The Twist of Love

Fate

The Twist of Love


 

“Waiting for someone, huh?” asked Donghae. His question, however, didn’t get any reply from Jessica. Instead, she asked him, “when will the student council meeting end?”

“Hm, it should be half an hour ago.” She sighed heavily, looking at her watch, and then sighed again. “Aren’t you a member of the student council too?” she questioned Donghae.

“Not really, I am the member of Parley Assembly.”

“Whatever, it’s all the same for me.”

Donghae chuckled, “You really are against the student council, right?”

“I guess, so what?” Jessica replied lazily.

“Maybe I should tell Leeteuk hyung about a rebel like you?”

“Tell him, Donghae. Go tell him,” challenged Jessica. “You have no proof of my rebellion, right?”

Her stare, however, made Donghae a bit nervous. “I’m just kidding, Jessica,” said he, swaying his hand.

“You know I am never in a mood to joke about that subject.” It was silent for a moment, but Donghae broke it. “Then, if you really are against the student council, why do you date a member of it?”

“Love blinded me. I forgot that he was a student council member.”

Donghae laughed upon hearing her answer.

“Oh, wait,” cut Jessica, “who told you that I am dating one?”

“Nobody,” answered Donghae. “You know I’m more sensitive than anybody else when it’s about woman, Sica.”

“Hm,” Jessica shrugged her shoulders uninterestedly. It was silent again. Donghae gazed at her and he murmured, “it’s a pity that you didn’t choose me instead, Jessica.”

“What did you say?” inquired Jessica.

“You didn’t hear me?”

Rolling her eyes, Jessica stated, “Oh, come on, Hae. I didn’t hear you that’s why I asked you.”

“I said, it’s a pity that your boyfriend is a student council member.” Lie, of course it was a lie. Jessica was never a stupid girl. She heard what he said, pretty clearly. But unlike other girls, she believed her logic more than her ears. So she just nodded after hearing his clarification or whatever it was.

 

Silence came again. Jessica recalled the moment her phone rang. Kibum had sent him a message.

 

‘Sica, are you still at school? The meeting is about to end five minutes later.’

 

There, she waited, five minutes, ten minutes, fifteen minutes (and so on until Donghae came that she didn’t count anymore), but the person hadn’t come. Donghae’s sentence replayed in her mind. What was it? That the meeting should have ended thirty minutes ago. Then, what the hell was he actually doing?

 

Just a moment after that thought, Jessica’s phone rang again.

 

‘Sica, I’m really sorry. I don’t know if the meeting will be this late. I am sorry..’

 

Jessica locked her phone and put it back to her pocket. She quickly packed her books and bag.

“Jessica, going home already?” asked Donghae.

“Yes. See you later, Hae.” Jessica disappeared in the school corridor, leaving Donghae who could just hope such moment would occur more often…

 

 

 

In the taxi, Jessica replied Kibum.

‘It’s okay Kibum, I have gone home even before you texted me, though. Hehe’

Jessica wasn’t avoiding him nor trying to lie to him. It’s just… it’s just... Hey, Jessica was an Ice Princess, and would forever stay so. And an Ice Princess shouldn’t be seen desperate like herself now, right?

 

 


 

 

“Kibum?”

“Ah, yes, Yoona? What’s wrong?”

“What’s wrong?” Yoona faked a chuckle, “What’s wrong with you? You have been staring at your cellphone’s screen for the whole minutes.”

“Ah, really? No, it’s just.. ah, forget it. Have you finished calculating the budget?”

“Yes, and it’s above our expectation. The idea of renting a hall has made the cost exceed our initial budget,” Yoona explained. Kibum rubbed his chin, forcing his brain to bring any idea.

“What about decoration? We have rent a hall, do we still need to decorate it?” asked he.

“A hall is just plainly a hall, Kibum. Of course we do.”                                                                 

“I have no idea, Yoona. I don’t know why you asked me to help you with this stuff.”

“Well you have helped much, so far. It is okay, I guess we need to ask Leeteuk oppa tomorrow,” she paused, taking a glance at her watch, “Let’s finish this now,” urged Yoona in her common childish tone.

 

Yoona was going to stand up with her files and all but Kibum stopped her. “Eat your food first. You haven’t had your lunch, right?”

 

Hearing her partner saying something like that, Yoona smiled. She sat again and carefully ate her sushi while Kibum looking at her with a laugh.

 

Kibum wasn’t lying to her girlfriend. Although he was with another girl, in a cafeteria, eating together, both smiling at each other, and he told his girlfriend it was a common meeting, it was indeed still a meeting, right?

 

 


 

 

It was one normal morning when no one had arrived at school but Jessica. She was reading her favorite novel when a voice greeted her.

“Jessica! Jessica! Jessica!” Yoona called her enthusiastically. She ran to her with a spirit Jessica had never seen before. She said, “I had a story to tell you! It’s a really great story! I still can’t believe it! Oh, God…”

Yoona paused for a moment, trying to figure out her company’s response. Oh, but none, of course. Ignoring her company’s coldness, Yoona continued, “Yesterday, I had lunch with Kibum!” Hearing the girl’s prologue, Jessica coughed a bit.

“I know, this is surprising, right?” Yoona added. Oh, girl, Jessica had a different point of view, unfortunately.

“H-how?” Jessica asked.

 

Yoona took a deep breath, closing her eyes, she started to explain, “Yesterday after the student council’s meeting, I complained about the task Leeteuk oppa had given me. And all of sudden he neared me and offered me a help! He said, ‘Do you want me to help you, Yoona?’ Oh... He said it so sweetly! I can exactly remember the tone he used to say that! And I answered, ‘That would be nice, too.’ So he did. He helped me typing the report, checking the proposals, until he asked me to finish that at the cafeteria!”

Yoona paused. She opened her eyes again and looked at her companion with her sparkling eyes.

“And then?” Jessica questioned, feeling uneasy about her gaze.

 

“At the cafeteria, we ordered something to eat. He sat in front of me, reminding me of a dating couple. We then continued doing the report and proposals but then I decided to finish that since, well, he had helped me for quite a long time. I was about to stand up but he stopped me.” Yoona paused again to add some sparkle in her eyes. “He held my wrist, Jessica… He held it…” she said, pointing to her right wrist.

 

Enough. Jessica had had enough of her story. Yoona had to stop it right away or Jessica would explode soon.

 

But someone falling in love like Yoona could never stop that way. “And Sica… You know what’s more exciting? He…-”

 

The Ice Princess didn’t give her more chance, though. Saying, “Yoona, I’d like to have a talk with you but I think not now. Excuse me because I really have to use the bathroom, bye,” and she left Yoona.

 

Yoona, not being sensitive enough, yelled, “Okay, Sica! See you later, I’ll continue my story!”

 

 


 

 

We all know that going to the bathroom was just an excuse. Jessica went to the cafeteria and ordered a drink instead. She took some short breaths with a few sighs in between. It wasn’t a big deal, really, but she couldn’t find any explanation of why her heart beats started to increase by itself.

 

Yoona’s story echoed in her mind very well.

 

He held my wrist, Jessica… He held it…

 

‘Kibum had only held my hand once and he dared touching another girl?’ she thought.

‘Moreover, he told me that he was in a meeting with the student council!’

‘But it was indeed a meeting. Yoona was indeed a student council member.’ herself, aside from her jealous-self talked.

‘But not in the cafeteria! And holding hands would not be necessary!’

‘There must be a reason. Not holding hands, dearie. He just tried to stop her. It might be done by accident.’

‘Argh! Whatever!’ Jessica yelped as she quitted debating with herself. Jessica was always a logical girl. She would, definitely, follow what her mind, her brain said. But just now, Jessica couldn’t tell what to follow anymore. Logic, that formed by her brain or the one that came from her heart?

 

She cursed herself for being easily jealous like this. She cursed herself more for not being able to hold it back any longer. Only if she could sit in front of Yoona again, let her continue her story, and listen to it one more time.. Only if Yoona could have more time to tell the rest of her story...

 

"And Sica… You know what’s more exciting? He…-"

 

She cursed herself for being jealous yet still being curious.

She cursed. She cursed. She cursed.

 

She felt her fists suddenly clenched so tightly.

 

Being jealous was hurt, wasn’t it, Jessica?

 

 


 

Done, done, done. This is it the third chapter.

Hope you all like it!

Please kindly leave comments and subscribe!

And let me know what couple do you want to be in the end of this story ;D

Thank you you!