ve had with him.

What about in his other classes? Could he have broken more? Anyways the ruler made every quiet.

“Teens these days sure have bad hearing” Mr seong said to everyone while glaring at each student including me.

“Like I stated last week this week we will be making an easy meal because this week I am not in the mood to deal with a bunch of crazy teens running around and creating havoc like usual”

In cooking to me every single meal is considered as a hard meal even if its just microwaving something.

I lazily walked to my kitchen bench which I shared with the class nerd. My cooking partner was a boy, his name was Daeho and he was the class wait scratch that the school nerd.

But it’s quite easy to communicate with him and we sort of have an agreement between us. It's a weird agreement but it works out well for the both of us and we both benefited from it.

We agreed that while he did all the cooking during Home Eco lessons and my homework for Food Tech whilst I would do all his sports homework and whenever he needed a partner in sports I would partner up with him and I didn’t have the sport period with Jiyung either so I was in need of a partner as well so it all worked out well.

When I first suggested this idea to him at the start of the year he straight away opposed against it, but after he saw how uhmm quote good unquote my cooking skills were, he agreed saying he didn’t want to be the first pair of the year to fail the subject and maybe causing serious damage to the room.

I took it as a compliment even though I know he didnt mean it as a compliment.

I would try to be some help to him by getting the utensils he needed so he didn’t need to leave the kitchen bench but he wouldnt even let me do that.

Why? Well it all began during the second lesson of Home Economics at the start of the year when the agreement had just been enforced. 

I asked him if he needed anything since we were making a tradition Korean meal and he asked me if I could get him the chopping board at the front.

Of course I agreed and while I walking back to our cooking space with the chopping board in one hand and I thought I might as well get him a knife while I’m at it, I was nearly there until I carelessly slipped.

I had somehow managed to cause an accident when I had barley only walked 100 metres to grab something.

The knife that was in my hand flew across the room and had pierced through the wall not too deep into the wall just only the sharp pointy end managed to get stuck in the wall.

I tried explaining to Daeho that there was some sort of liquid on the floor so that’s why I slipped but of course he just thought it was my bad luck curse that only applied if I was in the kitchen.

Aish, that boy.

While I was thinking about the incident Daeho snapped me back out of my little daydream asking me to taste the food. Wow Daeho sure cooks pretty quick, I can see he is going to be a good father for his children in the future.

I pulled out the drawers and took a spoon out to taste the vegetable soup he made. I could never really spot the flaws in Daeho’s cooking because it was practically perfect.

“It taste’s good as always” I gave a small nod.

“Of course it does” Daeho complimented himself. You see even if he’s the school nerd his attitude is actually quite amusing.

“Do you want to take it up for the teacher to rate now?”

“Wait I have to add some basil leaves on top so it looks good”

I rolled my eyes hearing that, we always managed to come top of the class in Home Economics which sometimes makes me feel really guilty since Daeho’s the one doing all the cooking while I just stand there trying not to burn, break or injure myself.

“You know I always wonder, do you really have that much things in your mind that you daze off nearly every single second of the day. Do you perhaps have an imaginary friend in that mind of yours?”

“WHAT, NO! How could you accuse me of such a thing?”

Before Daeho could give his answer the bell had rung for recess.

Daeho gave me a smirk before returning to his working desk.

I ignored him and took my apron off; I grabbed my backpack from under the table and I shoved everyone to the side that was blocking me from exiting the classroom.

I was so quick to get out of there I didn’t even say goodbye to Daeho. Serve's the guy right for make such a accusation.

“HYESOON” That voice I heard every morning and would only belong to one person.

“Jiyung I’m guessing you are in a happy mood?”

“Yes of course I aced my Math test”

“Why am I not surprised?” Jiyung was beyond smart, she knew her thirteen, fourteen, fifteen and SIXTEEN timetables! And she learnt all that when she was only like 14. I wish I had her brain sometimes especially during exam times.

“Let’s go to the cafeteria to eat!” Jiyung loves eating but the weird thing about her is no matter how much she eats she just would not get fat.

She held her arm out and I hooked my arms into hers. While she skipped into the cafeteria with a happy sometimes creepy  smile, me I had a blank emotion on my face. I don’t exactly have many reason to be so happy and smiley all the time like Jiyung.

“So what do you want for your birthday?” I asked her while she was eating her food like a cute little kid.

“Nothing, you don’t need to get me anything.” Jiyung knew I didn’t exactly have all the money in the world so she didn’t want me to waste my money by buying her a present when she was already going to be receiving many.

“Come on Ji.” Sometimes I would call her Ji it’s like my nickname for her, but I wish I would have thought of something that she didn’t like. Like how she calls me Hyesoonie. Thinking about my own nickname makes me shiver.

“Hyesoon you know you don’t need to get me anything just wish me happy birthday and I will be satisfied”

“Arrasso then I won’t get you anything” Not.

Guess I will have to go shopping today afterschool.

I was literally waiting for the end of school bell to ring so I can get out of here. I sometimes all of the time felt like a prisoner in school. 

The schoolwork especially during sports is like doing duty work.

The uniforms are like prisoner clothes.

The classroom’s are like cells.

The lectures from teachers are like the lectures the police would give to prisoners about the crime they committed.

But it’s okay because this is my senior year so I only have around half a year left and its goodbye forever.

I figured I might as well go to the shops first to buy her present since this week i had asked my manager if i could have a couple of days off since it was Jiyung's birthday.

The problem was I didn’t really know much shops that I could go to that I could buy Jiyung’s present but I do know Jiyung likes antique oldish items, she does not know that I know that because she didn’t directly tell me but judging from the way her room is decorated its quite obvious.

I decided to head down to this shop that I would often see while I am walking to school and decide to take the long route. Don’t ask me why I take the long route instead of the short I just do.

The shop was owned by an ajumma.

The shop barley had any customers because it wasn’t a shop anyone would visit every day. The second I grabbed onto the door knob I sensed a strong aura rush through my body for a moment it startled me but I shook the thought of it off and proceeded to open the door.

Here goes nothing.