High Curiosity

Fate

High Curiosity


 

 

Did I write the word ‘High curiosity’ in the foreword? That a kid like Kibum often had a high curiosity? Well, here’s an example.

 

It was a common school day when Kibum borrowed Jessica’s tab and opened every application it had. His eyes fell upon an application which had a book-shaped icon and a small padlock on it. He tapped on the icon and a password inquiry appeared. A diary, he guessed.

“Jessica, what’s Life Mate?” he asked.

“Kind of…diary, I think,” answered Jessica.

“What’s the password?” Kibum asked again. Jessica glared at him before giving a reply, “It’s called a password because no one but me may know it.”

“Aren’t you going to tell me the password?” childishly begged Kibum.

“No.”

“Really?”

“Yeah,”

“Okay,” Kibum paused. “What if I do this?” He said as he tickled his girlfriend.

“Hashh, stop it! Don’t act like a curious child, Kibum! It’s a diary so I can never tell you.”

“Hmm…” whined Kibum.

 

Kibum finally stop ranting at Jessica to tell him the password.

“Jessica, how to play Doors and Rooms?” he once asked Jessica, eventually started to enjoy playing games there and forget about the Life Mate thingy.

 

Or that was what she thought he was doing.

 

Or that was what Kibum wanted her to think.

 

 

“KIBUM! You aren’t playing Doors and Rooms! What are you- KIBUUUM!”

Jessica punched Kibum’s head using her tab. Her instinct when she saw that her Life Mate was blocked because of more-than-ten-password-attempt-failures told her to keep yelling at her boyfriend like that. While Kibum… huh, he just had to hold his high curiosity for a while.

 

 


 

 

‘Oh yeah oh yeah… Screw the student council. Bye bye!’ Jessica’s mind yelled.

She was so happy that day because her lovely boyfriend wouldn’t be a student council member anymore. Well, even though Jessica wasn’t really sure that Kibum wouldn’t be easily persuaded to join it again the following year.

 

She was texting with Kibum when he told her that the student council was going to hold a party as a farewell; and Jessica’s mood was down all over again.

Haha, because it meant Kibum was going to be busy again.

 

“Sorry.. I never think they will hold such party..”

“Haha, it’s okay, just go :)”

“You sure?” Jessica thought it was the funniest question ever. Of course she wasn’t. Of course, no girlfriend wanted her boyfriend to be engaged in other activities too often like what Kibum did. No girlfriend wanted her boyfriend to meet other people more often than he met his girlfriend. Of course. But luckily, Jessica still had her rationality remained inside her.

 

So she was going to lie one more time. Not lying…she was just covering things Kibum didn’t have to know.

 

“Aren’t you going to text me again after that?”

“I’ll try…”

Huh, ‘I’ll try’. Someone as busy as Kibum would have no chances even just to try. He wouldn’t even have time to remember to try.

 

“Little chance, though. Well, okay :)” replied Jessica.

She waited for the whole ten minutes for some apologize or whatsoever but Kibum only sent her a smiling smiley. ‘Screw you,’ Jessica thought. Some minutes later Kibum sent her another message.

 

“I’m going now. Love you…”

 

And Jung Jessica always did everything as equally as possible, guess what? Too easy? Oh, sure, a single “:)”

 

 


 

Jessica felt like she had to burn her laptop. The night after the so-called-farewell party the student council held, Jessica checked every social media that uploaded any photo of the event. Facebook, twitter, line, whatsapp, path, and even Instagram. And 18 out of 20 photos containing Kibum showed that he was being close with girls there.

 

A picture where Yoona was sitting beside him.

A picture where Kibum was talking to Sunny and the girls.

A picture where Kibum was posing with Sooyoung behind him.

Another photo where Kibum was doing a high five with Tiffany.

Kibum. And those girls.

 

Jessica should have known that stalking would be this hurt.

 

And she couldn’t help but to text him and rant about that thing.


 

“Kibum.. you are surrounded by girls in the student council’s farewell party’s photos.” It took Kibum only three minutes to reply her. Something that…actually decreased Jessica’s worries a bit. Jessica hesitantly opened his message. It’s the first time she clearly, directly protest about something so she was a bit cautious.

“I wasn’t alone there… There were so many people in the photo…”

“So it’s okay if I take a picture with boys around me?”

“It’s a different case, Sica. You know exactly people in the photo… They don’t have any feelings for me. But if you, it’s different. And I only do that for this kind of event..”

 

‘Discrimination,’ Jessica sarcastically jokingly thought.

 

“Who said they don’t? Who said they won’t in the future? And are you asking me to act like I don’t care every time you’re attending such event? Not to mention that you attend this kind of event almost every day.”

Without waiting any replies from Kibum, Jessica sent him another message, “Alright, if that’s what you think. I got it. Let’s forget this.”

And Kibum didn't reply her again..

 

 


 

Thank you for reading!

Don't forget to leave comment and subscribe!

Any critics and opinion are welcomed!

Much love <3