Suddenly Broke

The Runway of My Heart
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“I think it's a better idea for you to stay as a boy forever.” Kris says while buttoning the new shirt you just changed him into. Since the last one had a nasty pile of wrinkles at the back where your sweaty palms created, Kris made a big fuss until you agreed to change him into something else that isn't drenched in your DNA. “You talk less that way.”

“I'll stay as a boy for as long as you want if you agree to wear a dress in return of the favor.” You talk back, fixing your styled wig and then put a bright red beanie on it. “I mean, ever heard of free stuff? Because I haven't. Nothing is free in this cruel cruel world my brother.” You babble as though lecturing him.

The members are looking at you in amazement of how much you resemble Kris. You already look a lot like him with long hair and usual girly style. But now that your hair is short and you're wearing their clothes, you look like you cand pull off as being his Kris' brother very well. Not sure if that's a good thing or not.

“Are you wearing couple clothes with Chanyeol?” Observant Lay asked while looking at Chanyeol and then back at you who were laying back on the couch. Actually, you didn't need to be observant to know. It was kinda obvious. Only you who were dull enough not to notice. Hearing Lay's word, you were a bit confused. But your eyes widen when you recognized the word “couple”.

You shoot up from your laying position and look down at your own clothes and then at Chanyeol's.

What the heck, this is so unintentional!

Chanyeol is wearing a black tank top, so are you. He have on a black beanie, yours is red. Even the freaking backpacks are the same brand and the ripped jeans are ripped at similar spots. Who give him permiss- You thought but then realized you're the one that dressed him up. Well of course you dressed the members in clothes you would wear if you are a boy, not a surprise in this double take. But still it's a burden to be twinsies with this blunt human being. Actually, you're not even sure if he's 100% human, maybe he's 25% elf. His ears say so.

"I said no but she kept insisting. Oh well." Chanyeol says smugly with his arms folded. You can't say anything since it was your fault. With a grumpy mind, you stand up and stomp back to the closet but Chanyeol stops you by your arm.

“We don't have time for your girly needs.” He says and then pulls your elbow to place you back on your spot.

Chanyeol wants to keep the clothing choice as it is. He knows you are going to get tease at either by Kris, or by the other members of EXO for the whole day. He isn't gonna let that sweet moment of revenge pass. What you did is very unforgivable to a man. He isn't gonna admit his fault. If you weren't being an annoying brat in the first place, he wouldn't have done it.

“It's not my girly needs. It's my survival need. Why would I wear couple clothes with you?” You say sassily and yank your arm back, turning again but Jaehyung walks in after getting a milk box from the fridge.

“Are you guys all set? Let's go! We're late for the salon!” He urges and you growl. Chanyeol just silently laughs at you in his head, however his huge grin is impossible to be wiped off. You just dug your own grave again stupid Min. It must be your specialty.


 

“I'll go sit on the roof.” You say with your arms folded, standing in front of the opened-door van but refuse to go in. The members are all seated in their usual spots, which means that Kris, Tao and Chanyeol are sitting at the front row next to each other. Baekhyun, Kai, D.O, and Lay on the second row. Luhan, Sehun, Chen and Xiumin occupy the third row. Suho is sitting on the passenger seat next to Jaehyung who's also in charge of driving. The only seat left for you is either between your stinky brother Kris and the obnoxious jerky beef you hate, or the happy bomb Tao who's staying still is impossible to him. You don't want to act like a spoiled little brat, you're not that kind of girl. But this kind of seatings, it happened at the breakfast table once and you thought fate already gave you its mercy, but you guess not.

“Just get your little bum up here and sit down.” Kris says and you humph. Looking around to see all the other members are waiting for only you.

You growl. You hate making people wait. Gulping down your unspoken feelings, you climb on the van and settle down between Kris and Chanyeol. At least these two keep their hands to themselves to some extent. You sandwich between the giant towers and Jaehyung starts the engine.

“Yay! It's your first day Min! Cheer up. Let's go to the salon!” Jaehyung sings and you force a smile. Since you and Chanyeol are both wearing tank tops, your skin rub against his as the van bounces up and down due to the crappy road surface.

“Let's go to the salon!” Tao sings along while raising up his arms like he is fist pumping at the club. The hyungs laugh at one of their cute maknae and you also relax a little, forcing yourself to get used to it. Well, you try to, until Jaehyung decides to points out the obvious again.

“Are you wearing couple clothes with Chanyeol?” He asks and you growled.

Is it really that obvious?Even if it is, why ask?! “No.” You cross your arms.

“Yes.” Chanyeol says at the same time as you and he think he can feel your anger.

“Does it still hurt?” You turn your head and asked him with a smile. A very, very bright smile that isn't really what it seems.

“Watch your back.” He grits his teeth and looks away, secretly gulps down a chunk of horror. He admits your smile was cute, but the more he looks at you the creepier it gets. You're like the devil.


 

You are introduce to everyone at the salon by Jaehyung. Apparently all the staffs there already know you are Kris' sister. They greet you and introduce themselves in hurry and then get right back to work. The modern and spacious salon is packed because of the 12 regulars. Loud chatters are everywhere, making the place seems like a “Handsome Boys Festival”, if that kind of festivals even exist.

You stand still in an awkward position while everyone around scurry everywhere. You scan the place, you know you have something you need to do, but you forget what it is. You were woken up at freaking 5am and then having to dressed up 12 boys only to have Kris and Chanyeol picked a fight with you. Your mind just go blank like evil Kris take an eraser and go all over your head. Seriously, you're in foreign land and you feel like he messes with you more in Korea than he did back home. You don't know what his problem is. Oh well, now you have another problem you need to face.

Maybe if I just stand here and think, it'll come to me. You think to yourself and like that, you keep standing. You scratch the corner of your lips while eying everyone, looking like a complete clueless dummy by yourself.

“What is that idiot doing?” Chanyeol mumbles to himself when he sees your reflection on the big mirror that he is facing. He opens a bag of Skittles and pours out a handful and stuffs it all in his mouth. Seeing you still standing in the same place for 3 god's sake minutes, he stops the hair stylist and turns his revolvable chair so that he is across from you.

You are still in the mist of thinking when your eyes catch Chanyeol looking at you with a dumb expression. You just gawk at him and then look away. Chanyeol scoffs and he throw a red sk

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter