I'm Kibum, smart, and busy.

Fate

 


I'm Kibum, Smart, and Busy


 

Even if it rains, I’m happy, I just keep laughing. I’m telling you, you are so special..

 

Kibum was having a meeting with other student council members. Today’s object was about the upcoming school’s anniversary ceremony.

Oh, but see, Kibum wasn’t present at the meeting.

His body was there, but his mind wasn’t.

Where could it possibly be?

Wandering… His mind was wandering…

... to his first touch of Jessica’s hand.

 

He kept smiling and his eyes were empty that everybody could tell that his mind was wandering somewhere. Leeteuk once snapped at him, calling his name for a few times, but the guy didn’t even take a glance of his caller. This brought some chatter among other members. Because, however, a member which Leeteuk hyung –their leader- chose himself couldn’t be doing such a…well, bad thing.

 Yoona decided to take over Leeteuk’s job. She reprimanded him by saying that he was being not focused and the project (school’s anniversary) needed him to be totally focused. He insisted that he was being totally focused, but she didn’t easily believe him. She said, “all you did was smiling, your eyes were empty. I think you didn’t even hear it when we planned to rent a-“

“A hall in the center of the town,” cut Kibum. Yoona and everybody else in the room became silent. “Leeteuk hyung wants the rent price to be less than twice last year’s budget. Sooyoung-ssi suggested the event to be held the day after the school’s anniversary so it would be held on Saturday, when everybody was supposed to be free.” Nobody said a word. They felt guilty for accusing him, underestimating the Smart Kibum for his intelligent brain.

As if he didn’t give enough proof of his intelligence, Kibum continued, “The headmaster also reminded Siwon hyung to arrange a party for the teacher before or after the ceremony. But Sunny-ssi and Tiffany-ssi thought it was a waste of money, since this event will absolutely cost much, giving a party like that should be unnecessary. But Eunhyuk hyung stated that this kind of event would bring up the name of our school as a prestigious school.”

Twelve people in that room stayed silent. Some of them looked at him, some stared at him with disbelief, and the rest rounded their lips of bewilderment. Seeing everybody stunned like that, Kibum said coyly (but with a bit of arrogance), “hello, am I wrong everybody?”

 

 


 

Kibum knew he was in a big trouble at that moment. It was 16.15 and he was 45 minutes late for his first outside-the-class date. Luckily Jessica was still waiting in the class instead of going to the cinema first. But unluckily, -and his unluckiness seemed a bit bigger than his luck- Jessica was waiting inside the class with the angriest face a girl could ever had.

“Sica…” Kibum pleaded. “Sorry, the meeting, it was.. postponed for 20 minutes because Leeteuk hyung was late… and..-”

“It’s okay,” Jessica said. But her face said, “you were late for the movie, now what? There’s nothing left to do, so just go away.”

Even though she tried so hard to smile, and did it, her smile couldn’t disguise how angry she was that time. And all Kibum could do was apologizing, pleading, and.. praying.

“Can’t we watch the movie now? Are we too late for it? When does the movie start-“

“You were 45 minutes late, kibum,” said Jessica, sardonically, brusquely.

“Sorry… Sica..” Jessica didn’t reply.

“Sica..” Kibum pleaded again.

“It’s okay.”

But Kibum’s smart eyes didn’t trust her word. He pleaded once more, “I’m sorry, Sica..-”

“It’s okay! It is okay, Kibum! I know who I am in a relationship with. I know who you are, so perfectly well. And I have to understand you, right? I understand how busy you are. Okay? So please stop right now.”

Jessica left him, banging the class’ door and simply walked away.

Kibum sighed.

 

Well, the Smart Kibum should trust his ear more, next time. If there would be a next time, though.

 

 


 

The night after the quarrel, Kibum took the initiative to text Jessica first.

'Jessica, are you still angry with me? ;( '

It took her not so long to reply, because believe it or not, Jessica had been staring at her phone screen for the whole time.

'Not really'

 

'I’m so sorry… I promise I’ll never do that again…'

 

':) Thanks... It’s okay…'

 

 

 

Two days later, Jessica banged her phone to her bed after reading Kibum’s text.

Jessica, I really am sorry. Siwon hyung suddenly asked me to meet him today. I think I have to cancel today’s movie..

It took her some groans, some yells, and some bangs before finally sent a reply.

 

'It’s okay.

 

 

But never text me again today.'

 


 

With love,

Thank you for reading, please leave some comments and kindly subscribe :D