The New Coordi

The Runway of My Heart
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

You go to the kitchen after D.O pointed to where it was for you. You see Jaehyung sitting at the dining table and he smiles when you walk in.

“Min, sit down.” He says, his smile is so warm he makes it hard not to smile back.

“What do you want to see me for oppa?” You ask while taking a seat. In front of him are the familiar fashion magazines and some strange looking black folders.

“To give you directions on how to do your job.” He says and you nod. Even though you studied hard at school and knows a lot about being a stylist, it was your first job so you were also very clueless. “Don't be so nervous, it's nothing intimidating.” He chuckles as he sawy your nervous expression. “I'm sure they already taught you all of this at school. I'm pretty much repeating everything.”

You feel lighter after he said that. Jaehyung gives you a reassure look because he wants you to relax.

“Sponsorships, not anything new right?” Jaehyung asks as he takes out a small notepad with a pen from the folder and hands it to you.

“They'll receive free clothes in exchange for promoting the things they're wearing right?” You reply while tapping the pen on your lips.

“Yep. Our boys gained a lot of fans over the course of one year since debut, plus they 're all handsome young men so fashion companies aren't hesitate to pick them as their promoters.” He says, pulls out a stack of magazines from underneath the folders and pushes it towards you. “For example, each week, they'll send you catalogs like this.” He raises one of the magazines and spread it out in his hands. “You'll have to communicate with the members on this. Give them your opinions on what looks good on which member and then mark it down. Once you're done with one catalog, send an email to that company with the clothes ID number and it'll arrive to SM mailbox in about 1 or 2 days. Pretty fast.”

You nod and quickly translating what he said into English on the notepad he just gave you in order to have something to look back later on. It was rather difficult considering he said everything in Korean, plus his pace was fast. You try your best to keep up without telling him to repeat himself. You want to appear professional and to hide the fact that you're not the brightest light bulb out there.

“That's that. Now for their stage clothes.” Jaehyung says and he pulls out another piece of paper. “For each comeback, there's a different concept. The company picks the concept, you chose the clothes. You can purchase the clothes with the company money or you can design them yourself. Our last stylist didn't know how to sew so that's why we moved on to you, who actually went to school for this.” He says and points to the concept for their current comeback. You already knew what is was. Wolf style.

“I can freely dress them however I want as long as it fits with the concept?” You ask while examining the piece of paper. It have pictures of wolves and caves. The concept seem really dark and mysterious. But then you remember seeing the clothes the members were in earlier. Ain't nothing mysterious about that.

“Of course. But you obviously can't dress them in tacky brands. It has to be professional.” He explains. “And for makeup and hair, don't worry about that. They'll be going to a salon every morning before doing their schedules. Unless you have something else in mind then you can tell the make up artists or hair stylists your vision. If you don't, then just like you, they'll do whatever they think fit the concept.”

“And, well, could you explain more about dressing them? I mean, I know it's nothing big since it's my job but you know, my skinship problem.” You say, looking down and play with your fingers.

“You don't know this is the dream job of any girls out there Min.” He chuckles. “But yeah, it's nothing like they can't dress themselves or anything. But because the company pays you to do this. EXO weren't hired to dress themselves, they're the company's artists so getting dolled up professionally is one of their privileges. We usually hire women in their 30s who look ually unappealing or men so the boys won't mess around. But since you're Kris' sister, we were convinced that nothing fishy will happen. Just think of them as dolls you're playing dress up with.”

Well do they look like dolls. You think to yourself.

“And about the rooms. I'm not picky or anything, but I know that I will have to stay up late and sew a lot. The sewing machine is not the quietest thing out there. I wonder why I didn't get my own room.” You ask and it was true. You didn't mind sharing a room or sharing anything for that matters. You can sleep anywhere under any circumstances. But you know that you'll be busy during night time and the boys need sleep . You wouldn't want to wake them up.

“We actually discuss this with the members. Many agrees that you deserve your own room, except for one person who opinions actually matters.” Jaehyung says and his lips twitch. “Kris.”

“That jerk.” You mumble under your breath. But that's because you didn't know about his real intention.

“He said he miss sharing a room with you Min. Plus, he wants to make up for the 5 years he wasn't there to protect you.” Jaehyung says and your heart softens. “This apartment are only for the members. Staffs and managers have a different room across the hall. But you're an exception.” Jaehyung says with his hand clasp together on the table. His eyes smiles are like the crescent moon in the sky tonight. He's so cheerful, unlike that Chanyeol guy who you unfortunate me

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter