That Kiss

Fate

 


That Kiss


 

Jessica grumbled as the heavy rain came. She didn’t make to catch the bus and took a taxi instead. But unfortunately, she chose a wrong taxi which the driver tried to put her in a wrong direction.

“I know where the Grand Palace Hall is, sir. But why are you taking me into the opposite direction?” she snapped.

“I- I am so sorry, Miss. I think I have taken the wrong direction. I kind of forget the place.”

“Huh! You said you knew where the Grand Palace Hall was. Whatever, sir, just I need to go there as soon as possible!”

“Alright, Miss.”

 

Some moment later, Jessica’s phone vibrated. Two new messages received at the same time. Jessica opened them; the first one was from Yoona and the other was from Kibum.

‘Jessica! Where are you? I am waiting at the food court,’ wrote Yoona on her message.

‘I am still on the way,’ replied Jessica.

Then she read Kibum’s message, ‘Sica, I’ve arrived. Where should I wait you? Should we meet first somewhere?’

Jessica thought for a moment. She, Kibum, and Yoona agreed to meet and have lunch before attending the school’s anniversary event. The hall and the place they were going to have lunch in were close, anyway.

Deep inside her heart, the jealousy was still there. The imagination of Kibum being close again with Yoona kept replaying inside her mind. The idea of meeting Kibum first before seeing Yoona seemed good to her. It was at least better than letting them wait for her (because Jessica knew she wouldn’t arrive soon) together. Just the two of them.

So Jessica texted Kibum, ‘Do you want to wait me in the bookstore first?’

‘My pleasure,’ so the secret meeting was settled.

 

On the other side, Yoona used that occasion to text Kibum. A very rare chance, indeed.

‘Kibum, where are you? Have you arrived at the Grand Palace Mall?’

A minute later Kibum replied, ‘No, not yet. I’ll see you at the food court later.’

Oh yes, Kibum lied. Why couldn’t he? It was such an honorable favor he could do for Jessica.

Yoona replied again, ‘Oh, okay. Yes, I’m waiting there, see you :D’ but got no more replies from Kibum.

 


 

Almost an hour later, Jessica arrived at the Grand Palace Mall. She texted both Yoona and Kibum and headed to the bookstore, where she and Kibum had agreed to meet first. She directly went to the comic section as what Kibum had told her in his message.

“Yo, Kibum,” she said as she tapped the-engaged-to-the-comic Kibum on the shoulder.

“Ah, you have arrived? Want to go now?” asked Kibum.

Instead of answering, Jessica gazed at the cover of the comic Kibum was holding and asked, “What’s that?”

“This? Case Closed, hehe, or Conan, more popularly,” answered Kibum.

“What is that about?”

“Sort of detective and stuff,” Kibum started to explain, feeling enthusiastic as the girl in front of him asked about his interest, “Conan is a young detective who helps the police solve cases. The cases are so full of mystery about murder, thieves, and such things that make me think so much! I love it!”

“Oh…” was the only comment left Jessica’s lips. Not that she ignored him or not paying much attention to him but detective, murder, mystery… they were all so boring to her. If she ever read that stuff, it was only for her school’s task. Why would she help Conan helping the police to solve the mystery (you read, you think, right?) if the value of x in algebraic was still a mystery up to now?

 

After that, Jessica asked Kibum if he wanted to go seeing Yoona now and he answered that it was up to her, so Jessica decided that they would go to the food court right away.

As soon as they met Yoona, Yoona glared at the couple.

“You came together?” she asked. Because she had had enough of Kibum avoiding people realized their relationship, her instinct told her to just shut up.

 

However, Kibum told Yoona that he waited for Jessica at the bookstore, proving that he was very unpredictable.

And our little friend Yoona felt scared all of sudden.

 


 

“Jessica, what are you going to buy?” asked Yoona.

“I don’t know. Steak, maybe. What about you Kibum?” Jessica asked Kibum, for the very first time involving him after the whole girl’s talk with Yoona.

“Eh? I don’t know. You two go order something first and I’ll wait here.”

So they did. Yoona wandered around looking from one stand to another while Jessica directly went to a steak seller. Jessica ordered one small portion of Tuna Steak and a glass of Caramel Macchiato. Yoona who had been wandering for around 20 minutes finally decided to order sushi -containing eight big slices of Ninja Roll- and a glass of green tea.

Kibum gazed away from his phone as his nose smelt something delicious. As he looked up, the girls had already put their meal on the table, stimulated Kibum to be hungry. He excused himself and quickly went away to buy something to eat.

“Hey, Sica, how could you come together with Kibum?” Yoona asked as soon as Kibum left.

“Hm.. how could I come together with Kibum?” Jessica repeated. ‘Because I am his girlfriend, I suppose’ thought Jessica. “Kibum asked me whether I had arrived or not and I told him no. I asked him to wait for me because I don’t know this place really well so we met at the bookstore first –the only place I know the direction very well.”

“Really? If it was me who asked him so, do you think he would do the same?”

Yoona’s question, somehow sounded pathetic that Jessica felt a pity to her.

“I don’t know Yoona. I really don’t know.”

 


 

Jessica had finished eating half of her meal when Kibum came with his spaghetti.

“I never know spaghetti could smell this good.” Jessica said, sniffing at Kibum’s spaghetti. He let out a small laugh, saying, “do you want some Jessica? Here.” He pushed his plate toward her.

“Can I?” she asked, unconsciously making a puppy-face expression.

“Sure Sica!”

With her own fork Jessica took some and put it into . “Yoona, it’s delicious. We should try it sometime,” she said.

“Do you want to try it now, Yoona?” offered Kibum. He moved the plate closer to her.

“Ah, I’d love to! Thanks!” Without hesitation, Yoona grabbed Kibum’s fork, twisting some spaghetti and put it into . “Hm, yummy!” commented her.

Kibum took back the plate to his side and was ready to eat with that same fork. Call Jessica old fashioned but she admitted that she hated seeing his boyfriend eating with something used by other girl. ‘Indirect Kiss!’ she would think every time she saw boys and girls using the same glass, spoon, or fork. Right when Kibum was going to eat his spaghetti, Jessica asked him to pass her the tissue placed on the table beside theirs.

And when no one was looking, Jessica intentionally and silently dropped the fork.


 

“Hi! Why do I smell the scent of a romantic couple around here?” teased Donghae who came all of sudden. He took a seat beside Yoona while saying, “Alone, madam? Mind if I sit here?” Yoona just rolled her eyes thinking that Donghae had just disturbed her time with Kibum, not noticing that Jessica was there to disturb them from the first time.

 “Hey Yoona! Isn’t that… isn’t that.. NINJA ROLL??” yelled Donghae. Without hesitation he took Yoona’s chopsticks and grabbed a slice of her sushi. Yoona couldn’t even utter a word when Donghae slowly put it into his mouth, chewed it, and swallowed it.

 

“THIS IS MUCH BETTER THAN THE LAST TIME I ATE IT!”

“OF COURSE! BECAUSE YOU EAT MINE, STUPID!”

 

Kibum laughed upon seeing their two friends like that. While Jessica…well, you don’t expect the Ice Princess to laugh, right? Yoona grabbed back her chopsticks from Donghae and continued eating her sushi. One slice, that was the sixth slice out of eight. Yoona knew eating sushi in front of the annoying Donghae would bring trouble, but she never expect the trouble would come this way.

Donghae burst out laughing as he saw Yoona’s mouth was full with a whole slice of sushi.

“Oh my- oh my- Yoona, why do you have to be this cute, eating sushi, and make yourself look like a kid?” he pinched Yoona’s puffing cheeks making her blink multiple times.

Yoona turned her head to see the ignoring Jessica. She made a pleading face, saying that she needed some help to get that creature –referring to Donghae- away from her.

“Your fate, Yoona, that is your fate,” replied Jessica. Knowing that Jessica would never help her no matter how hard she pleaded and that she would look dumb to ask Kibum to help her, Yoona defenselessly finished her meal.

But Donghae didn’t stop there. It was Yoona’s last slice when she accidentally let her lips smeared with the sauce of the sushi.

“Again, you are being cute in front of me again, Yoona.” Donghae slowly wiped Yoona’s lips with the tissue he took a while ago (he took it as soon as he saw the sauce on Yoona’s beautiful lips).

“Cute,” Donghae smiled.

Blushed, Yoona replied, “what are you…-”

“What a romantic couple you are! But sorry Donghae, I need to take Yoona with me because committees have to gather before the event starts.” Inside her heart, Jessica cursed Kibum for stopping the scene where Yoona would probably start moving on from him. Jessica also cursed her school’s anniversary for making her boyfriend to spend more time with his ex-crush than her. She cursed everything, everything that felt wrong for her.

 

“Well, that’s right. But Kibum, can I go to the toilet first?”

“Yoona, which part of Kibum’s sentences is right? That we’re a romantic couple?” Donghae grinned.

“Up to you, Hae, up to you…”

“Hey, Kibum, Jessica! Why don’t we go to the toilet together with Yoona?”

“Donghae!” yelled Yoona.

“What? I meant maybe they wanted to go to the toilet, too. Don’t think dirty, Yoona!”

“Get away from me as soon as possible, Hae!”

“It’s okay Yoona, I want to go to the toilet, too.” Jessica stood up and followed Yoona’s step to the toilet.

“See, Kibum? My thought was correct, right? Aish why was that Yoona acted like a lion toward me?” wondered Donghae as they followed those girls to the toilet.

 


 

“Bum? Where’s Donghae?” asked Jessica as she met Kibum outside the toilet.

“He went in too,” answered Kibum.

“Oh,”

“Sica,”

“Yes?” Jessica looked up to see Kibum’s face, the face that was going to leave her with his ex-crush. She cursed again inside her heart.

"I will be busy, you know it. That also means I will work together with other committees, girls, including Yoona. I want you not to think anything bad about us this time,"

"I know," she stared at the floor.

Realizing that her girlfriend was clearly upset at him, Donghae cupped her cheeks and brought her face to see him again. "I'll think about you all the time the event occurs" he winked.

"Hah, what are you..." Jessica said sheepishly.

"I love you, Sica," and planted a kiss on her lips. It was only three seconds long or so but she felt so stunned. She wanted to yell at him as he broke the kiss. She wanted to kick him hard as he gave her that smirk. But she just stood there seeing him walking away instead. Jung Jessica was stunned. Kim Kibum won again.

 


Thank you for reading!

Don't forget to leave comment and subscribe!

Any critics and opinion are welcomed!

Much love <3