Chapter 7

Ready For Love

 

Here you go another part ^^
Sorry for the cliffy(s) xp

 


 

Kyuhyun collapsed onto the floor right there and then. His tears broke free as he hugged his knees and cried. The earlier scene flashed before his eyes but he didn’t regret finally telling Siwon how he felt about him. He had been living with that one sided love for three years and what made it bearable was Siwon being by his side. However, now that the older was looking for someone to love, Kyuhyun just couldn’t stand by and watch. As much as he cherished his friendship with Siwon and as much as the man was the most important person in his life, his heart just couldn’t handle the hurt and the pain anymore. Siwon was his special someone and even though he said he didn’t want to stop loving him, the second he saw him with someone else, he wished his feelings would just vanish because at least then he wouldn’t have his heart broken like that.

 

Meanwhile, when Siwon exited Kyuhyun’s apartment, he was in complete shock, repeating Kyuhyun’s words over and over again. He had no idea how he missed on such thing and he was blaming himself for not noticing. Either Kyuhyun did a great job in hiding it, or Siwon was just as oblivious as a moron like Kyuhyun had said.

I know you for six years… How many of those you’ve been in love with me and suffering alone? Why didn’t you tell me? … Then again, what would I have done if you did? I don’t know. You’re my best friend and I love you so much and can’t imagine my life without you, but…is there more to that?

Ruffling his hair in frustration, Siwon stopped a cab and decided to head home and think it through. Kyuhyun’s pained expression wouldn’t leave his mind and he didn’t want to hurt him any longer. He was confused about his feelings at that moment, but one thing he was sure about was that Kyuhyun didn’t deserve to be sad. Kyuhyun was meant to be happy and it tortured Siwon to know that he was the reason behind his sadness.

 

The next morning, Kyuhyun woke up to some knocking on his door. He had managed to drag his limp body to the couch the night before and although his tears didn’t stop, he managed to have some sleep due to his exhaustion.

He checked the clock beside the tv and was surprised to see it was already noon. He wondered who could it be coming to see him, and as his friend came to his head, he nervously gulped, contemplating on whether he should open or not.

However, another knock made him take a deep breath, straightening his messy hair with his fingers, before standing up and walking to open up.

“What are you doing here?”

He glaringly asked, hand blocking the way for his guest to come in.

“I’m here to see you”

Kyuhyun tsked, his glare sharpening as he muttered between his clenched jaw “Well, you just did. Bye”

He attempted to close the door but a hand stopped him as Yunho pushed it open again.

“Hey wait! I wanna apologize”

“For what?”

“The way I acted in Malibu”

Kyuhyun squinted his eyes, recalling the mocking in Yunho’s tone when he witnessed him crying at the beach.

“How did you know where I live?”

“Does it matter?”

“Yes it does”

Yunho sighed, his face expression softening as he gently spoke.

“Listen, let me take you out for lunch. You seem to not have eaten for days”

“No thanks”

Kyuhyun averted his gaze away, not taking on the pathetic look, in his opinion, Yunho was giving him.

“You love him that much?”

It was more of a statement than a question which left Kyuhyun’s eyes bulging out as he looked at the man before him.

“Well, he’s blind for two things”

Kyuhyun cocked an eyebrow, curiously eyeing Yunho for a couple of seconds before asking.

“Which are?”

Yunho sweetly smiled, hands resting on Kyuhyun’s shoulders and making him flinch a bit, yet the small smile on the older’s lips made him relax.

“Not noticing that you’re head over heels with him, and not realizing what a beauty he has under his wings”

Kyuhyun didn’t know what to say. He fell quiet, biting on his lower lip while lowering his head down.

“Just lunch. I really feel bad about the way I reacted that day on the beach”

Yunho didn’t miss on the wince coming from Kyuhyun at the mention of that day, but he didn’t say anything. He just waited until Kyuhyun looked up again and said “Just lunch”

“Just lunch”

 

About an hour later, Yunho and Kyuhyun had arrived to Sapphire restaurant which made the younger’s eyes momentarily turn sad since it was one of the restaurants him and Siwon often went to.

Yunho noticed it and asked if they should go somewhere else but Kyuhyun just shook his head and headed inside.

 

They settled down and ordered, falling into an awkward silence with Kyuhyun avoiding Yunho’s gaze and letting his eyes wander around since he felt uncomfortable being around him. He reminded him of the show and the reason his and Siwon’s relationship was a mess.

Suddenly, Kyuhyun’s phone started ringing making his body tense and his breath hitch before even fetching his phone out of his pocket. He had a special ringtone for Siwon and thus he knew it was him and it left his heart beating rapidly and his stomach twisting in nervousness.

“Why don’t you pick up?”

Yunho asked, guessing from the younger’s reaction that it must be Siwon, and Kyuhyun lightly shook his head before replying “I don’t wanna talk to him”

Yunho nodded in understanding as the waiter came in and put their food on the table before they once again fell silent and focused on the plates in front of them.

Kyuhyun sighed when his phone stopped ringing, putting a piece of meat in his mouth and slowly chewing on it before whispering.

“I told him”

Yunho puzzlingly eyed him and Kyuhyun added “That I love him”

“And?”

“He kissed me”

“And?”

Kyuhyun looked down on his food, a little blush painting his cheeks as he remembered the feeling of Siwon's lips on his even though it was very short, as he replied And I don’t want him that way. I don’t need his pity”

“Guess not only Siwon is blind” Yunho stated with a little laugh, causing Kyuhyun to narrow his eyes at him.

“What are you talking about?”

“He likes you, you know”

“Yeah, like a friend” Kyuhyun nonchalantly said, letting out a short bitter laugh before focusing on cutting another piece of his steak.

“I mean love feelings”

Kyuhyun paused his eating for a second before shaking his head and pushing the fork into his mouth after muttering “That can’t be”

“Why? I’ve seen the way he looks at you. The way he talks about you. He cares about you if not loves you”

Yunho insisted, but Kyuhyun had enough hoping Siwon might’ve felt the same for him.

“I find that very hard to believe”

“I’ll prove you wrong”

Before Kyuhyun could question his meaning, he unexpectedly felt a pair of lips pressed against his as Yunho leaned over him and kissed him.

Kyuhyun was taken aback, immediately pushing the older away and standing up, banging his hands on the table before snapping at him “What the hell are you doing? I knew I shouldn’t have gone out with you!”

What made Kyuhyun the more frustrated was the way Yunho smirked at him, calmly leaning on his chair.

“He saw us”

Kyuhyun confusedly blinked at him, not understanding what the man was talking about.

“What?”

Yunho pushed the fork into his mouth, taking a second to swallow his food and managing to make Kyuhyun grit his teeth in anger, before he finally muttered.

“Siwon was here”

 

- Tbc -