The First

Fate

 


The First


 

Jessica was walking along the street from her school to the nearest shopping center alone. She and Kibum was going to have their first date there, but Kibum had gone first (better if not too many people know, he reasoned). Well, Jessica grumbled, of course, but her grumble was somehow put aside by the excitement of her first date.

Imagined in her mind how their first date would turn out to be. They had planned to go to the bookstore, have some groceries shopping, and watch the movie. Excitement immediately ran through Jessica’s body, as scenes of many Korean dramas she had watched played in her mind. She wondered what would Kibum do that day, would they had their first kiss? Oh, but Kibum was so unpredictable, anyway (and he never watched Korean drama, either).

 

 


 

 

“What do you want to read, Sica?” Kibum asked, silently slipping his fingers between hers. Jessica smiled a bit without letting Kibum notice it.

“Up to you, Kibum,” replied she.

“Hm, look Sica!” Kibum exclaimed. He pointed to a few-paged colorful book which titled, ‘Learn A B C for Kindergartens’. “I think I’ll learn much from this book! Haha!” he said with a wide grin.

“Haha,” laughed Jessica, being sarcastic, “So funny, Kibum, so funny.” But she actually thought it was funny, anyway.

 

They continued walking, tracing all sides of the library still with hands intertwining each other’s. Kibum sometimes stopped to take a look at a book, showed it to Jessica, and made a joke about it. And so did Jessica. She once took a book from the health section and showed it to Kibum.

“I think I found something that would match your health,” she told him.

“What is it?” he asked, trying to take a peek at the book. Jessica moved her body, blocking his sight. “I’ll read it for you!” she yelled.

Coughing a bit, Jessica started to read what the title said, “How to cook a healthy porridge.”

“Oh right! I like porridge! Are you going to cook some for me?” Kibum childishly asked. “Sica?” He furrowed his eyebrows as the girl in front of him smiled creepily.

“How to cook a healthy porridge…” Jessica read it once again, “For a pregnant mom.”

 

And Kibum was still laughing at her ‘joke’, anyway…

 

Jessica started to like their first date. She liked it when Kibum initiatively extended his left hand to help Jessica’s right hand supporting the book she read. He even noticed the moment Jessica wanted to turn the page difficultly and did it for her. Kibum should know how Jessica appreciated those little things more than anything.

 

 


 

 

Jessica and Kibum was sitting on one of restaurants in the shopping center when Jessica suddenly felt a dreadful pain in her stomach.

 

Curse woman’s period, she thought.

 

“Kibum… My stomach…hurts…” Jessica said waveringly. Her hands forcefully gripped the edge of her skirt. Sweats were trailing down her forehead.

“What? Why? Do you need to go to the bathroom? Or what?” Kibum worriedly asked.

“I think yes, I’m going to the bathroom first.” Jessica brought her bag and went to the bathroom.

 

Did I say woman’s period? Did I tell you that Jessica’s stomach hurt so badly? Girls, you know what it was, right?

 

Jessica did everything she had to do in the bathroom. But blame her laziness, she forgot to bring her medicine; the analgesic that helped reduce the pain.

Jessica came out from the bathroom with a more painful expression. Kibum approached her and helped her walk back to her seat.

“Are you okay, Jessica?” asked Kibum.

Jessica took a deep breath then answered, “Yes, I hope.”

“What feels so painful?”

“My stomach hurts…” Jessica paused, she took another breath and continued, “It’s kind of hard to breathe, too… and dizzy, and I feel like I’m going to throw up. I think I’m going to faint soon,” she explained.

“Argh!” Kibum yelled in frustration. “What should I do? Tell me what I should do!” he asked, more to himself.

“Calm down, Bum. I’m alright,” assured Jessica.

“Alright?? You’re sweating like hell. You’ve been clutching your skirt the whole time. What should I do to make you feel better?”

Kibum bent her back, leaning forward to Jessica. He caressed Jessica’s side bang and put some strains of her hair behind her ear.

“Stupid pain… Don’t hurt my Jessica… Just hurt me instead…” he mumbled in a sad tone.

Jessica chuckled upon hearing his strange expression of worry. She jokingly replied, “Are you looking down at me, huh?” while lightly hitting his arm.

“I’m not joking! What do you usually do when this pain comes?”

“I actually...forgot to bring the medicine… So…-“

“What medicine?” cut Kibum.

“An analgesic,”

“Okay wait here, okay, Sica? I’ll go to the supermarket down there and buy you an analgesic,” Kibum said, ready to get off his seat.

“You don’t have to-” prevented Jessica, but her stubborn boyfriend wouldn’t listen. “Just promise me you will stay alive until I’m back,” said he and left.

“So dramatic, Kibum. Stomachache on a girl’s period won’t kill,” mumbled Jessica, feeling funny at her very own boyfriend.

 

 


 

 

“What are we going to watch, Bum?” asked Jessica as she and Kibum stared at the now-playing list of movies put in front of the cinema.

“Horror? Action? Drama? Which one do you prefer?”

“Hm…” Jessica put her index finger on her chin, “I heard that The Conjuring was pretty good.”

“The Conjuring? Okay then.” Kibum pulled Jessica’s hand and they went to buy the tickets.

 

 

“The Conjuring, two, please,” Kibum said to the young, fine lady in front of him.

“Which seats?” the person asked.

“Sica? Which seats?”

Jessica took some seconds to think and pointed her finger to the screen, “Here, maybe?”

“Alright, two seats in the middle of the last row,” the lady stated. She gave Jessica the tickets and Kibum immediately took out his wallet to pay. Jessica didn’t even have enough time to find her purse from her bag.

 

 

“Thank you,” Jessica said.

“What for?”

“For paying the tickets.”

“Haha, it’s one of a boyfriend’s jobs,” Kibum said.

Jessica and Kibum waited for the movie in a lounge inside the cinema. They were having some jokes when Kibum’s phone rang. He excused himself to pick up the phone.

“Hello, yes, Leeteuk hyung?”

 

 


 

 

She was glaring at him while saying, “Can’t I beg you not to go?”

Really, it was the way the Ice Princess expressed her feelings. But begging…begging at someone in a proper way just seemed hard to do for her. Like, glaring. She clearly knew it wouldn’t make Kibum listen to her, but she truly hoped her eyes would tell everything.

Everything. Because even though her words were as cold as she might be and her stare was still as sharp as it usually was, her eyes were already teary. Gone were the smiling eyes she had, replaced with a sad gaze. But not exactly any teardrops dared to fall from the corner of her eyes.

“Look, Sica,” Kibum held his girlfriend on the shoulders. “You know that even though I’m not a student council member anymore, the school’s anniversary is still my responsibility. Something that’s really important. And I can’t put this matter aside, because… oh Sica I’m sorry...”

 

Jessica didn’t reply. Because she knew, if she said a single word that time, her tears would fall right away.

 

And why, why didn’t Kibum try to analyze her deeper, further from just what she seemed?

 

“I hope you will understand it soon… I’ll text you after the meeting end.” He hugged her for some seconds, waiting for Jessica’s response. But the girl stood still. So kibum slowly released the hug, and left her.

Just a few steps and Kibum turned back. He looked at her with a pitiful look. So sad. So apologetic. So regretful (but it’s all useless, anyway).

“Stop it,” Jessica spoke. “Pretend like you don’t hear my earlier beg.” Examining a confused look on Kibum’s face, she continued, “I don’t like the way you look at me.”

Kibum sighed. He knew digging more information wouldn’t help him understand her girlfriend more. Then, the silence came, just a very little moment, though, because after that Kibum decided to leave her.

 

Jessica didn’t prevent him of doing so, since she wouldn’t let anybody know that the impervious Jessica was broken. She reminisced about the words she said to Kibum. Begging, how dramatic she was being. Jessica Jung wasn’t supposed to be a drama queen. The Ice Princess felt ashamed of herself all of sudden.

 

In the end, Jessica had to be all alone again.

 

 


 

In the end, this is another chapter of Jessica's and Kibum's fight.

Do you think those fights would make their relationship stronger? Or weaker?

Thank you for reading! Don't forget to subscribe and leave comments!

Much Love :D